Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

Ya know, I was hanging out with my friend, who has a 2-month old, and is nursing, and I kinda thought to myself...she's like a soda dispenser for babies.
    But next time, I'll just tell the baby "she's not a milk machine. She's someone's mother, and someone's daughter".
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

I heard (I am not a scientist or anything) it is the homoginist (sorry spelling) process that is difficult for humans to process and if that person drinks natural fresh cows milk they wouldn't have any issues. I think we just over process EVERYTHING.

Are you a French model?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The genetic mutation that allows for lactase production throughout life in some indicates that yes, in fact, you ARE designed to drink cows milk if you have that mutation, considering that dairy farming is what brought about the mutation and its persistance.

By the logic of the "we aren't designed to drink cows milk" hooplah, if you in fact are one of the people blessed with lactase production in adulthood, you absolutely SHOULD drink cows milk as you know for a fact that your ancestors specifically evolved to drink cows milk; it is the one food product that you are absolutely certain that you are in fact designed to consume, as there is no other reason for lactase production to persist into adulthood.

You beat me to it. That's exactly what I was going to say. :drinker:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

And evolution!

When humans in northern europe switched from being hunter-gatherers to being more agrarian, those whose lactase-producing genes didn't switch off after early childhood had better chances of survival (from drinking the cows milk, which provided another source of nutrition when crops didn't always succeed just right). At least, that's the theory. I wish I had the article link still.

For those who are lactose intolerant, I'm glad they have options of almond milk, etc. For those of us who have no problems digesting cow's milk and who enjoy it, there's nothing wrong with it.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wasn't "designed" to live in -15 degree temperatures in the winter. I COMPLETELY lack fur. I mean, I'm pretty damn hairless (except for the head.)

So you know what I did?

I put on a coat.

Adapt.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    71557.gif
    :heart:
  • Prek2005
    Prek2005 Posts: 58
    Options
    Babies digestives system are not designed to drinks cows milk that's why pediatrians don't recommend you give cows milk until they reach 12 months of age. As for me you can give me cows milk anyday over almond milk!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just think its hilarious people are saying 'its not natural to drink cows milk' and that we aren't designed to drink it.
    But we apparently are designed to learn how to reduce almonds to milk, which, although is all natural, milk is obviously not the natural state of almonds. So we've adapted to make them in to milk. Yet we can't drink cows mill which beings have been doing for thousands of years?
  • JoannaEngel84
    JoannaEngel84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not taking a side on this discussion, but you can get unsweetened almond milk.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

Where are the nipples on the almonds?

This made me snort... :laugh:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I wasn't "designed" to live in -15 degree temperatures in the winter. I COMPLETELY lack fur. I mean, I'm pretty damn hairless (except for the head.)

So you know what I did?

I put on a coat.

Adapt.

guillaume-approves-o.gif

Gotta love that time of year when the weather tries to kill us.
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

Ya know, I was hanging out with my friend, who has a 2-month old, and is nursing, and I kinda thought to myself...she's like a soda dispenser for babies.
    But next time, I'll just tell the baby "she's not a milk machine. She's someone's mother, and someone's daughter".

Hahahahaha! Oh wait. Were you serious!? Facepalm.
  • Christina431
    Christina431 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Califia Farms Vanilla almond milk is actually really good, I've struggled with liking almond milk for years and just found it at a local grocery store.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

Where are the nipples on the almonds?

Do cows have nipples?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

What shall we call you now? SirNonerFart?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This should have ended with a riveting conversation on Almond Nipples.

*disappointed*
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    While I agree with the OP thread title, I'm probably not going to give up cheese, yogurt and ice cream. That said, we weren't designed to exercise, run marathons, do the butterfly, do extreme acrobatics etc. either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I agree with this, I don't really care for the taste of milk but I won't give up my cheese and yogurt!
  • kjmiller_15
    kjmiller_15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is a piece of information that ive never heard before. So what is a good substitue then for cows milk? That doesn't taste nasty? And how otherwise would one get all there calcium?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

THIS!

Again. All humans are not lactose intolerant.

Oh... nevermind....
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Almond milk tastes weird and soy milk is too sweet. I'll stick to cow's milk. Kthanksbye!