Whst am I doing wrong

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    catmomfat wrote: »
    I guess I am doomed to be ugly and fat

This! is what you are doing wrong. Stay off the scale of you can't handle completely normal weight fluctuations. Eat a varied diet with lots of nutritious foods that you like (and some treats too). Keep exercising reasonably. Realize you are in this body for life so you might as well treat it with respected rather than call yourself fat and ugly.
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    From your previous posts, you only have 15-20 lbs to lose, so your obsessive concern with the scale, and calling yourself "fat and ugly" is concerning. Please seek professional help.

Have you ever been hit on by a chubby chaser. Nothing reaffirms the fact you are fat and ugly like that.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    fat =/= ugly
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @catmomfat to give a precise answer to your question, "What am I doing wrong", you are holding too high expectations for rapid positive feedback on your efforts. You have to be patient and wait for your body to sort through the mess of dealing with all the weight-losey things you're doing to it. Weight loss happens over time, on scales of weeks

Then explain to me how my sister has lost twelve pounds in 4 weeks doing Palo and is already down to 123 from 135 in those 4 weeks.
  • cfritchley26
    cfritchley26 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to stop weighing yourself every couple of days...I have been guilty of this and I have even been doing this the last couple of weeks, but it doesn't help any. From morning to night I can fluctuate a couple of lbs based on what I've had to eat or drink. Honestly 3 ounces is nothing to be concerned about...stressing over something so minuscule can cause you to start obsessing over weight and size and that doesn't lead to a healthy lifestyle or image of yourself.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    @catmomfat to give a precise answer to your question, "What am I doing wrong", you are holding too high expectations for rapid positive feedback on your efforts. You have to be patient and wait for your body to sort through the mess of dealing with all the weight-losey things you're doing to it. Weight loss happens over time, on scales of weeks

Then explain to me how my sister has lost twelve pounds in 4 weeks doing Palo and is already down to 123 from 135 in those 4 weeks.

You are not your sister. Your journeys are not comparable.

She may have made drastic cuts to her calories, her bmr might be higher than yours, she might be training more intensely, she might have cut carbs to low levels and subsequently lost a lot of water weight. She may have negatively impactes her health losing weight quickly. She might go back to "normal" eating next week and put it all back on plus some....

But really, why does it matter. Worry about yourself!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds after my leg workout on Saturday :D
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I've GAINED three ounces since Monday. *kitten*. I guess I need to eat less and move more. I don't know how. Damn. I mean working out at least an hour 6 days a week and 1250 a day isn't enough? Plus I'm so sore from weighted kickboxing at title boxing Monday my legs are screaming

Seriously?

I can gain 4lb in a day from DOMS, TOM, high sodium meal.

You need to educate yourself on how your body works.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    How did you determine your calories intake? It is possible you might be eating too little

When we eat too much or too little, body can gain weight too.

No, you can't gain by eating too little. You can gain when you think you're eating 1250 but aren't weighing your food and are actually eating more than 1250, or you're overestimating how much you burn with exercise. Both of which are very common.

Either way, 3 ounces is nothing and could be the difference between a glass of water you drank or didn't drink earlier in the day.

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't like letting air out of a balloon we're complicated bags of water, tissue and partially digested matter (when you drink water it doesn't just go from your throat to your bladder, it has a use, your body retains what it needs for blood, muscle repair and organ function, if you've done extra exercise you'll retain more for muscle repair for example), and fluctuations are completely normal and unavoidable. If you can't cope with seeing those fluctuations (and 3 ounces is a quarter of a cup of water, 85ml) and its affecting your mental health I highly suggest not weighing everyday and possibly seeking counselling.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Doomed to be fat and ugly over .3 gain?? You have far more problems than a .3 gain to worry about. I seriously hope that this thread was meant as a joke and that you seriously do not think like that on a daily basis?? Weight loss is not linear, it takes time and patience. Comparing yourself to someone else is just foolish, there are so many factors that go into weight loss and no two people are alike. A .3 gain could be simply that you stood on the scale a centimeter different this time than last? You could gain 2lbs just by drinking a glass of water or eating something higher in sodium, it's not the end of the world... Your drastic emotional response to .3 gain is disturbing to say the least. I would first work on your self esteem issue before trying to lose weight because one should never depend on the other.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Three ounces is nothing. It's time to step back and look at your expectations. NOBODY loses weight every single day, not even your sister. The body doesn't work like that. If something like this defeats you, then maybe you should weigh yourself less often.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    to give a precise answer to your question, "What am I doing wrong", you are holding too high expectations for rapid positive feedback on your efforts. You have to be patient and wait for your body to sort through the mess of dealing with all the weight-losey things you're doing to it. Weight loss happens over time, on scales of weeks

My sister lost eight pounds in a day once: she gave birth.

Context is everything.

• Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    How did you determine your calories intake? It is possible you might be eating too little

Starvation mode doesn't exist, you're unable to gain weight by; not consuming!

Well thank you. However, I'm talking about my own experience and others people I came across. It does exist. If your not eating enough, the body will take it from other places you need the nutrition, which makes the body feel hungry. Even if your not feeling hungry.

I been at this for two years.

I just want to know how she determine her calories at 1250?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I can't add much that hasn't already been said except that when you start a new exercise program expect to gain water weight for the first week or two, it'll go away on its own unless you're eating tons of sodium. Drink more water, eat less sodium (stay within the normal daily recommended amounts or slightly above it if you are drinking lots of water), and the weight will start dropping, it probably already has but you just can't tell yet. Expect weight swings from water weight of +/- 5 lbs at any time. This is why most of us log only losses, not gains in our MFP diary. Also, if you are logging everything but not weighing your food with a scale you probably are eating more than 1250 calories a day.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Starvation mode doesn't exist, you're unable to gain weight by; not consuming!

Well thank you. However, I'm talking about my own experience and others people I came across. It does exist. If your not eating enough, the body will take it from other places you need the nutrition, which makes the body feel hungry. Even if your not feeling hungry.

I been at this for two years.

I just want to know how she determine her calories at 1250?

That doesn't mean, weight'll be; gained! If I remove a cup of soy milk from the carton & use it, the carton of milk'll weigh a cup less not; a cup more!

While starving causes hunger, the body'll be unable to gain weight unless; it's fed! Since the body'll use other resources until, it's fed metabolism'll lower to; not need as much but it won't gain weight by, using those; resources! It'll still, lose weight because you're subtracting calories not, adding them!