Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Fourteen pages where 40% of the people responding are taking a post from someone named SirBonerFart seriously.

Head a'splode.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Gawd, *THIS* thread again?

...gulps down a tall glass of COW'S MILK...

...still isn't dead or even diseased...
  • melissarae27
    Options
    Have you looked at the ingredients on a jug of almond milk? Not exactly what I would call natural, and my bet is you aren't making your own.

If you can tolerate milk, than by all means do so.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You can make your own almond milk its better for you
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

Silly human... almond milk is clearly for almonds.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Milking cattle does not cause pain and death. More bunny-hugger nonsense.

Never ever? No bad practice milking farms out there anywhere?

In addition to bad practice (which does happen), it also does (to be strictly honest) causes the death of all the male calves, who cannot really be kept around as pets.

I'm okay with that. I eat meat. But it certainly does involve death, just as keeping egg-laying chickens involves the death of almost all male chicks of egg-producing strains.

LMAO - this just goes to show how little society knows but talks like they are experts. Yes, male calves are killed but first they are castrated and then raised to about a 1,000 to 1200lbs. Then sent to the pack plant where they eventually end up on my plate. :love:

I don't think I said it was a bad thing -- just that you can't pretend it doesn't cause death. I'm perfectly okay with eating animals and do it regularly.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk

If the cow was never born, she wouldn't suffer. You can't justify the industry like that.

I haven't consumed meat or dairy in 12 years. I see where meat is OK for most of us, but in general, humans eat (and waste) too much of it.

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

Soy milk, in moderation, is a great alternative. High protein, low cholesterol. Just get it unsweetened.

As the daughter of a cattle rancher, I would like to just say you have no idea what you are talking about...
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

People have been drinking milk for hundred of years. Why change it now?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

That is odd, because milk is loaded with sugar.... Maybe you should try unsweetened almond.

Actually, I have, a coworker uses it. Still sweet, though not as much.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

Well you don't HAVE to drink a steroid and hormone laced milk...There are other options these days...You just have to pay more for them.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I dont drink milk for moral reasons. The living conditions they live in is so sad Earthlings is a good documentry to watch for more information
  • boooooooooobs
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

AND! it tastes like rubbish. Eww.
  • hseipel12
    hseipel12 Posts: 26
    Options
    Cows milk is full of female hormones and antibiotics which make the cows produce more milk and the antibiotics is to prevent them getting diseases due to forced large amounts of milk to be produced, then we drink the dam stuff and wonder why our men get male-boobs, prostrate cancer. Little boys being born with 'willy' deformaties and a general increase in cancer everywhere. If you have to animal milk at least go organic.

As a matter of fact, antibiotic residue is forbidden in both organic and non-organic milk. The milk needs to be discarded for several days after the last antibiotic treatment (specific period depends on which antibiotic). When the milk truck picks up at each farm, the driver will take a sample from the bulk tank. At the end of his route, the milk on his truck is tested. If there is detectable antibiotic residue, the entire truck is dumped. The sample from each farm is tested, and the farm which included the offending milk is billed for the value of the dumped milk.

As for hormones, more and more farmers are stopping using them because of how much it cuts off the productive lifetime of the cow, and many brands are hormone-free.

Animals, just like people, need antibiotics and vaccines. I honestly think it's cruelty to hold this kind of treatment to stay "organic." I heard a story from an organic farmer that she let half of her chickens die from pneumonia because they are antibiotic free, free range chickens. That is ridiculous to just let animals suffer and die to be organic. Every shot I have ever given to my livestock has on the label how long the hold is for milk and meat is. I never immorally sell milk or meat within the hold time after a shot is given. Conversations about this topic make me angry, because people have no idea what they are talking about.

Either your friend is crazy or you misunderstood. Chickens that die of disease may not be sold into the food chain. Giving antibiotics to cure disease can still be sold as "antibiotic free" though not as "organic". It's the use of antibiotics on healthy animals as precaution to prevent disease that is most complained about.

The point here is that there are extremists that refuse to ever treat with antibiotics even when necessary. (Clearly the animals that die from sickness aren't sold as food.) It does happen and not just with the one case I heard personally. I'm just saying there are bad things that happen to these free range chickens everyone on this page has such a boner about too. Also you have no idea if the organic meat you bought is from an extremists farm anymore than you know if some angry employee mistreated your nonorganic meat. Just sayin..
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am always fascinated with the 'humans were not designed to' notion.

I figure that those who support this believe that humans were put on this earth in one particular form and have not changed one iota since that time.

Makes me wonder how they deal with history and science and all sorts of other things.

I prefer to believe that man is imaginative and adaptable.

This!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Fourteen pages where 40% of the people responding are taking a post from someone named SirBonerFart seriously.

Head a'splode.

QFT
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I dont drink milk for moral reasons. The living conditions they live in is so sad Earthlings is a good documentry to watch for more information

I encourage you to actually go visit a dairy farm.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

Well you don't HAVE to drink a steroid and hormone laced milk...There are other options these days...You just have to pay more for them.

the govt frowns upon the sale of raw milk. now what are we gonna do?

http://www.naturalnews.com/035208_James_Stewart_torture_county_jail.html
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I encourage you to actually go visit a dairy farm.

Naww, better to watch "documentaries" for information and be ignorant but judgmental.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

the govt frowns upon the sale of raw milk. now what are we gonna do?

http://www.naturalnews.com/035208_James_Stewart_torture_county_jail.html

Spend our time on the internet sewing the seeds of of a revolutionary movement to overthrow the overlords and install anarchy
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Where are the nipples on the almonds?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: