Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• KristinD1977
    KristinD1977 Posts: 101
    Options
    True enough, however, I doubt that humans produce near as much saliva as calves do.

I'm not actually taking a stand against the consumption of milk but many people are so used to ingesting it that they'd never suspect it of causing them problems. I don't think it's a bad idea for people to try eliminating it for a few weeks to see if it makes a difference for them. I actually have a cow's milk hangover today as I ate a grotesque amount of greek pizza for dinner & then took the kids out for creemie's (Maple...mmmm) It was well worth it... but not on a daily basis.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Ate dairy, wheat, and artificial sweeteners this morning. Shockingly, I did not spontaneously combust...

- Layne Norton
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    What about beer? Humans were not "designed" to drink beer. Thank you Evolution!

People have been drinking beer for billions of years, I'm sure. With almonds for a bar snack.

This. Thank you for your support

Oh, you're welcome, OP. Maybe you should learn a thing or two about the timeline of human evolution, though. And evolution in general.

Everyone knows that humans evolved hundreds of years before the dawn of history.

stonehenge-o.gif
  • KristinD1977
    KristinD1977 Posts: 101
    Options
    True enough, however, I doubt that humans produce near as much saliva as calves do.

I'm not actually taking a stand against the consumption of milk but many people are so used to ingesting it that they'd never suspect it of causing them problems. I don't think it's a bad idea for people to try eliminating it for a few weeks to see if it makes a difference for them. I actually have a cow's milk hangover today as I ate a grotesque amount of greek pizza for dinner & then took the kids out for creemie's (Maple...mmmm) It was well worth it... but not on a daily basis.
  • PeaceVegan
    PeaceVegan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    NtqJfUH.jpg
  • andreamossy
    andreamossy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When is the last time you were on a diary farm??? Get your facts straight before starting a protest.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If it were the ideal nutrition then why would so many mother's choose breastfeeding when it would be so simple to feed cow's milk instead which we (human's) must be designed to consume by this point in time???

Not sure if serious.

Most baby formulas are made from cows milk. Wasn't that long ago that breastfeeding was scarce in western society with virtually all babies being formula fed.

Kids can switch to drinking regular milk once they start moving and getting nutrition from other foods as well. The big reason to avoid it before that is that cows milk is a good bit more calorically dense than human milk.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    the only way a steak is tastier is if they happen to catch some of the cow tears as it is cooked
  • sean_d33
    sean_d33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy."

My dogs and cat "willingly" drink cow's milk if I spill it on the floor. My dogs and cat would never "willingly" climb into my car, turn the key, shift the trans and drive it...Maybe we need to reconsider automobiles as well?
  • doug_pierce
    doug_pierce Posts: 255
    Options
    There is no such thing as almond (or soy) milk. Milk comes from mammals. It should be called almond drink.
  • Nyoei
    Nyoei Posts: 8
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

Almond milk is kind of nasty to drink so I only use it for cooking. Hazelnut milk is where it's at! I have some right now in my coffee... bliss <3
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    a lady named bcattoes proved me wrong on this once before in a thread a long long time ago. cats drink milk lol

cats drink other animals milk? by choice? try again

You've obviously never stepped foot on a farm......at milking time barn cats are practically killing each other for a sip of nice fresh milk.....sure looks like choice to me!

To the OP.: Designed or evolved? I've seen no proof that we were "designed" in the first place......
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options

In the US, products may not be labeled organic if they contain GMO.

They can contain "trace" amounts of GMOs according to USDA, I've yet to find an agreed upon number. 0.9% to 5%, so I've heard. Not saying you're wrong, or that I even care, just throwing out the info.
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as almond (or soy) milk. Milk comes from mammals. It should be called almond drink.

1 milk noun \ˈmilk\
    Definition of MILK

a : a fluid secreted by the mammary glands of females for the nourishment of their young; especially : cow's milk used as a food by humans
    b : lactation <cows in milk>
    : a liquid resembling milk in appearance: as
    a : the latex of a plant
    b : the juice of a coconut composed of liquid endosperm
    c : the contents of an unripe kernel of grain
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

Well during the plagues of the middle ages and before, heavy beer drinkers had a high survival rate since many of the plagues were water-borne, the alcohol in beer sterilizes it. Prior to modern sanitation, beer was about the safest thing you could drink.

Until very recent times (the advent of the automobile and TV/sofa combination) beer drinkers were being naturally selected for survival. Despite the unhealthy/dangerous side of beer, it does lead to an increase in procreation, hard to say if it is being naturally selected as a trait overall or not at the moment, but it definitely was for most of human's time drinking beer.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

Well something that is interesting....

Almonds are not meant to be milked. Just blew your mind didn't I...LoL. Seriously though, if that works for you, that's great. I enjoy a combination...either almond or cow's milk.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Every soy milk I've ever seen is made with organic soy beans, which means non-GMO.

They don't have to list it as "genetically modified". Genetic modification is a specific process, if they don't use that process, they don't have to call it that.

Unfortunately, genetically modified is actually a more precise method of creating new strains than what they were actually doing. What they would do was expose the seeds and seedlings to toxins, deliberately creating 'natural' mutations until it finally created herbicide-resistant one, through trial and error. You might actually be better off with a GMO variety. This was far more haphazard.

(And I'm pretty sure my uncle's farm wasn't commercially growing round-up resistant soybeans for nothing. They're used in something... given the prevelance of them in the farming industry, I'd say they're in a LOT of somethings.)

In the US, products may not be labeled organic if they contain GMO.

Mutations aren't and don't have to be labeled as a GMO.

GM in GMO is specifically "Genetically Modified", a process that deliberately introduces changes to the DNA.

On the other hand, mutogenesis (intentional mutation breeding) does NOT have to be labeled GMO. Mutogenesis is WAY more trial and error and haphazard than than GMO production.

A GMO it is produced through the process of biotech firms genetically engineering a food through intentional DNA intervention. On the other hand, they can play Russian roulette with "natual" mutations (even if they are produced by exposure to substances likely to cause mutations) all they want without such a label, because they aren't specifically intervening with the DNA. It just "happened"... with a whole lot of help).

So, yes, GMO's are disallowed in 'organic'.

Hybrids created through deliberate (and equally as interventionist) mutogenesis are allowed (especially since most --in excess of 90% -- of commercially available wheat falls into this category)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    ]

You do realize that back in the days of King Henry because the sanitation was so horrible in England and the water was so contaminated that they drank spirits instead, right?
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

Well during the plagues of the middle ages and before, heavy beer drinkers had a high survival rate since many of the plagues were water-borne, the alcohol in beer sterilizes it. Prior to modern sanitation, beer was about the safest thing you could drink.

Until very recent times (the advent of the automobile and TV/sofa combination) beer drinkers were being naturally selected for survival. Of course nowadays if does lead to an increase in procreation.

You're just a cornucopia of facts, aren't you? A veritable encyclopedia. :) jk
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    a lady named bcattoes proved me wrong on this once before in a thread a long long time ago. cats drink milk lol

cats drink other animals milk? by choice? try again

My 12-year old cat drinks cow's milk... begs me for it. While he does not have the means to get it himself (with the lack of thumbs, etc.), I would say that it is a willing choice on his part.