Besides calories what other things do you limit?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I limit calories, bad advice and exercises that bore me. ;)
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I cut out 100% of my alcohol consumption and 95% of my dairy. I am lactose intolerant and alcohol has been giving me acid reflux. I put skim milk in my coffee at times, and I enjoy some Halo Top!!!

Besides that, white carbs are out and I have cut DOWN on sugar consumption. I don't deprive myself, but I am more conscious about it. SINCE then, I have realized how much I love fresh fruit and dark chocolate (85%) with nuts.

After my 2.5 hour drive home later I will indulge on that ;)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    calories (because I have to) and alcohol (because I like doing stuff at weekends sans hangover).
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Alexson50 wrote: »
    I limit calories, bad advice and exercises that bore me. ;)

I hate excercises that are boring!
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    TheRambler wrote: »
    I cut out 100% of my alcohol consumption and 95% of my dairy. I am lactose intolerant and alcohol has been giving me acid reflux. I put skim milk in my coffee at times, and I enjoy some Halo Top!!!

Besides that, white carbs are out and I have cut DOWN on sugar consumption. I don't deprive myself, but I am more conscious about it. SINCE then, I have realized how much I love fresh fruit and dark chocolate (85%) with nuts.

After my 2.5 hour drive home later I will indulge on that ;)

I have always liked vegetables and fruits but it amazes me how much better they taste now that I have been watching what I eat. Things just taste so much better now. Don't know if it's just a placebo effect but it's good enough for me.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't limit anything. Today I had a slice of Papa Johns pizza and some Doritos! I mostly stay within calorie goals and my goals are being hit and they are aggressive.

I will say this though...,while the pizza/Doritos tasted so good because my body isn't used to that fat/salt content at once....I was still hungry...which made it feel absolutely pointless.

The only thing I do limit is drinks. I refuse to drink my calories! I love food!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking Dr. Pepper but I did that before starting my weight loss journey this time.

I'm finding I have to limit beer, wine and salty things like chips and crackers.

I'm not restricting them just limiting how often I have them.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just alcohol - but more because it makes me feel absolutely awful the few days after drinking it than because of the calories.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Aside from not eating stuff that I don't like? Nothing.

My calorie intake limit is the only one I have.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I limit sitting on the couch, but besides having a calorie range, that's it.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I limit negativity. I choose exercise I like to do, eat not too much, and have a sense of humor.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Besides calories what other things do you limit?

I limit sitting around and doing nothing.

But as far as food goes, I eat whatever I want to eat. :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Try to find healthy substitutes that satisfy your cravings. There are a gazillion lower calorie alternatives. For example, I'm crazy for peanut butter, so I stir PB2 into yogurt, for a salt fix, I eat peppers and spicy hummus. If you share what foods you crave, we can give you some very specific advice.