What do you do when you feel unattractive?

Options

Replies

• slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    More often than not sexy/attractive appeal is in your attitude. and how you carry yourself regardless of your lack in Hollywood genetics.
    Be bold, be confident, be great.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm desperately trying to learn what it means to be confident, or to even fake confidence. I have no idea what either means... and that makes me feel like a failure... which lowers what little tiny crumb of confidence I may have. It's a vicious cycle.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I exist same as I always do but feel a little more broken than usual. Such is the life of the unwanteds.

I cannot tell you how much I relate to this.

Broken and more broken. The two states in which I spend my existence.
  • NinjaMuffinzoq
    NinjaMuffinzoq Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ha. You mean everyday? I just hide from all mirrors.
  • KatrinaJ8520
    KatrinaJ8520 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Stay at home eat cheetos play video games. Or sometimes get motivated to lift something.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I usually make it worse by drowning my lack of self-confidence in booze.

Liquid courage....but rarely works as expected. Been there as well.
  • Savage__AF
    Savage__AF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Shave everything
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm shot down in the forums, it's like...
    f4vaedysswak.gif
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have days like that all the time. A lot of the time it ends up with me spending the whole day feeling uncomfortable in myself and wishing I didn't look like me at all. Sometimes when I'm feeling like that I remember that I'm doing the best that I can and that's all I can do. Then I have a good workout and remind myself that my body is strong and worthy of being respected a little more by me.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    I have days like that all the time. A lot of the time it ends up with me spending the whole day feeling uncomfortable in myself and wishing I didn't look like me at all. Sometimes when I'm feeling like that I remember that I'm doing the best that I can and that's all I can do. Then I have a good workout and remind myself that my body is strong and worthy of being respected a little more by me.

Pretty shocked, she's an absolute Babe!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options

confidence in your looks? I deal with negative self image. It is something I work on every day....looking in the mirror and making myself see something beautiful instead of what my eyes see. I have found that when my heart and soul are happy I can look and see good things. When I'm dealing with a depression I look and see shrek's ogre wife. I know that comparison is the thief of joy so I try to never compare myself to anyone. Somebody's hair will always be better, their skin clearer, their eyelashes longer and their eyes more beautiful and expressive. Somebody else isn't going to have the tired dark undereye circles and forehead wrinkles like I have. What other people have doesn't matter so let that go and just focus on you. This is how I try to gain confidence in my appearance and work on my positive self image. I think like this.....Do I like how you styled my hair today? Wow, my hair feels great pulled up like this during my workout. Hey, no breakouts today. Check that out...my eyeliner actually is somewhat even today! Bonus. Hey, this mascara really does make my eyelashes longer....thats awesome. Look how pretty that lipstick color looks...i'm going to like wearing such a pretty color. This shirt is the softest shirt ever...I'm going to feel amazing wearing something so comfy. All these little things add up to just feeling good about myself. This helps with confidence and positive self image.

I'll try this, thanks. I hate the way I look too and I've been working on stepping outside of my own head and putting my energy into other things. This might work for me (and other people) as well. Thank you!!

• abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options

confidence in your looks? I deal with negative self image. It is something I work on every day....looking in the mirror and making myself see something beautiful instead of what my eyes see. I have found that when my heart and soul are happy I can look and see good things. When I'm dealing with a depression I look and see shrek's ogre wife. I know that comparison is the thief of joy so I try to never compare myself to anyone. Somebody's hair will always be better, their skin clearer, their eyelashes longer and their eyes more beautiful and expressive. Somebody else isn't going to have the tired dark undereye circles and forehead wrinkles like I have. What other people have doesn't matter so let that go and just focus on you. This is how I try to gain confidence in my appearance and work on my positive self image. I think like this.....Do I like how you styled my hair today? Wow, my hair feels great pulled up like this during my workout. Hey, no breakouts today. Check that out...my eyeliner actually is somewhat even today! Bonus. Hey, this mascara really does make my eyelashes longer....thats awesome. Look how pretty that lipstick color looks...i'm going to like wearing such a pretty color. This shirt is the softest shirt ever...I'm going to feel amazing wearing something so comfy. All these little things add up to just feeling good about myself. This helps with confidence and positive self image.

I'll try this, thanks. I hate the way I look too and I've been working on stepping outside of my own head and putting my energy into other things. This might work for me (and other people) as well. Thank you!!

I'm with LL5lifts. When you feel bad emotionally, you feel bad physically. I have dysmorphia and have a hard time feeling attractive. If my hair isn't frizzy, or I have a new lipgloss, or my jeans fit just right--regardless of the size of them--I feel pretty good. I hold my head higher. I look people in the eye. I smile more. People like happy smiling people that look confident regardless of whether they are attractive.
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What did you decide to do?
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Paint my nails, dye my hair, change up my look a bit... if all else fails and I am still upset I take it out on the punching bag in the garage. :D
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I drink
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What did you decide to do?

I didn't really decide to do anything. I'm pretty well avoiding addressing it. I'm fairly certain I'm depressed right now. I did go last week and have a pedicure with my bff. I enjoyed the time but then my spouse and I had an argument after because I put out the effort to spend time with her and his "needs" aren't being met. So yeah, didn't really help at all.