Options
    Just marking my place.
    Hugs to everyone
    Paula Y.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Still around. Currently watching two grandchildren while their mama (my youngest daughter) is at the hospital in labor with their third. This will be grandbaby #13. #12 was born 5 weeks ago so I've been around this block just recently.

Marcelyn
    drumming her fingers in Houston waiting on a baby
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
  • dreamwriter
    Options
    My youngest brother, Frank, sister Beverley and Me. I think my older brother, Mel, might have taken the photo
  • dreamwriter
    Options
    Looks like I lost my post when I tried to edit it.

Sarah - I grew up on the farm in Grassy Lake, Alberta.

I am too tired to retype my post.

tomorrow
    -Sharon in Lethbridge.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Love the sibling photos!

Lanette: We were in Montana when the pic with the snowman was taken.

A little family history, skip if you're bored: My father was contracted to sandblast and repaint the missile sites all over North Dakota and Montana from 1956 to 1965. I was born in North Dakota in April 1960, though we only lived in Minot for a month after I was born. My little sister was born in Billings, Montana, in August 1962 for that reason. During the winters, the family lived in Texas, and then back up for spring, summer and fall, to the northern tier.The dark-haired brother in that pic, the smaller of the two brothers, was born in Texas in 1958, as he was a February baby. The pic would have been taken just before we left Montana for good, because as soon as the snow started flying, we'd be headed south. We settled in rural East Texas, near Nacogdoches (both my parents were from the area) in 1966, and I went through school there from first to 12th. I've never lived anywhere else for longer than eight years, before or since.

Today's press day of my next-to-last paper... though I did say I'd go in tomorrow and give an assist with the special section we're putting together. My replacement came in for training yesterday and just jumped in and did really well. I was worried last week--but her calm and placid attitude covers someone who is super bright, very focused, and extremely capable. Such a pleasure to train someone who gets it!

Corey's off to physical therapy in town today, one of the few times he's gone without me. Will try not to worry--his wrist is getting better by leaps and bounds. They're saying there will be some permanent restriction, but making no prediction yet in terms of percentage of recovery. Should no more in a month when they X-ray him again.

Wind's howling, my second cup of coffee is ready, and I'm taking it with me to work. Love y'all!

Lisa in West Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~ been up since 3:30 am and will be working 8-6 today.. have to get a grocery list together for tomorrow am..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Second day in a row that I lost my post! Happy Wednesday! xoxoxo KJ
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Lanette yes they smelled wonderful they had Easter Lilies, Hyacinth, gardenias. Wonderful...
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Did 50 min Peak 10 DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Micah Hudson's Quick Fix DVD

Welcome Edyslater. You've come to a great group for support.

Have a Newcomer general meeting this morning.

Gotta run

Michele in NC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who shared your sibling photos!

Margaret ~ Beautiful flowers.

Karen ~ Baby Shoes and Grandson are so cute!

Got my first injection in my knee yesterday. After the cortisone shot in February I was pain free for 6 wks. Then we had the bad storm day last week and my knee went back to pain, pain, pain. Hoping the injections help.

Carol in GA