Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk
    It probably would have preferred not to be born than kept in miserable onditions.

Miserable conditions? Have you ever actually been to a dairy farm? Obviously not.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

cats love cows milk, my dog loves milk and yogurt, and i am sure our goats would suckle on the cows to if we let them lol
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk either. Not from any moral standpoint. I still eat meat. Cutting out dairy from my diet has been really good for me.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

Yes they will kill her at 6. And she will be delicious.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    OP......have you become lactose intolerant? 10% of people of European extraction become lactose intolerant in latter life. Flatulance can be a symptom of lactose intolerance.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    OP......have you become lactose intolerant? 10% of people of European extraction become lactose intolerant in latter life. Flatulance can be a symptom of lactose intolerance.

I'm not european, I am 1/32 native american
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

I live around dairy farms and I assure you that they aren't kept in tiny stalls.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

I live around dairy farms and I assure you that they aren't kept in tiny stalls.

Yeah, but where you live, cows speak in April Winchell's voice and bully roosters and stuff. It's just not like the rest of the world.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options
    In what way are humans "designed" to drink almond milk?

Humans have been eating almonds for billions of years

Humans have not even been around for billions of years.....so there's that.

And they've been drinking animal milk for just about as long as they've been eating almonds....what was your point, again?
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

I'm not european, I am 1/32 native american
    Got it. Not really a post about milk.
    Which reminds me, nice fishy.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

You don't eat dairy cows.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

Yeah, but where you live, cows speak in April Winchell's voice and bully roosters and stuff. It's just not like the rest of the world.

cow-chewing-o.gif
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have eaten dairy cow. Still delicious.
  • fromtheghetto
    Options
    dumbest topic ever
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    All mammals will drink milk given the chance.

We're not designed to eat ****ing seaweed but people still do it. Go badger them for stealing a manatee's dinner.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    dumbest topic ever

False...you clearly haven't seen the would you bang/smash/pass, etc. threads
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

cats love cows milk, my dog loves milk and yogurt, and i am sure our goats would suckle on the cows to if we let them lol

Cow's milk is known to give cats a case of "the runs".
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Only for some cats. Same as with humans. My cat has never had any gut problems with dairy, and she eats cheese, cream, milk and cream cheese very frequently. She is 6 years old and the picture of perfect health.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Only for some cats. Same as with humans. My cat has never had any gut problems with dairy, and she eats cheese, cream, milk and cream cheese very frequently. She is 6 years old and the picture of perfect health.

You learn something new everyday! That said, one of my cats LOVES spaghetti, but only if it has parmesan cheese on it.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

[/quote

At the livestock auctions around here,and as far as I know everywhere else, unwanted male dairy calves are sold to be raised for beef. It may not be as marbled or as efficient a carcass as beef from beef breeds of cattle, but it is still perfectly good beef.] My own sister raised one of those Holstein calves for meat, grass fed, no hormones, excellent eating.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have eaten dairy cow. Still delicious.