• ashheartshawaii
    ashheartshawaii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

This.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna get this thing locked up and call it done.

Creationist View Point:

Genesis 1:26 - 1:28

We rule over them. If, mankind as a whole, decides that we can eat them, drink their milk, and make them stand in small cages to supply our needs, then we can.

Evolutionist View Point :

Human have evolved to this point where we, for the most part, control the environments we live in. We can do whatever we want with them.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

Well you don't HAVE to drink a steroid and hormone laced milk...There are other options these days...You just have to pay more for them.
    I drink milk to show that I will not stand for intolerance!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    OP - 1
    MFP community - 0
    Umm...you're pretty.

That is all.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I never considered my flatulence to be a problem.

A good fart is rather enjoyable.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You could have stopped at "humans are not designed".

One or more of my ancestors developed one or more mutations that made it easier for them to process lactose. That mutation proved advantageous, so it spread and now I have it today and I will enjoy my cow milk alongside my coconut milk and my almond milk.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg
    This.

You agreeing with this picture really shows your ignorance towards dairy farms.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!! Oh and cows really are the stupidest creatures on earth, spend some time with them and you'll understand how they ended up at the bottom of the food chain.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

Well you don't HAVE to drink a steroid and hormone laced milk...There are other options these days...You just have to pay more for them.

the govt frowns upon the sale of raw milk. now what are we gonna do?

http://www.naturalnews.com/035208_James_Stewart_torture_county_jail.html

Spend our time on the internet sewing the seeds of of a revolutionary movement to overthrow the overlords and install anarchy

ku-medium.gif
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna get this thing locked up and call it done.

Creationist View Point:

Genesis 1:26 - 1:28

We rule over them. If, mankind as a whole, decides that we can eat them, drink their milk, and make them stand in small cages to supply our needs, then we can.

Evolutionist View Point :

Human have evolved to this point where we, for the most part, control the environments we live in. We can do whatever we want with them.

1277378257_supporter-rage.gif
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It's good to be THE apex predator.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg
    This.

You expect people to do proper research? That's too much work for some.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    This.

Like 95% of people on MFP
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This.

Like 95% of people on MFP

Hmmm...I would've thought that % was higher...
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    The path that transforms healthy milk products into allergens and carcinogens begins with modern feeding methods that substitute high-protein, soy-based feeds for fresh green grass and breeding methods to produce cows with abnormally large pituitary glands so that they produce three times more milk than the old fashioned scrub cow. These cows need antibiotics to keep them well.

Their milk is then pasteurized so that all valuable enzymes are destroyed (lactase for the assimilation of lactose; galactase for the assimilation of galactose; phosphatase for the assimilation of calcium).

Literally dozens of other precious enzymes are destroyed in the pasteurization process. Without them, milk is very difficult to digest. The human pancreas is not always able to produce these enzymes; over-stress of the pancreas can lead to diabetes and other diseases.

The butterfat of commercial milk is homogenized, subjecting it to rancidity. Even worse, butterfat may be removed altogether. Skim milk is sold as a health food, but the truth is that butter-fat is in milk for a reason.

Without it the body cannot absorb and utilize the vitamins and minerals in the water fraction of the milk. Along with valuable trace minerals and short chain fatty acids, butterfat is America's best source of preformed vitamin A.

Synthetic vitamin D, known to be toxic to the liver, is added to replace the natural vitamin D complex in butterfat. Butterfat also contains re-arranged acids which have strong anti-carcinogenic properties.

Non-fat dried milk is added to 1% and 2% milk. Unlike the cholesterol in fresh milk, which plays a variety of health promoting roles, the cholesterol in non-fat dried milk is oxidized and it is this rancid cholesterol that promotes heart disease.

Like all spray dried products, non-fat dried milk has a high nitrite content. Non-fat dried milk and sweetened condensed milk are the principle dairy products in third world countries; use of ultra high temperature pasteurized milk is widespread in Europe.
    http://www.mercola.com/article/milk/no-milk.htm
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I like others to do my home work for me. I'm sort of lazy. I just call Alan, if needed.
    I can take care of the BS myself. If I feel like it.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a farm, and cow's milk was a staple. I miss it so much!

I miss animals being fed fodder, grazing freely etc, without all the "add-ons."

I have never gotten used to the cow's milk here (cannot stand Angus beef either), as (to mi nose), it has a different taste and has a certain smell.

As thus, I settled on Almond Milk :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    The path that transforms healthy milk products into allergens and carcinogens begins with modern feeding methods that substitute high-protein, soy-based feeds for fresh green grass and breeding methods to produce cows with abnormally large pituitary glands so that they produce three times more milk than the old fashioned scrub cow. These cows need antibiotics to keep them well.

Their milk is then pasteurized so that all valuable enzymes are destroyed (lactase for the assimilation of lactose; galactase for the assimilation of galactose; phosphatase for the assimilation of calcium).

Literally dozens of other precious enzymes are destroyed in the pasteurization process. Without them, milk is very difficult to digest. The human pancreas is not always able to produce these enzymes; over-stress of the pancreas can lead to diabetes and other diseases.

The butterfat of commercial milk is homogenized, subjecting it to rancidity. Even worse, butterfat may be removed altogether. Skim milk is sold as a health food, but the truth is that butter-fat is in milk for a reason.

Without it the body cannot absorb and utilize the vitamins and minerals in the water fraction of the milk. Along with valuable trace minerals and short chain fatty acids, butterfat is America's best source of preformed vitamin A.

Synthetic vitamin D, known to be toxic to the liver, is added to replace the natural vitamin D complex in butterfat. Butterfat also contains re-arranged acids which have strong anti-carcinogenic properties.

Non-fat dried milk is added to 1% and 2% milk. Unlike the cholesterol in fresh milk, which plays a variety of health promoting roles, the cholesterol in non-fat dried milk is oxidized and it is this rancid cholesterol that promotes heart disease.

Like all spray dried products, non-fat dried milk has a high nitrite content. Non-fat dried milk and sweetened condensed milk are the principle dairy products in third world countries; use of ultra high temperature pasteurized milk is widespread in Europe.
    http://www.mercola.com/article/milk/no-milk.htm

Mercola? Now you're just being a dork.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I dont drink milk for moral reasons. The living conditions they live in is so sad Earthlings is a good documentry to watch for more information

I encourage you to actually go visit a dairy farm.

Naww, better to watch "documentaries" for information and be ignorant but judgmental.
    [/quote

My family spent a lot of time with family friends who had a dairy farm. I spent a lot of time there, and I spent a good deal of that time in the milking parlor. The cows came in from the pasture when called, sometimes with me trotting alongside with the other farm kids, the cows came quietly into the milking parlor. They put their heads into the stanchions and stood quietly while washed and to have the milking machines attached. I never saw a cow show pain or unwillingness. We'd laugh if one of them smacked the dairy farmer in the face with her tail, though. All milk machines and pails were kept scrupuously clean. Those cows were well cared for. Those animal rights people going off about cruelty on dairy farms are either misinformed, ignorant, or fools.