My story: 113 lost

Options
EyeOTS
EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
okay, here it goes...

My story:

I was 29 years old and I was almost 300 pounds (295). I had sleep apnea, chest pains, blurred vision, hypertension, shortness in breath, (pre?)-diabetes, what may have been early signs of a heart attack! I was in major denial of my health, I would keep telling myself I just took bad pictures and that I was still in okay shape. I hadn’t weighed myself in years and I would even sometimes avoid looking in mirrors. I even talked myself into believing some of my health problems were due to old age (remember, only 29, lol) or lack of sleep, not weight related. Denial is crazy, yo.

What changed? A random family ‘Biggest Loser’ challenge for 20 bucks made me weigh myself. That challenge made me realize just how far I’d gone from what I wanted to be. Also, several family/friends had lost 30+ pounds, so that was a big encouragement to me.

I lost the weight by simply tracking calories and eating more fruits and vegetables (200 calories of carrots/celery will fill me up much more than 200 calories of bread). I wish I could tell you more of a trick, but really, that's it. I did *try* several other diet plans for a week (juicing, Special K, Slim Fast). They didn’t have any staying power.

Before:
40dd1082-823b-4c17-b426-84e02f97a672_zpsf5f67f57.jpg?t=1374566444

After:

1005446_10151799939452386_1240019847_n.jpg

In 293 days, I went from wearing 42 and 44 waist pants to 32s and 34s. My BP is down to 89/68. I got rid of my CPAP machine. My weight is now 182. I no longer have headaches or chest pains. Basically all my medical problems went away. I *feel* my (pre)diabetes is under control, but still need to get the test. *fingers crossed*

I hope to lose the last ten(ish) pounds and keep them off through accountability instead of denial. I’m hoping posting my embarrassing story will help me never go back and to see how far I've come!

Replies

• Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!!! Congrats!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You did an amazing job, more important than the # on the scale going down, the loss of those health issues is what you should be most happy about!
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    amazing! well done you!!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations bud!
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! Keep up the hard work! :D
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great - well done!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Another 'before'
    e7f72d9b-a5fa-4c67-bb3d-b6d93f4846ba_zpsaf7850cd.jpg?t=1374571823

Thanks all!
    And yeah, getting rid of the health issues was my greatest joy. (Though they were all pretty tied to weight).
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep on the path of good health, don't get discouraged with minor setbacks and be proud of all your accomplished.
  • allylbrown
    allylbrown Posts: 71
    Options
    That's the way to get it done and take control of your health...No one else can do it for you. Congrat's
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    excellent - thank you so much for sharing!
  • Rhonles
    Rhonles Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing transformation. Make sure you continue the good habits you've developed.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    congrats buddy. awesome work :)
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fantastic! :drinker:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great job, fantastic! And keep it off!
  • TheVeganFrenchie
    Options
    You look amazing ! ♡ Congratulations!!
  • M8R5on8ym
    M8R5on8ym Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my CPAP machine.

AWESOME job all round but this particularly is a great motivator for me.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    So happy I clicked on this!!!! Very misha collins twitter picture ish! Bahahah! You look amazing!
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Man, that is awesome! Inspired!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Great job - awesome change :-)
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats to you, you look fantastic!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!