Realistically gained 9 pounds in 2 days?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options
    Can you describe giant plate to me?
    Because i used to binge eat.. and i mean i could pack away food but.. im having my doubts about the above menu

I guess I would describe it as giant because it was heaped up like a mound covering an entire standard buffet plate

I am glad you're willing to eat!

Not knowing what has been happening in your recent past and given the many health concerns associated with your current excessively low weight, the only responsible thing i can do is urge you to enlist professional support during your refeed especially if starting after a prolonged period of starvation.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Can you describe giant plate to me?
    Because i used to binge eat.. and i mean i could pack away food but.. im having my doubts about the above menu

I guess I would describe it as giant because it was heaped up like a mound covering an entire standard buffet plate

I am glad you're willing to eat!

Not knowing what has been happening in your recent past and given the many health concerns associated with your current excessively low weight, the only responsible thing i can do is urge you to enlist professional support during your refeed especially if starting after a prolonged period of starvation.

I'm not trying to gain weight, just maintain. I wouldn't think that my body would be in starvation mode if I'm maintaining my weight with my current intake?

Starvation mode doesn't exist. He's talking about the fact that you have or are starving yourself at your normal weight.

But my metabolism is so slow that I stay the same weight. I understand that 1,000 is low to be maintaining on but I would gain if I ate what MFP suggested I eat for maintenance.

And you should be gaining weight anyway.

Have you lost weight in the past? Rapid loss, especially to where you are now, could have messed with your metabolism.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    At 88 lbs your goal should be to gain.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options
    cwagar123 wrote: »
    Yes.... You would gain.
    I think that is what posters are suggesting.

Might gain. Most probably not enough. From watching underweight MFPeops struggle to recover, OP really does need a pro to help.
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    how much of that weight do you think is water and food in your system, in 2 days 9 pounds lol the only real way to see if its water weight or food still in your system or both or just fat, go get a hydrostatic body fat test eat for 2 days and then go get your body fat retested thats the only real way too know for sure if its fat or food or water you gained