Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

cats love cows milk, my dog loves milk and yogurt, and i am sure our goats would suckle on the cows to if we let them lol

Cow's milk is known to give cats a case of "the runs".

Only for some cats. Same as with humans. My cat has never had any gut problems with dairy, and she eats cheese, cream, milk and cream cheese very frequently. She is 6 years old and the picture of perfect health.

You learn something new everyday! That said, one of my cats LOVES spaghetti, but only if it has parmesan cheese on it.
    Mammal species tend to become lactose intolerant because of its absence from their diet, in the same way a vegetarian of many years can become sick from eating meat, because the enzymes die off and are no longer produced.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

cats love cows milk, my dog loves milk and yogurt, and i am sure our goats would suckle on the cows to if we let them lol

Cow's milk is known to give cats a case of "the runs".

Only for some cats. Same as with humans. My cat has never had any gut problems with dairy, and she eats cheese, cream, milk and cream cheese very frequently. She is 6 years old and the picture of perfect health.

You learn something new everyday! That said, one of my cats LOVES spaghetti, but only if it has parmesan cheese on it.
    Mammal species tend to become lactose intolerant because of its absence from their diet, in the same way a vegetarian of many years can become sick from eating meat, because the enzymes die off and are no longer produced.

How do enzymes die?
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    In what way are humans "designed" to drink almond milk?

Humans have been eating almonds for billions of years

Humans haven't been around for billions of years. *sigh*
  • ironanimal
    Options
    How do enzymes die?
    Screaming, holding their little enzyme chests.

And something something about denaturing, lysosomes etc.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    How do enzymes die?

Do you really want to know? Once you learn you can't unlearn.

I was in Madagascar once; state department detail. I was strapped and wired. I had my guys with me and the dip was upstairs getting familiar with the local service providers.

I had ordered another one of their luke-warm pissbeers and got the foolish idea in my head to try one of their curried appetizers. A filthy man with a filthier grin came out a bit later with a plate full of something that smelled divine but looked like hell.

I got four bites in before I heard the screams. Somewhere, deep inside me, insurgent capsaicin troopers were slaughtering my tract. It was awful.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    How do enzymes die?

So when you denature protein you are killing it?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    The genetic mutation that allows for lactase production throughout life in some indicates that yes, in fact, you ARE designed to drink cows milk if you have that mutation, considering that dairy farming is what brought about the mutation and its persistance.

By the logic of the "we aren't designed to drink cows milk" hooplah, if you in fact are one of the people blessed with lactase production in adulthood, you absolutely SHOULD drink cows milk as you know for a fact that your ancestors specifically evolved to drink cows milk; it is the one food product that you are absolutely certain that you are in fact designed to consume, as there is no other reason for lactase production to persist into adulthood.

What now?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I also think we should be drinking human milk instead of cow milk. It is way more natural that we drink our own milk opposed to milk produced from cows. I know people swear by soy milk but that is so overprocessed. I like cows milk in my tea though and lattes. Just a splash. But if breast milk were available in the stores, I would most likely choose that option instead. :)

Out of curiosity....how much would you pay for this human milk? I'm lactating....I could use a side job. Lock me in a stall and hook me up to the pump!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This is the most entertaining thread I've read in forever.
    :drinker:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I also think we should be drinking human milk instead of cow milk. It is way more natural that we drink our own milk opposed to milk produced from cows. I know people swear by soy milk but that is so overprocessed. I like cows milk in my tea though and lattes. Just a splash. But if breast milk were available in the stores, I would most likely choose that option instead. :)

Out of curiosity....how much would you pay for this human milk? I'm lactating....I could use a side job. Lock me in a stall and hook me up to the pump!

Women locked in stalls. I'm in.
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

$1.24 / gallon
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    This is still going...really...

Really?
  • ironanimal
    Options
    How do enzymes die?

So when you denature protein you are killing it?
    You know, I think Bullymong would be a better name for you.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    SO here's a question then...

Growing up, we had a family friend (weirdo/hippie) who used her own breast milk to make pancakes for her family...

is this more or less natural than drinking cow's milk? It's human milk, so technically it is MEANT for human consumption.

Just saying. There are weirder things than consuming cow's milk.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    296hord.jpg

What about bull milk?
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    All this talk about cruelty and whatnot is somewhat valid, but there is a solution ... Buy brands that are opposed to the factory farming practices ... Seven Stars Farm is a good brand on the eastcoast and midwest, look for local small dairies in your area (or around your area), Amish farms, etc.

Unhomogenized milk is best, but if you still have digestive issues with cow's milk then try sheep or goat (as I stated in an earlier post). Also, cultured dairy (yogurt and cheese) are usually more easily digested because the bacteria has already eaten some of the lactose ...

The only real reason you should stay away from dairy is if you have a casein allergy ... Even people with lactose intolerance don't need to totally abstaine since cultured dairy and harder cheeses (like pecorino romano and parmigiano reggiano) tend to be more easily digested.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    SO here's a question then...

Growing up, we had a family friend (weirdo/hippie) who used her own breast milk to make pancakes for her family...

is this more or less natural than drinking cow's milk? It's human milk, so technically it is MEANT for human consumption.

Just saying. There are weirder things than consuming cow's milk.

My husband's grandmother remembered the lady who use to watch her, expressing her milk into her biscuits.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

$1.24 / gallon

Really? We are talking grade A, no added hormones, antibiotic free, free range milk here!
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    296hord.jpg

What about bull milk?

:sick:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i hate to generalize but i hate vegetarians most of all when they go on their rants about animal rights