WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Re photos - I didn't bother scanning I took pics of the pics on my ipad (think Heather did that too)

Kate UK
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Scrabble Day!

Work has really been stressing me out the past couple of days, and on top of that we're getting ready for a family campout this weekend with my brother and sister and their families. So I've got a lot to do, but once we get out the door it should be fun. Hope it doesn't rain on us.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ Good walk! How old is Taliah?

Beth ~ Thanks for the info on the shot. They called DH back later and arranged that for him. The only bummer is no caffeine for 24 hrs before.

We went and picked up hubby's computer that had to have a new hard drive. $400 down the tube but at least he can write it off as a business expense.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »

Beth ~ Thanks for the info on the shot. They called DH back later and arranged that for him. The only bummer is no caffeine for 24 hrs before.

We went and picked up hubby's computer that had to have a new hard drive. $400 down the tube but at least he can write it off as a business expense.

Carol in GA

Jack had the chemical stress test last month. He thot he was not going to survive having to go that long without coffee.

I'm happy to report he did. :)

Janetr okc
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Carol in GA

Jack had the chemical stress test last month. He thot he was not going to survive having to go that long without coffee.

I'm happy to report he did. :)

Janetr okc

My DH wasn't told about the no caffeine! So he went and waited and was then told to go home! He was able to survive without coffee too until he had the test! :)

Beth

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options

Carol in GA

My husband has had the stress test like that and the no caffeine made him cranky. To make it worse, the test was in Seattle so we had to get up about 4 AM, drive, take the ferry, take a cab, and wait for the doctor. The test gave the doctor very valuable information.

<3 Barbie

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

Carol in GA

My husband has had the stress test like that and the no caffeine made him cranky. To make it worse, the test was in Seattle so we had to get up about 4 AM, drive, take the ferry, take a cab, and wait for the doctor. The test gave the doctor very valuable information.

<3 Barbie

It also made Jack VERY cranky and gave him a horrible eadache. He drinks coffee non stop all day. They brought him a cup of coffee as soon as they finished the test. :)

Janetr okc
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Carol ~Taliah is 9.. we dont get to spent alot of time together because she is at schol and I am working, but I have thursdays off and in the summer I will get her on thursdays.. and we will be going to my friends dads house on Saterday for easter egg coloring and egg hunt
    .. I am hoping I can sleep in a little tomorrow..
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

CarolGA, I love the picture of you with your siblings.

Katla, wishing you luck with the house project. I know it can be trying.

I love all the sibling pictures. I’ll admit with only one brother, I envy those of you with four or more. What fun.

Kelly, we will never tire of pics of Joaquin. What a doll.

Kate, I love the most recent sibling pic. Wonderful.

Joyce, you look fantastic! Thanks for sharing the sibling pics.

Katla, on your aging bodies question: I ran into a lady that I met at the Moose lodge today at the nail spa. We were chatting and I told her, “My mother was a great mom but she didn’t warn me about the maintenance on our body after age 60”. LOL But I am loving life and feel it is only getting better.

Rori, what a wonderful picture of you!!! Was your hair really short or does the pic just look that way?

MicheleNC, my DD lives in SE Oregon but will be moving here soon. Please everyone pray that she and her dad can get along. She and I are great but they just are like oil and water.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Today I sorted more kids clothes to take to the resale shop. I have part of one tote left to go through. I went to get nails done and just looked at the calendar to see that this may last until after the cruise. It’s just 11 days from now and the polish usually lasts about 2 ½ weeks before it grows out too much. I am so busy from now until then but really looking forward to it. I have one page to go but need to go fix dinner, so I'll post what I have.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    pyanko7 – Yep, there are men out there that think a ‘woman’s place’ is ‘in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant’. There are also women out there that ‘don’t feel complete without a man’. Often wonder why these two types never seem to be married to one another. Women are not ‘property’ in a marriage … it is an equal partnership; each ‘hopefully’ bringing in their good qualities and decision making and throwing out all they have learned doesn’t ‘work for them’. I know that Louis and I, while we grew up in different type of homes, our parents had the same sort of ‘outlook’ on life; we took what the taught us (good and bad) and tried to instill most of the ‘good’ in our two sons. We still ‘face-planted’ on certain things and we are ‘still learning other things’. I think all of us have our breaking point. We just try not to carry anything that far. We do not go to ‘bed mad’; we’ll talk about how our ‘actions’ during an argument was the right way to hand the argument; but, I can’t think of but one time that we went to bed ‘mad at one another’ and slept through the night without waking the other one up and saying this. Never want to go to bed mad and find that it is too late to apologize (for our actions).

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm working-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.42min. 15amph, 141mhr, 2.9mi = 123c
    apple watch- 105c
    LATERAL MACHINE 37min, lvl7-10, lat7-10, 4524strides, 74floors, 125ahr, 140mhr, 4.11miles = 317c
    apple watch- 311c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.45min, 138mhr, 12.6amph, = 76c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.13min, 9.55min mi, 154mhr, .5mi = 62c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.43min, 9.14min mi, 160mhr, ..5mi = 77c
    Apple Watch- 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.59min, 159mhr, 8.4amph, WINDY and hard rain, 2.6mi = 229c
    apple watch- 159c

total cal 884
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Joyce:
    Pip: I admire your dedication to fitness and your Apple Watch statistics. I love the photo of you with your sisters and mom. :flowerforyou

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

awwww thanks..