Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    But it's okay to eat vegetables priced by migrant workers in miserable conditions?
    Good point! Or wear clothes sewn by people working in sweat shops?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Did you know that in order for a cow to produce milk she must be pregnant. The cows are KEPT pregnant year round to produce it. The girl calves are kept to raise as new cows & the cycles starts again. The boy calves are killed as young as 5 days old as they become useless to milk production. 5 days old. Separated from their mother & killed because they are a boy.

Think about THAT when having your cows milk. The dairy industry won't tell you that either.

What an absolutely stupid and untrue statement - do human females have to be pregnant to lactate? Of course not.........

Pure unadulterated propaganda.........
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Did you know that in order for a cow to produce milk she must be pregnant. The cows are KEPT pregnant year round to produce it. The girl calves are kept to raise as new cows & the cycles starts again. The boy calves are killed as young as 5 days old as they become useless to milk production. 5 days old. Separated from their mother & killed because they are a boy.

Think about THAT when having your cows milk. The dairy industry won't tell you that either.

Not wishing to put your post down if you can verify what you have posted, but I don't understand why the meat industry would kill a male calf at only 5 days when it is more profitable to rear it until it is older for meat and other flesh products?

Not saying you are wrong but I don't understand the logic.

Also, are you sure every dairy milker is inseminated and made pregnant every year in order to keep it producing milk? A cow doesn't need to be pregnant to lactate. The meat industry just make a number of cows pregnant in order to produce more calves; females to milking and males to the flesh market.

Can you come back with more facts please?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

What an absolutely stupid and untrue statement - do human females have to be pregnant to lactate? Of course not.........

^ This. The one thing this thread has demonstrated quite well is that those that are very concerned with animal welfare are clueless about their facts.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Not wishing to put your post down if you can verify what you have posted, but I don't understand why the meat industry would kill a male calf at only 5 days when it is more profitable to rear it until it is older for meat and other flesh products?

Not saying you are wrong but I don't understand the logic.

Also, are you sure every dairy milker is inseminated and made pregnant every year in order to keep it producing milk? A cow doesn't need to be pregnant to lactate. The meat industry just make a number of cows pregnant in order to produce more calves; females to milking and males to the flesh market.

Can you come back with more facts please?

I'm interested to read some facts also....
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    dumb thread. I guess we should not eat animal meat either then?

NOT DUMB!!!

ifnck3.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Exactly my thought. What good would milk be to a pregnant cow?
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Were we designed to drink almonds? Were almonds designed to be drank? Considering we don't get almond milk without a lot of processing I'm guessing the subject didn't come up when we were designed. Someone figured out we wanted something milky to drink later and came up with a few solutions at different times. The cow thing works good. Some people seem more on board with goats. Some nut (yup a pun) thought almonds worked well. Coconuts? Sure why not. Still though, not really designed to drink any of those. They work well and serve a purpose but it wasn't in the original plans. Water on the other hand. That's a biggy. Pretty much number one on the blueprint considering we're mostly made up of it. It falls from the sky and it's pretty much all over the place too. So let's just say water is the only thing we were really designed to drink.
  • BeachIron
    Options
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    In what way are humans "designed" to drink almond milk?

Humans have been eating almonds for billions of years

BILLIONS!

drevil_finger_one_hundred_billion_dollars01.jpg
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    We're not designed to fly either, but there's 727s.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

In fact, being pregnant can sometimes inhibit lactation.

And once lactation begins, there isn't a set amount of time counting down until it ends. As long as there is demand, it continues.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

I will think about that as I drink my big old glass of milk. So cold and delicious!!

Oh, and for what it's worth you kinda need a male cow to make baby cows. Can't inseminate without sperm.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Are you serious I mean since when can you take a lid off an almond and drink it and how do they get the soy milk in the bottle or container or the goats milk in a bottle I love my cow's milk I have made my family put up my diet change not going to make them go without there cows milk
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    http://www.animalsaustralia.org/issues/dairy.php

The dairy industry enjoys a carefully crafted public image that leaves many consumers with visions of happy animals and green rolling hills. In reality this tenuous image masks a history of animal abuse, which continues unabated due to a lack of public awareness.

Many milk drinkers are shocked to learn that dairy cows are kept almost continually pregnant in order to maximise their production of milk — milk that nature intended for their baby calves. Once born, bewildered calves are separated from their grieving mothers and routinely killed as 'waste products' before they are even a week old.

Already born to a terrible fate, the dairy industry recently lobbied government to prevent reforms, and it remains legally permissible to withhold liquid food from these unwanted calves for the last 30 hours of their lives as they are trucked and prepared for slaughter.

The dairy industry has long operated under a veil of secrecy. They know that many consumers of milk would find the callous treatment of bobby calves completely unacceptable and rethink their financial support of the industry. If the treatment of bobby calves is to improve, it is imperative that the industry becomes accountable and for the public to exercise their consumer power.
  • BeachIron
    Options

The dairy industry enjoys a carefully crafted public image that leaves many consumers with visions of happy animals and green rolling hills. In reality this tenuous image masks a history of animal abuse, which continues unabated due to a lack of public awareness.

Many milk drinkers are shocked to learn that dairy cows are kept almost continually pregnant in order to maximise their production of milk — milk that nature intended for their baby calves. Once born, bewildered calves are separated from their grieving mothers and routinely killed as 'waste products' before they are even a week old.

Already born to a terrible fate, the dairy industry recently lobbied government to prevent reforms, and it remains legally permissible to withhold liquid food from these unwanted calves for the last 30 hours of their lives as they are trucked and prepared for slaughter.

The dairy industry has long operated under a veil of secrecy. They know that many consumers of milk would find the callous treatment of bobby calves completely unacceptable and rethink their financial support of the industry. If the treatment of bobby calves is to improve, it is imperative that the industry becomes accountable and for the public to exercise their consumer power.

Oh. Look. More ignorance. Education is hard I guess.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Yep you lot are very ignorant. Carry on with it. I guess you don't like it when facts are presented...you turn to verbal insulting then. Shame.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Are you serious I mean since when can you take a lid off an almond and drink it and how do they get the soy milk in the bottle or container or the goats milk in a bottle I love my cow's milk I have made my family put up my diet change not going to make them go without there cows milk

I would imagine they get soy, almond or goats milk in a bottle in much the same manner as they do cow's milk.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pinkraynedrop. However, while I am concerned about animal welfare and strive to minimise my use of animal products and look into where those products come from and their welfare, I am not sure that the information you are posting is either factual or current.

I do however appreciate your enthusiasm for an issue that is often ignored and unfortunately; ridiculed.

Thank you.
  • BeachIron
    Options

Yep you lot are very ignorant. Carry on with it. I guess you don't like it when facts are presented...you turn to verbal insulting then. Shame.

LOL! You are "a lot very" wrong. Check your facts.