lunchtable for the Interesting

Options

Replies

• JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Kids do see Batman and the avengers doing battle in the movies...

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    lol ya'll act like kids are some different species now. Have faith.

There's a lot of *kitten* posted all over the internet about the way the world is now.
    The world has always been the same.

In some ways. Not in how the school system is run.

That's true, but that doesn't change the fact that kids can understand the rules of the newfangled school system that is way totally different from our old system...

I believe my kid will know that hitting someone else with a weapon is bad. Even in this new complex to be feared school system.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kids do see Batman and the avengers doing battle in the movies...

False. Batman has never fought The Avengers in a movie because they are from two different competing comic book companies.
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options

There's a lot of *kitten* posted all over the internet about the way the world is now.

That's true, but that doesn't change the fact that kids can understand the rules of the newfangled school system that is way totally different from our old system...

I believe my kid will know that hitting someone else with a weapon is bad. Even in this new complex to be feared school system.

I know my kid will too, it's the other emotionally unstable kid I'm concerned about...

So much simpler in our day... You dealt with a bully by working on your left hook...

Although like you, I very much want to believe that things haven't changed all that much...
  • MrStabbems
    Options

You're being sarcastic but I'm speaking the truth to you.

No you're telling me your opinion is truth. There is a difference.

@JstTheWayIam I agree and I don't think it has changed much.

the unstable kids or even adults are all around, what are we teaching our kids if we don't allow them to interact with these people, learn to deal with them because they're 100% going to come into contact with more of em!

And we can start going into the realms of mental health etc and discrimination blah blah blah
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    There does come a point though where you gota let boys be boys...
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »

You are missing the point. I am saying kids will be kids and you need to teach them how to get by with following the rules of school or face expulsion. Its called dealing with reality.

ofc I 100% agree. i never argued to the contrary. My point was that I would like to think my kid will know that they need to operate within the rules. That's a life lesson.
  • JstTheWayIam
    Options
    Wow great discussion, bummed I have to go to sleep for graveyard tonight...

But a lot of great insights here... Thanks for everyone's op
  • MrStabbems
    Options

You are missing the point. I am saying kids will be kids and you need to teach them how to get by with following the rules of school or face expulsion. Its called dealing with reality.

ofc I 100% agree. i never argued to the contrary. My point was that I would like to think my kid will know that they need to operate within the rules. That's a life lesson.

yes but he said he told his son to punch the other kid if he didn't like what he had to say. THats what this all came about. Thats not good advice for a kid to act within the rules.

C'mon Lulu, he said if the kid gets physical then defend yourself.

Those rules are universal in society, you are allowed to defend yourself. I would be proud if my kid defended himself and others.

to the other guy, i cba to discuss the system things because we're just going in circles.