Real food diet...is that a thing?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    Well that makes more sense, but it was presented as simply "half my weight" not "half my weight only in ounces not pounds"

yeah Im sure the op meant in oz. who could really drink that much water in pounds? especially someone very overweight.I could not imagine drinking 83lbs of water lol(half my weight).
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    Well that makes more sense, but it was presented as simply "half my weight" not "half my weight only in ounces not pounds"

That one irks me, but I've seen it so often I usually just mentally filter out the unit conversion. Somehow saying that you're going to drink 1/32nd of your body weight in water doesn't quite have the same ring. ;)
  • kdavid1987
    kdavid1987 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    AgidGirl wrote: »
    Checking-in!! This is day 100 and I've officially lost 25 pounds!! Counting calories and moving more for the win :-)

Love this, congrats to you lady! Keep up the great work. :)

• juliehmaui2016
    juliehmaui2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Checking-in!! This is day 100 and I've officially lost 25 pounds!! Counting calories and moving more for the win :-)

Hey great job! As a mom I feel for you as I know it is so hard to actually put yourself on the 'list'. You inspire me and I'm so glad you didn't get discouraged. I started around the same time as you, I'm not as successful as you have been but I also need to lose a lower amount of weight to be where I would like to be. I am hoping that by the end of the Summer I hit my 150 lb goal. You truly have inspired me today and I just wanted to let you know that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Wonderful, way to go!
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I thought that was banging foreheads, like how the feral cat who thinks I belong to him shows me affection...

That's actually bunting - sorry random cat fact.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Is that wheat grass? My cousin in Uganda swears by it.
    It really is amazing stuff. I always add it to my smoothies. There is wheat grass but it also has about 40 different types of dehydrated fruits and vegetables. Personally, there is something in it that I need. It gives me so much energy and I can tell the difference if I go a few days without it. The first week I had it, it made me almost feel high with energy but it eventually evened out. Love it!!!

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, here I am at the heaviest I've ever been. I haven't tried every diet out there, haven't yo-yo dieted, never taken a diet pill but, I have been REALLY LAZY about my health and fitness! What can I say, I'm a super wife, busy mom-of-three, I work full time, you know the drill. It's time for a change!

So, here's what I'm doing so far:

1. Eating only 'real foods', nothing processed.
    2. Tracking what I eat here on MFP (1200 calories or less)
    3. Cut out sugar
    4. Replacing 1 meal a day with a protein shake
    5. Drinking half my weight (or more) in water
    6. Taking 1 serving of Amazing Grass each day

I've only been giving this approach a go since last Sunday. I have no problem with the food and I've been feeling pretty good, until yesterday. I think I might have hit a wall or something but...I'm exhausted! Any recommendations on things I can incorporate into my routine to help me feel more energized? Also, any tweeks or changes I should do with my 'plan'? Thanks so much for reading!

Half my weight in water would be 120 lbs of water a day. I know you didn't mean it exactly
    that way, but I just had this image of trying to drink a huge aquariums worth of water a day
    o6me40b0gz9y.jpg
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So happy for you! :)