WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Ginger - I too am going to PT for fingers going to sleep and nerves being pinched shoulders/back/neck. Mine is so bad it wakes me up so I never get a good night's sleep.

Lillian - I just did my taxes tonight online and for the first time ever I get the Earned Income Credit. Yay! That money is going into my Disneyland account.

I'm not ready to set my March goals yet because I want to make sure that I set goals that I am actually going to keep not just give it lip service.

Ouy vey I'd better get to bed. Good night my wonderful friends.

Gloria in WA where I'm worried about Sherry <3<3<3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    :o
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    up at 3 am because Homer decided to start barking .. made muffins and off to make mashed potatoes and meatloaf.. working 9:30-4 today
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    <3 Sarah
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Happy March everyone.
    Not sure where February went..but was a fast moving month.
    Have been skimming the last couple pages.Love the baby pics & good news from a lot of posters.

CHARLEEN,
    your
    post caused me to tear up.
    How wonderful! The elderly often get the short end of the stick & you made a lovely difference.
    Thank you.

A local TV station did a short story on elder abuse & it breaks your heart.Don't know how abusers live with their selves.So sad that children/ Grandkids lead the parade to steal elders money/ property.Well....hopefully,what goes around comes around.
    Enough of that.

Had a check up last wk & lost 2 pads.I'm surely the slowest loser on here,but just happy it wasn't a 2pd gain.

Someone is off all med's. Perfect NSV....how great is that.Congrats to you!

Weather has been weird.Set new records last wk....80*one day......this wk is stormy,rainy & cold wind.
    Hate that cold wind.

Ordered a new rain jacket with a hood......never liked a hood,but age & crazy weather is a game changer & no umbrella needed will work for me.Hate umbrellas!

How do you good cooks keep fried ground turkey from being so dry?DH likes meat in pasta dishes.Might have to stay with ground beef.

Sorry to be so long winded.Sweet thoughts for lovely Olivia & family.Good thoughts for all who need them.Missing Carol in NC.
    Today's dinner will be a dish my Mother made,with simmered roast beef & a lot of veggies .Mine will use my home made beef broth,but no meat.Not DHs fav,but that's his problem.
    Pat in Oh
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I give up ! I tried three times to paste a post & it's gone each time.
    Exercise then Pain Clinic & PT for DH, late lunch early dinner later

Lois North Shore, Ma
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Going to bed now after a disastrous evening snacking, biscuits, peanut butter on toast. Not sure why as I had been good all day. Will need to think about why I did it, I did the same 2 days ago but that was after drinking wine.
    Tomorrow is another day and will try not let myself be derailed. I've been doing this for a year now and still have a couple of pounds to lose to get to goal, wondering how to get past this time of up and down pounds. Feel like I'm just tired of it but know I need to keep going otherwise I won't be able to maintain the loss. Anyone else had this feeling of I'm fed up with this, I want to eat anything I like and to h**ll with it

Kate UK

Yep, especially when I am anxious or at odds with someone I care about.

DJ Sometimes sharp ear pain turns out to be TMJ syndrome. Just a thought.

Pip I like the salt & pepper Airstream but I am even more intrigued by your cool backsplash tiles. Did you make some of them?

Joyce t3345.gif

Marcelyn Your poor grumpy momma daughter. I remember how hard it was to be 2 weeks overdue. It's a reminder that your little one is going to hold you hostage in many ways, some not so fun, for many years to come, and he/she is starting right now!

Heather Glad you are getting the reimbursement snafu straightened out.

Penny I am missing you.

Thanks for all the good wishes for OLIVIA. We should get another update today, will keep you posted.

Karen in Virginia
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Off to the city today. Dr. appointment - annual check up. Perhaps the Dr can check my thyroid. My Naturopath indicated there could be some thyroid issues happening. That may explain a lot.

Hopefully I make good food choices today too! I am sure I will get my steps in, I am going by myself and I always park far from the door !

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement to keep going, you are all so inspirational.

Have been to the gym
    bike, rower, treadmill 2 rounds on weight machines
    20 squats with kettlebell and 20 kettlebell swings

Had lunch which has been duly logged am roasting a chicken which we'll have with veggies and roast potatoes for DH

I will have a drink tonight with my friend who is going through a bad time her DH and I don't mean dear has dementia and was taken to hospital again last night. Sounds awful but I hope they say he can't come home, she is 85 and like a little bird and their son is Bipolar so not always a great help.
    I will only have a small measure of gin with tonic which I will log

Kate UK <3<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Joyce- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day Celebrating!

Heather - fantastic news! I bet you are very relieved!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-30X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Take a Walk every day! I've been doing awesome and getting in at least 1-2, 2+mile walks a day!

I lost .4 lbs this week. I am working hard to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Still a couple of days left!