Realistically gained 9 pounds in 2 days?

Options

Replies

• crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    rollerjog wrote: »
    how much of that weight do you think is water and food in your system, in 2 days 9 pounds lol the only real way to see if its water weight or food still in your system or both or just fat, go get a hydrostatic body fat test eat for 2 days and then go get your body fat retested thats the only real way too know for sure if its fat or food or water you gained

I know it's mostly water/poop/actual food bulk but it's concerning to me that one cheat weekend would equal 9 pounds! That's crazy since I've stayed the same weight for months.

It's because your weight is so low that you've essentially destroyed your metabolism. Your body is holding on to every calorie you feed it for dear life (literally). There is a reason why anorexics needs to reintroduce food slowly. Do it to fast (like a weekend binge) and your system goes haywire.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hi.

Please see a doctor today to make sure nothing exciting like refeeding syndrome or heart failure is going on.

This is enough of a concern to warrant emergency review. You need to be medically assessed today.

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    For comparison, that would be a normal BMI for an 8 - 10 year old. It's definitely abnormal. Likely unhealthy. In my experience when an MD says anything similar to, "you might want to" or "well except for" it's a euphemism for "you're not doing yourself any favors, but since I can't force you nor is it anything I can treat, I leave you to your own choices."
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm not anorexic but I see how my body could be holding on to every calorie if it was feeling like it needed more. Yeah I feel pretty terrible. I'm so bloated that my skin hurts and my joints ache. I have a massive food baby so I'm sure internally my body hates me right now
    If if you're not technically anorexic, your body weight is considered "severely underweight" on the BMI index. The numbers don't lie. I would really like to see you talk to a doctor or other health professional about this.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Hi.
    Please see a doctor today to make sure nothing exciting like refeeding syndrome or heart failure is going on.
    This is enough of a concern to warrant emergency review. You need to be medically assessed today.
    Ok so I looked up refeeding syndrome and now I'm worried I've done damage. That's freaking scary :worried:
    Hopefully worried enough to go see your doctor and ask for a referral and some help...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    Well, 9 pounds of body fat would equate to 31,500 calories above maintenance. I seriously doubt that you ate anywhere near that much. Actually, I would be highly impressed if someone your size even got close to that amount.

It is a combination of water weight and excess waste. I would be surprised if you really put on more than a pound or two unless it was a truly epic binge.

Well for example yesterday I had-
    Breakfast- 2 bowls oatmeal with raisins and granola mixed in, 1 bowl mixed fruit, 5 egg omelet with peppers
    Snack- Clif bar
    Lunch- Buffet with 2 salad bar plates, 2 rolls with butter, side of cole slaw, side of pasta salad, 1 bowl mixed fruit
    Snack- 1 Quest bar, bowl of pretzel sticks
    Dinner- Buffet with 2 giant plates of spaghetti with cheese sauce, 1 plate of linguini with marinara meat sauce, 2 breadsticks, 6 cookies, 1 brownie
    Snack- Apple with peanut butter packet and bowl of pretzel sticks

I'm so bloated my joints hurt and I can't bend over. I can't believe I ate so much :worried:

Belarosa,

You say you are not trying to lose weight, but you are very underweight and obsessed that the scale shows weight gain. Yet, what you describe you ate above seems like an awful lot of food too. However, if you are only 90 some odd pounds at 5 ft 3, you surely under-eat most of the time.

Please, please go to your doctor and ask for a referral to someone who specializes in eating disorders. Your obsession with weight gain when you are underweight is a sure sign that you are on the path to an eating disorder, if you don't already have one.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    At 1000Cal a day and your current weight your body is not in starvation mode, it is just plain and simple starving.

Exactly.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Hi.

Ok so I looked up refeeding syndrome and now I'm worried I've done damage. That's freaking scary :worried:

I would be scared too. Time to go see your doctor, please. :)