When you live with people who never gain weight and eat all the stuff you cannot touch.

Options
1235»

Replies

• Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    rouhnaz wrote: »
    @Ck103084 I'm sorry to hear it's hard. They say cleaning out the kitchen makes a big difference and I realize that's near impossible to do when you share it with other people.

I wish the weight would just magically melt away! I ain't ashamed to say that either! Lol.

I know the struggle! The struggle is real! Lol.

But it can be defeated. You can do it!!

They brought home pizza. I planned to have one slice but with all the stress going on this month I caved and had more. I even yelled at myself as I was eating it. :( Believe it or not I lost 21 lbs last year. Gained almost all of it back. I'm an emotional eater and I haven't found a way to beat it. Back on the eating healthy train today. :|
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    My bf cuts on my get fat af calories, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
  • StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tania_181 wrote: »
    I can relate here. My partner needs double the amount of calories just to maintain his weight. I'm in charge of cooking dinner during the week so I can track what goes into my meals. I always load up his plate with much larger portions, particularly of carbs. He's also been kindly trying to snack on foods I don't like but he does, like cream cakes instead of chocolate biscuits.

This is my DH and I as well. He gets double/triple portions of everything and I fill the remainder of my plate with salad or green veggies. That way we finish at around the same time.

And finding snack foods that I don't like has been so important. I am completely indifferent to both gummy bears and popcorn and DH loves them so that is what we keep in the house. I cannot stop eating granola bars so he keeps those at his office.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OP - I have a similar situation! My partner is a lean guy, comes from a family of small/thin people whereas my whole family is short and stocky and in many cases obese. Genes do have a lot to do with it - meaning more effort if you're inclined to hold on to fat, but of course not impossible to lose weight if you are dedicated to the cause. Anyway, he is a mechanic and in addition to being naturally lean, he is moving around all day. He eats a huge dinner and usually one and sometimes two desserts! When I used to have bites of his ice cream or whatever he was eating after dinner, I put on weight. I have a desk job plus my different genetic disposition, so it was a double whammy for me. I just gave up eating the desserts with him at all because it wasn't worth it. He's a sweetheart and knows I struggle, so he'll make me a nice cup of herbal tea while he's getting his Klondike bar LOL. It is what it is. And once in a while when I plan for it, i'll have an ice cream too. He just does it every day haha. I do recognize he works his butt off and that makes a difference, but he's just never been fat even when he had a desk job. It happens! I feel you! Drink tea, chew gum, or if i'm really hungry i'll have a bit of the ice cream...or a whole grain fig newton.
  • AUGirl79
    AUGirl79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband has no fat on him anywhere. He eats what he wants when he wants as much as he wants. We went to Logan's Roadhouse for dinner last night and he ate two whole entrees. Our son is seven and he has his dad's metabolism. Eats constantly never gains a pound. There is always unhealthy food in our house. Nights are the worst for me. The candy and sweets seem to be calling my name.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Nights are the worst for so many of us. Here's what I do at night now that helps:
    1) Peppermint tea - it's an appetite suppressant and the mint makes other food not taste or sound as good
    2) Huge glass of water - sometimes I was simply thirsty at night because I stop carrying my water bottle around after dinner
    3) 100 cal protein shake - takes the edge off if my tummy is really growling and I can't go to bed like that.
    4) Go to bed! Can't eat if you're sleeping haha.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    My bf cuts on my get fat af calories, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Yeah, I was going to say that women really can't compare their calorie requirements to men...we generally need quite a bit more, so it seems like we're eating anything and everything...3,000 calories for a guy to maintain isn't really outlandish.