Humans are not designed to drink cows milk

Options

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    There's a whole bunch of things we do that we weren't ''designed'' for.

Milk is full of goodies!

I love my milk and chocolate milk and won't go ahead and replace them with Almond, soy or any other type of ''milk'' *shrugs*

But that's just me
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So are you going to spread that concept to the rest of your habits?

Eating cows, driving, flying, boating, protected sex, air conditioning, indoor plumbing, electricity... ect.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

and she is damn tasty! Medium rare please!
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of the different 'milks' out there and while I like them, I find them awfully sweet, so I'm going to stick to my cow's milk, thank you very much.

Though I'm pretty certain that years of generations drinking cow's milk has made it okay for us to have it.

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others. I'm sorry, but i'm not drinking a steroid & hormone laced milk that makes a calf grow to 900lbs in a few months.

THIS!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    In what way are humans "designed" to drink almond milk?

Humans have been eating almonds for billions of years

How is that proof of design?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk

If the cow was never born, she wouldn't suffer. You can't justify the industry like that.

I haven't consumed meat or dairy in 12 years. I see where meat is OK for most of us, but in general, humans eat (and waste) too much of it.

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

Soy milk, in moderation, is a great alternative. High protein, low cholesterol. Just get it unsweetened.

Soymilk is more disgusting than almond milk. Cow milk is tasty. This is where my interest in the subject ends. Sad pictures meant to illicit an emotional response in regards to cows mean nothing to me.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk
    It probably would have preferred not to be born than kept in miserable onditions.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Humans have been drinking milk since 1700-63 BC. If it ain't broke, don't fix it
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

We most certainly are not.
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with you. I am vegetarian and still do some dairy, but I drink mostly almond milk. I have no problem with humans consuming dairy products, in general. But the industry is terrible and people over-consume milk. Goat's milk is actually much better for you than cow's, and more like human milk (I can't remember, but I think it's the difference in the amount of whey). People have been using goat's milk for dairy products for thousands of years. But again, it's the way the animals are treated and the way the product is processed that's most important to me.
  • CookNLift
    Options

It probably would have preferred not to be born than kept in miserable onditions.

It doesn't prefer anything. I am all for treating animals humanely. but they are a food source. I myself never waste, if there is fat etc I use it in another way of cooking and make sure very little goes to waste. I buy it daily and eat what I purchase.

do you think the living soybean or plant prefers to be boiled, or eaten alive?
  • CookNLift
    Options

a lady named bcattoes proved me wrong on this once before in a thread a long long time ago. cats drink milk lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

=(

I am guessing you all have never even stepped on a dairy farm if you think this is even true.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

If the cow was never born, she wouldn't suffer. You can't justify the industry like that.

I haven't consumed meat or dairy in 12 years. I see where meat is OK for most of us, but in general, humans eat (and waste) too much of it.

Soy milk, in moderation, is a great alternative. High protein, low cholesterol. Just get it unsweetened.

Soymilk is more disgusting than almond milk. Cow milk is tasty. This is where my interest in the subject ends. Sad pictures meant to illicit an emotional response in regards to cows mean nothing to me.

Cow milk might be tasty, but it's worth looking into where it comes from - on a factory farming level. You might find it much grosser than organic soy milk. It's bad for our bodies, the environment and the animals.

I was vegan once, for many years. I no longer believe that vegan is the "way to go". Animal products in moderation from healthy sources are good for us. BUT....most of the milk, eggs, and meat in North America come from the pits of hell. Factory farming is a nightmare.
  • Achrya
    Options

those other animals don't exist. Or...something.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    I was vegan once, for many years. I no longer believe that vegan is the "way to go". Animal products in moderation from healthy sources are good for us. BUT....most of the milk, eggs, and meat in North America come from the pits of hell. Factory farming is a nightmare.

that's why I buy organic local produced milk
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not drink milk?

50849-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-flSp.jpeg
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

It doesn't prefer anything. I am all for treating animals humanely. but they are a food source. I myself never waste, if there is fat etc I use it in another way of cooking and make sure very little goes to waste. I buy it daily and eat what I purchase.

This is getting silly now. Got better things to do with my time than respond to daft comments like your last line.
  • CookNLift
    Options

This is getting silly now. Got better things to do with my time than respond to daft comments like your last line.

obviously not considering the daft reply you made into my daft comment from my last line
  • Achrya
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

Cow milk might be tasty, but it's worth looking into where it comes from - on a factory farming level. You might find it much grosser than organic soy milk. It's bad for our bodies, the environment and the animals.

Why do you assume I'm unaware unaware of the nature of where/how milk ends up on my tables? I've seen and heard it all, and that's in regards to milk, meat, and eggs. My opinion has never budged.