• Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    dc8066 wrote: »
    hmqygi2b9e88.jpg

crescent roll hot dogs with bacon....

Ok so I have a question, some people call these hotdogs in a crescent roll "pigs in a blanket" but other people say some cabbage beef thing is a "pig in a blanket" so what is it!
    We call sausage wrapped in bacon pigs in blankets. I don't even know what crescent rolls are.

uqm3fowmnd5a.gif

I had that thing exploded in my face once. The hardest thing was to get it outta my hair, the pieces on the kitchen ceiling fell off on their own after they dried out

I read this out of context. On purpose.

Lol too funny lmao
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    hmqygi2b9e88.jpg

Ok so I have a question, some people call these hotdogs in a crescent roll "pigs in a blanket" but other people say some cabbage beef thing is a "pig in a blanket" so what is it!
    We call sausage wrapped in bacon pigs in blankets. I don't even know what crescent rolls are.

uqm3fowmnd5a.gif

I had that thing exploded in my face once. The hardest thing was to get it outta my hair, the pieces on the kitchen ceiling fell off on their own after they dried out

I can't say that I hate it when it explodes in my face but when it gets my eye, funs over.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    hmqygi2b9e88.jpg

uqm3fowmnd5a.gif

I can't say that I hate it when it explodes in my face but when it gets my eye, funs over.

wait just a damn minute...are you telling me you don't wear safety goggles?

Oh that's what I am doing wrong! I didn't realize safety goggles are for the kitchen, not the bedroom!
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    yutxz6cpy6kw.gif
    Opinions, thoughts and advice...

So my 5yr came home upset the other day after a bully (sheltered little brat) refused to let him play with a group of kids and yelled in his face...

My advice was to tell the kid to shut his mouth and quit acting like cry baby and if this kids gets physical to hit him in the stomach then face and hard...

So he comes home the next day and said that he told the kid to shut up and quit acting like a baby and the kid said fine and just stormed off to play with another group of kids...

However, later that night he told my wife that things went further and he told the kid they needed to have a meeting with their friends and they discussed pretend weapons...

He watched West Side Story over the weekend lol... I think it's freaking hilarious, of course mama is concerned...

• JstTheWayIam
    Options
    So you taught your kid to escalate the bullying by getting physical? That's adorable.

I'm super proud of him for standing up to this kid to be honest...

I did tell him though... If he sees this kid sitting by himself, to go over and ask him if he wants to play...

Don't want to see any kid left out on the playground
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    So you taught your kid to escalate the bullying by getting physical? That's adorable.

I did tell him though... If he sees this kid sitting by himself, to go over and ask him if he wants to play...

Standing up for yourself is commendable for certain. But punching a sheltered brat for not wanting to play is a good way for your son to be labeled the bully.

So true... I didn't figure things would get physical, sounds like the kid backed off after he stood up to him...

But this whole pretend weapon meeting thing just blew me away...
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options

Standing up for yourself is commendable for certain. But punching a sheltered brat for not wanting to play is a good way for your son to be labeled the bully.

So true... I didn't figure things would get physical, sounds like the kid backed off after he stood up to him...

But this whole pretend weapon meeting thing just blew me away...

you probably want to deal with that asap. kids seem like they can be harmless but there are too many reports of younger and younger kids using weapons in schools..

also agree 100 thousand percent.

Yeah very true, no telling what some kid will bring from home acting like it's a toy
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    cmon are we not overreacting? @JstTheWayIam seems like a level headed guy and I assume he's taught his kid morals.

Keep an eye on it and ask him how it felt, why he felt the need to talk to his friends and why discuss weapons. If anything flags up for you then deal with it appropriately.

Otherwise it's just kids learning the way of the world
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Guess I was just brought up old school...

Who knows these days, I'm going to look into this further...

I'm sure it's just sandlot talk but... It's true kids don't know the difference these days...
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    lol ya'll act like kids are some different species now. Have faith.

There's a lot of *kitten* posted all over the internet about the way the world is now.
    The world has always been the same.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    In our day we smoked candy cigarettes, chewed candy dip, and ate chocolate grenades.

dx8wb8ab173c.jpg