Options

Replies

• MrsWillard13
    Options
    Maybe not. But it is DELICIOUS
  • pdesalvo
    pdesalvo Posts: 3
    Options
    For those of you who doubt this....Read the book Whitewash by Joesph Keon. It is very enlightening!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In some cultures dairy was a major part of people's diets for centuries.

Eastern and Northern Europe, for example. There is sour cream, butter, yogurts, cheeses, buttermilks, keffir and other variations of dairy in almost every dish.
    And no one is "lactose intolerant".

Also, ancient Egyptians, Israelites, and other ancient middle eastern cultures.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

She looks delicious. Pass the Sweet Baby Ray's

And is that a leather belt you're wearing?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

So why is there still lactose intolerance among our society? All humans are lactose intolerant, just some people are more "intolerant" then others.

So OP suggests almond milk, do you not drink that as humans still have nut and seed allergies then?
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    a lady named bcattoes proved me wrong on this once before in a thread a long long time ago. cats drink milk lol

cats drink other animals milk? by choice? try again

...Have you ever tried to MAKE a cat do anything it doesn't want to do?

"Here, kitty, drink the milk!"

-cat f*cks off-

"...Well"

LMAO!!! Thanks for the laugh. I was thinking the same thing when I read that post.

Cat's do not do anything they don't want to. If that person had ever owned a cat they would know you don't make a cat do anything. I often envision my cat with fingers flipping me off because you know he is saying it.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    In what way are humans "designed" to drink almond milk?

Humans have been eating almonds for billions of years

Hahaha
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    asfailedontv_3673_1359457162.gif

This is how I drink my milk
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im alergic to almonds AND milk. *sigh*

What's a girl to do?!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Im alergic to almonds AND milk. *sigh*

What's a girl to do?!

Buy a goat.

Wait, is that against the rules too?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

Maybe pasteurized milk gives you gas? Thats why I only suck milk directly from the cows titty. Give it a try!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    That's why I only drink almond milk. It has fixed all my flatulence problems. Give it a try!

Or don't drink any of it. Cow's milk makes me puke. It's a texture thing. I will never give up my cheese. EVER!
  • Sailfindragon
    Sailfindragon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dairy intolerant here. So almond, rice or soya milk here!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Pro-choice on the milk issue too. Don't like milk? Don't drink it.
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    In what way are humans "designed" to drink almond milk?

Humans have been eating almonds for billions of years

Wait. What? Billions of years? Wow, that's amazing since "humans" have only been around for no more than 100,000 years. Oh, unless you're taking about those humans who live on other planets.
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk
    It probably would have preferred not to be born than kept in miserable onditions.

Do you know for a FACT she is in miserable conditions? Having grown up on a dairy farm and KNOWING how we took care of our animals; how we cared for them 24/7 including getting up in the middle of the night when one was calving to make sure the birth went well, or tend to a sick cow; I KNOW our cattle were well cared for and loved their life vs. running in the wild, searching for the next meal all winter when snow covered fields meant no food, etc., or under your plan roaming the streets only to get hit by YOU as you're driving to your next important event (like so many wild deer do every day)! So unless you know the facts, please don't spread garbage. If you chose not to drink milk or eat meat, that's your choice and I can respect you for that. But this pathetic garbage you self-righteously post should be left in your own head.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Moo.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

THANKYOU for this. I'm a veggie but am toying with the idea of becoming vegan. This helps.

you know if nobody bought meat or milk, that cow would have never been born, right? or would be meat instead of milk

If the cow was never born, she wouldn't suffer. You can't justify the industry like that.

I haven't consumed meat or dairy in 12 years. I see where meat is OK for most of us, but in general, humans eat (and waste) too much of it.

We are the only species that willingly drinks milk from another species and after infancy.

Soy milk, in moderation, is a great alternative. High protein, low cholesterol. Just get it unsweetened.
    I heard that unfermented soy is bad for you...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    not-a-milk-machine.jpg

Something has to die for me to live. Plants, cows, pigs, chickens, etc. It's the way of the wild.

The way I see it, if you are a religious type, the animals were put here for your use.

If you are a non-religious type, you are just as much part of the ecosystem and food chain as any other animal. Eat up.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Yeah I've read a-lot of articles and research stuff on dairy and humans. There was a point where I seriously considered going vegan.