Options
1235»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    _Bro wrote: »
    Science has proven that grunting is a sound.
    As science is well aware, the louder the sound the heavier the object.
    So if everyone can't hear you lifting weights your doing it wrong.
    Thoughts?
    I grunt when I fart. What does science say about that?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I guess you're doing it right? :s
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I just looked up Mike Tornabene and I think I like Dom Mazzetti better. ;)
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I don't make sounds or faces when lifting, guess my 360 pound deadlift doesn't count.

Nope..

I love Dom videos, but I don't want to go to the gym with Dom. Although I can appreciate the occasional grunt.
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'd rather involuntarily grunt than fart

A nice long run always brings out the farts for me. And the poops. Seriously. Always take a pre-run dump. Peristalsis will not be denied.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I grunt and make faces at the very end of a rowing machine sprint. It's involuntary and not very loud. I hope.

I just noticed myself doing this today! Hopefully the lady leisurely pulling underhanded up to her chin next to me didn't mind.

Ha! Yes! There's this tiny woman in my gym who comes over in her matchy-matchy pink velour track suit and long nails, rows slowly with the worst possible form for 5 minutes, and gives me looks the whole time like I'm the weirdo.

I think she was in my gym last week, except wearing blue. She was doing this very strange sort of stop-motion row where she'd push back with her legs, pause, yank the handle up like she was trying to rip it right out of the machine, move forward until the handle hit her thighs, then pick up the handle, move it up over her knees, sort of tap it on her shins, and the whole faintly disturbing movement would start all over again.

Every time I looked at her she was giving my tattoos and gym hair the epic stank-eye. Look, lady, at least I'm not rowing like the only song on my ipod is Funeral March for a Marionette.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    I grunt and make faces at the very end of a rowing machine sprint. It's involuntary and not very loud. I hope.

I just noticed myself doing this today! Hopefully the lady leisurely pulling underhanded up to her chin next to me didn't mind.

Ha! Yes! There's this tiny woman in my gym who comes over in her matchy-matchy pink velour track suit and long nails, rows slowly with the worst possible form for 5 minutes, and gives me looks the whole time like I'm the weirdo.

I think she was in my gym last week, except wearing blue. She was doing this very strange sort of stop-motion row where she'd push back with her legs, pause, yank the handle up like she was trying to rip it right out of the machine, move forward until the handle hit her thighs, then pick up the handle, move it up over her knees, sort of tap it on her shins, and the whole faintly disturbing movement would start all over again.

Every time I looked at her she was giving my tattoos and gym hair the epic stank-eye. Look, lady, at least I'm not rowing like the only song on my ipod is Funeral March for a Marionette.

Lol! I guess she's making the rounds. That up-over-the-knees thing drives me crazy.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i keep looking for a way to crowbar in that little billy connolly riff about making the special old-man noise as he gets out of a chair.

i feel so sure there's a place of it somewhere in here. but maybe that's just because billy connolly, and i'm actually wrong.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I usually make quiet, unearthly growling noises during the last few reps... no grunting. :open_mouth: Generally I'm quite boring and quiet.... or laughing at something I'm listening to. Thankfully I lift in my basement.
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I don't make sounds or faces when lifting, guess my 360 pound deadlift doesn't count.

Nope..
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORPY4HG5TOc

He needs more 45s...

I've grunted occasionally on setting new PRs with hip thrusts...I also attempt to make eye contact with randoms to get the full creep effect.

You HAVE to grunt with hip thrusts though. That, and make eye contact with everyone.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Science has proven that grunting is a sound.
    As science is well aware, the louder the sound the heavier the object.
    So if everyone can't hear you lifting weights your doing it wrong.
    Thoughts?
    I grunt when I fart. What does science say about that?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Science says you are full of hot air..