Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Oh my, Cheri- Do you look like your mama!!?? Do people tell you that a lot?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    Options
    KJ - We used to call that a 'boot job'. :laugh: Remember a few of those! Lovely pic!

Heather UK xxxxxxx

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ Joaquin is such a handsome happy looking little boy. No, we don't get tired of the pictures.

Cheri ~ You and your daughter do look like twins.

Everyone ~ Loved seeing all your sibling pictures. Unfortunately, I don't think we had any of us 5 growing up. Guess my parents were too busy doing their thing to take them. :'(

Got the lawn mowed and fertilized today. No, I didn't do it. Hope the fescue will do well after all the drought days of last summer.

Carol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thank you so much all of you for your sibling photos. Wonderful to put everyone in context. The latest - Joyce, Kate UK, Cheri and others. A real privilege. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    feeeline: "I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on this. With our aging bodies... there are times we're working on our health using the tools at our disposal and it's a double edge sword."

Our aging bodies are certainly a focus of our lives, but working on better health is important. As to double-edged sword- I've learned a lot since I started here. The good news is that I have a lot more control over my health & my weight than I had in the past. Time is one thing I consider a frienemy-- I'm aging on the clock/calendar, but since I'm living smarter I'm also getting healthier and more youthful. :smiley:

Mary & Cheri: You & your sibs are handsome groups. I envy people with siblings. :flowerforyou:

Cheri: Your daughter has an amazing resemblance to you. The twin shirts help that perception. :heart:

Tomorrow DH has an eye appointment and we are hoping he will get a prescription for new glasses. He'd like to have had them last week, but there will be something of a wait. I'm not sure how long.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Today... has been a DAY. Helping a friend. A bit more than I expected.

Don't know how bad I've wrecked my diet. Big Mexican food lunch. It would've been okay - I had grilled fish and bacon wrapped jalapeño/shrimp. With a cheese enchilada and rice and nice crisp veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots, mushrooms. But... chips and salsa. I enjoyed it though.

Left home at 9:30am. It's 5pm and I'm still 80 miles from home - and I'll be hitting Houston's rush hour traffic.
    If I eat anything else tonight... it'll be salad. I am TIRED. And thirsty...

--Ginger in Texas
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Welcome to all the newcomers! I was on prednisone for about 4 years but have been off for almost a year now except for two small bursts. I found that it caused carb cravings and for me sleeplessness and stomach problems. I was on PPI and ambien for the side effects. I am very glad to be off of it for now but pulmonologist says this is a remission and when the sarcoidosis returns he will put me on methotrexate. Not looking forward to that. In the meantime doing all I can to enjoy life and very slowly losing some weight.

Enjoying all the sibling pictures. Keep them coming.

Everyone take care, Sue in rainy WA
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    wessecg – Probably the same way my Daddy survived 4 females in the house; 'he only used the seat in the ‘down’ position ½ of the time; we just had to get used to it'. Until the moved their bedroom downstairs after a major remodeling. One night when my sister and her family were up visiting; she emptied a dirty diaper in the toilet and left it to soak. I went in to use the bathroom (which by that time I was the only one using it) and sat down, then flushed it, and realized something was going down that should not have done so. The next morning we woke up to my Daddy ‘cursing like a sailor’. We went down and the ceiling with florescent lights covered by 9 panels of decorated Plexiglas was ruined. He asked me what happened and I told him that there was a diaper in it when I flushed it and I did not notice it until it was ‘too late’. My oldest sister got ‘crawled’ for ruining the ceiling and told her to ‘never’ leave another damn diaper in the toilet. WHOOPS!!!

Heather – I’m sure you’ve heard the story of the woman whose cake had fallen that she was taking to the church bazaar; so she puts Kleenex in the center and puts the top back on the cake, puts icing on it and tells her husband to go buy it before anybody else did. The next day she goes to the preacher’s wife’s house for ‘tea’ and there was her cake. She knocked it off the table so that the preacher’s wife would not cut into it.

LanetteTrue story: My Daddy was an attorney so getting calls at all hours was not unusual. We had just sat down for lunch, after getting home from church; the phone behind me rang as I was about the start the ‘blessing’. I turned and grabbed the phone and picked it up and said, “God is Good”... Realizing what I had done, I slammed the phone back down on the receiver. Mother and Daddy were about to be RITFL – tears coming out of their eyes they were laughing so hard. Mother said, "Well that should sober up the person in the ‘drunk tank’. And that was his ‘one call’." The phone rang again, and Daddy picked it up laughing so hard he could barely talk. It was the Sheriff asking him, if we had gotten a call a few minutes earlier. Daddy told him what had happened. I got teased about that ‘every’ Sunday before I said the ‘blessing’. I would not say it for a while.

Cheri – I share a birthday with 1st cousin, she is 3 years younger; DOS shares a birthday with 2 of his uncles on both sides of the family. One was his 50th birthday; the other somewhat older. We gave “Cracker” DOS’s birthdate because when we got her in October, both vets she was taken to said she was about 4 months old.

Another true (funny story). My step-daughter was visiting with us shortly after DOS was born. She was doing a good job helping me. She was 11-years-old; and, he was crying so she came in and got him out of the bassinet at the end of our bed and turned around and put him on the changing table. She undid the diaper and I told her; ‘don’t remove his diaper until you are about ready … [he pees in her face] … to put the clean diaper on him. She wiped him with a cloth; and leaned over to get another diaper from under the bed of it; and, looked at him and said, ‘Oh, $#*T – and he squirted projectile diarrhea from where he was about 3’ and hit the inside of the door. I was still lying in bed and laughing so hard at the look on her face. She had tried so hard to be a help; and, I told her it could have just as easily happened to me. She did not know that little boys could pee that distance.

Lenora