Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    Think I have my (charity) place sorted for London Marathon 2018 :smiley::smiley:
    Still might try for a full this Autumn - not yet decided!

Go for it!
    Oh, the London2Brighton Challenge is officially on my bucket list......now to do some LONG term planning with my wife to fit that into our crazy lives!
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    Think I have my (charity) place sorted for London Marathon 2018 :smiley::smiley:
    Still might try for a full this Autumn - not yet decided!

Go for it!
    Oh, the London2Brighton Challenge is officially on my bucket list......now to do some LONG term planning with my wife to fit that into our crazy lives!

L2B sounds like an awesome challenge. Think I'll get through a marathon or two first then I'll work out if that's enough or whether I still have appetite to go longer. Did L2B on a bike before - the Downs just before the end can be a real killer. At least on the bike once you get up there you have a wonderful descent to the finish but when running coming back down could be just as hard!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    Going to regret this, but aiming high ... in for 200 miles for April

exercise.png

So, I have just been reminded that April has a day less, with my first HM on the 1st of May, that I need to taper the last week etc, which looks most definitely like attempts to either update (downgrade) my goal or challenge my challenge ... my response: bull and red cloth ... steam coming from my nose .... Geronimo :p .... I am missing a couple of brain cells though, but that sometimes helps
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Low goal this month since I have the Kentucky Derby Marathon April 29th. So this will be a taper month. I may go a little over, but I didn't want any pressure on myself to make goal at the risk of messing up my taper. Hoping for a BQ!

Never let an arbitrary monthly goal mess up your marathon training!

I'm not sure I'll run any marathons after Boston 2017. It depends on whether I've learned enough to run a marathon and not hurt myself. But if you do BQ at the Kentucky Derby Marathon, I'd be almost obligated to run Boston 2018 to meet you in person.

That would be awesome!!!

Still doing outpatient treatment for a few more weeks in April and working through some pretty debilitating anxiety, so my goal for April will just be to run as much as I can, mileage be dammed.

Also, April marks one year of running for me. I started C25k in April of 2016, don't remember the exact date. So like, wow. A whole year.

Happy Runniversary @RespectTheKitty
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @iofred - You don't have to taper the week before that HM if you don't race it and instead treat it as a standard long run. :wink:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @iofred - You don't have to taper the week before that HM if you don't race it and instead treat it as a standard long run. :wink:

OTOH, some of us have trouble treating a race as a standard long run. Best intentions, then there's that race environment.
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just getting back into running after a lazy winter. My goal is to do 5k every second day so 5x15=75k (about 50 mi).
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Exactly, I am Captain Slow anyway, so I see it as an event rather than a race, we'll see how the month goes ... good thing is that my HM is in the home of the Red Bull, so bet there are some red cloth available ... and this is not called a Challenge for nothing ....
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options

OTOH, some of us have trouble treating a race as a standard long run. Best intentions, then there's that race environment.
    So very true. I guess I'm trying hard to avoid telling people they should not push too hard by offering up some sort of alternative if I think they might be making a high risk choice. I've actually cancelled a couple replies recently.

Not that I should be one to judge. I'm a repeat offender in that department.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Cycling season winding up, marathon training season (for me) winding down. I'm not sure what my goal should be, and I won't get to do anything Easter weekend.
    I'm going to try:

Running goal: 90
    Cycling goal: 220
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Very true. The only way I can guarantee that I will not "race" a race is to agree to run it with somebody that I know is slower. I have done this plenty of times, it's just when I am left to my own discretion that I just can't hold back.