What do you do when you feel unattractive?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• TabithaCheesecake
    TabithaCheesecake Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm in the short term. I put on a slinky dress, face full of make up, killer heels... Look in the mirror, smile and tell myself that 'I'm a pretty princess' at least five times. This usually ends in hysterical laughter at how ridiculous I sound. But you know what, some killer heels, fabulous lipstick and a smile on your lips can help you feel more attractive (I'm aware at how superficial that sounds).

In the long term, I try to figure out exactly what's eating at me. I've found its generally other things in my life I feel i cannot control so I put those negative feelings back on myself and agonise on my flaws and things I can change (weight, wobbly bits etc). Whilst I'm figuring it out I try to practice self love and positivity. Reading, bubble baths, coffee mornings with friends, walks, punch bag time, shopping all feature in that.
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I feel just as self conscious when I look gorgeous and amazing as I do when I am run down. I don't like people looking at me or complimenting me, and I feel awkward if I'm more done up than the people around me. Some people just like being part of the crowd and blend.