Why are people so judgey here?

Every time I make a topic, there's always a few people who are very on topic and pleasant, and then the other half of the people go completely off topic judging my diet and the things I say in my topics. What gives? Everyone here thinks they are nutritionists apparently, and that I hired them!
Haha, no, but some of you are alright :) But there seems to be more people here like that than most places. Anyone else notice it?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Without looking at your previous posts, it is probably because you posted something ridiculous or nonsensical and they were making fun of it to prevent others from taking it seriously.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Your profile says you dont count calories. Why would you join a calorie counting site? Just curious.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Because I'm difficult, that's why.

Hmph!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    They're just jealous of that chair in your profile picture. Haters gonna hate!
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Because people are judgey everywhere it's human nature
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    "Judgey" isn't a word.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Actually, the entire internet is like that. Welcome aboard!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    You are posting on an open forum, you are asking people to comment. That is what they are doing. A lot like life you generally receive what you ask for.

I didn't look back at your previous posts but I am assuming you posted asking for opinions and then didn't like the ones you got. That really is just the way the cookie crumbles - if you do not want others opinions just ask your friends list, its what I do and i never have any issues.
  • no thanks jeff, do you even lift?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Your profile says you dont count calories. Why would you join a calorie counting site? Just curious.

This! And also posting comments on sugar being evil and Kate Moss being 'thinspirational'. Not judging, just saying.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Because we're hungry....duh.... :wink:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Here is the flip side. Why are people so damn sensitive to what meaningless strangers have to say that it disrupts their lives so much that they have to start countless threads on it and constantly report people?

This is not to you directly op :flowerforyou: :drinker: god bless you're awesome!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Welcome to real life.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,881 Member
    People that disagree with your stance aren't judgy. They are just disagreeing and you may perceive them as judgy. Common thing in life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    cause you're doing it wrong.
  • It's like highschool. We are all teenage girls battling our own problems and take it out on others.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    prepare for incoming butthurt.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    My mug says it all.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    people eat cupcakes and **** rainbows here, if this place offends ANYBODY then they need to spend some time in even a "nice" forum before ever complaining about anything here.

If sarcasm is the worst thing you have to deal with, then this place is far too over moderated anway.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    HEADS UP: Some of us are sarcastic, and we don't need anyone trying to convince us otherwise. We made our choice :)