GobletSquats- 3X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 20X7X35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs 30 Day Challenge
    55 Squats
    Rest day push-ups
    50 leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    I am going to take at least 2-2 mile walks today.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :)

Drinking Kava tea to calm me down. Pom has been throwing up and messing for the last 24 hrs. Clean up and listening to hubby fuss. Then, I had to learn how to use a My Passport devise to save all my pictures and files. I think it worked.

Love all the pictures!

Carol in GA
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Wessecg ~ Love the furniture. I want that sofa! :) Yes, I think you should change the background color.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to paint, you could always put some artwork with a lot of white with designs with complementary colors.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    NancyCaz61: Congratulations on the great cholesterol numbers!
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    <3
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    wessiecg The walls are a little dark; are you in love with the rug? You could pull a color from the rug to match. I can't see the rug very well, but a contrasting color would be nice.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I see you have been posting some great pictures. Thank you! It's always nice to get a visual image too.

We had a very disheartening meeting with the attorney yesterday. I am hanging in there but it's one minute at a time; that's all I can manage at this point.

Take care! Meg from Omaha where it is raining
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Meg- (((hugs))) and prayers for you and your family. I hope that everything will turn out for the best for all concerned. Hang in there we are here for you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    wessecg wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. The sibling pictures are great. It's interesting how much larger families were back then. No wonder spankings were popular :wink: Yesterday I got new furniture and I am told I now need to paint my walls since the colors are so close. What do you think??
    2lvo8xupm41s.jpg

If you do paint it might work to pick up a color from the rug. Are your floors grey? I would find a paint chip that makes your floor, rug, and couches and then find a color that pulls them together. The furniture is gorgeous! I looked it up on line out of curiousity. They suggested a pale blue or if you like dark colors navy.

(((Meg)))
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Margaret – We have carpenter bees that show up this time of the year (for about 2- 2 ½ months). The difference between carpenter bees and bubble bees is the carpenter bees have a black underbelly and no hair on its body; while a bubble bee has yellow markings on its belly and a hairy body. We have to get the house sprayed for the carpenter bees because they make their nest for laying eggs in the holes they bore into the cypress wood our house is with from. Bubble bees bury their eggs in the ground, usually a hole left by some rodent while looking for grubs and such. Carpenter bees tend to be a little more aggressive if disturbed and bubble bees only if their nest is disturbed. The carpenter bees are a bit of a P.I.T.A.; but, we used to have a ‘zapper’ shaped like a tennis racket and would sit on the deck in the afternoons and bat them out of the air. Sometimes Louis will get his caulk gun out and fill in the holes with brown caulk. Our DOS likes to get his BB gun out to see if he can hit them. They tend to sort of ‘hover’ in place, when they are out.

Rori – Like your salt & pepper hair. My DMnL kept her S&P hair cut short and it had a lot of natural wave. When she did ‘dye’ her hair, I would fuss about it not looking natural. While we saw her a much as we possibly could while in the A.L.F. in Jacksonville, FL; Louis’ daughter was ‘in control’ of a ‘lot more than we were aware of; buy pulling a POA off the Internet and getting her to ‘sign’ it, which basically gave her cart blanc over everything’. She became greedy and took all her $$$ and co-mingled it with hers by taking her to her bank and getting new ‘signatory cards’ signed and that took DH and DBnL off both checking and savings account. She did everything she could to ‘hide her assets’ (for a lot of different reasons). DBnL had made her sign the registration to her car back to him and his Mother; then she took the POA she had gotten her to sign and had it transferred back into her name. But, at least I did get 2 pieces of furniture she had promised me. They had been written down in an Addendum to her Will; but, then, she scratched through some of the items and put her own name down as who was supposed to get them. DH and DBnL could have taken her to ‘court’ and made her ‘put everything back into the Estate’ since DH and DBnL had been named as “Executors”. But, as it stood she had also gotten her name added as if she was a ‘daughter’ and inherited 1/3rd of the Estate and none of the 4 grandsons were even mentioned. This is a case of saying that I hope that “Karma will come back to visit her one day.” We have not heard one word out of her since DH asked for a copy of the death certificate so that he and his brother could cash in a $3000 life insurance policy; and, she got made because she did not get 1/3rd of it. I knew that my DMnL wanted to be buried in something that was ‘purple’. I had gone with step-daughter who purchased two head-to-toe outfits for herself; but, when it came to dressing my DMnL in the coffin, she had her in an ‘old’ pair of lavender pull-ups and a lighter lavender T-shirt. She had ‘dyed’ her hair … “Little Old Lady Pink” and her skin/make-up was about the same color. It took years to blank that ‘look’ of her out of my mind. I have a picture of her dressed for our wedding and that is the way I remember her looking.

Great that you are both sober. I pray that my DMS will one day slow down on her drinking; but, it only seems to have gotten worse over the years. Maybe not so much since her son had to move back in with her after ‘falling out of his 3rd story apartment’ several years ago; and, needed round-the-clock help. She flew out to Los Angeles and flew him back to Miami when he was able to move around on a walker.

Becca – For years, I was convinced that I looked like my Daddy; and, that our ‘middle sister’ looked like our Mother; now everybody who sees me from when I was growing up tells me I ‘look exactly like my Mother’. For a long time, I thought they meant ‘my weight’; then, I realized we really did look alike. I’m glad, because I inherited her skin, too.

I have no doubt at all, that we’d love your Mama; because you are so loveable!!!

I designed my wedding dress and my sisters’ dresses and Mother made all of them, including matching ones for my nieces; Mimi made braided bead rope ties to go with them. When DYS and DDnL#2 married I provided her with the baby bracelet that had belonged to him telling her that she now had ‘something old, something borrowed, and something blue’; so all she had to do is have some ‘new’ for her wedding day. She fastened the necklace around her bouquet and gave it back to me right after we had pictures made. Her ‘new’ was a necklace that Will had given her as a wedding present.

Sharon – I ‘personally’ do NOT think that anybody can ‘preach’ another into ‘salvation’. That is a ‘personal relationship’ that one has with their Savior (whatever their religion might be). I know when my oldest sister because what they call a “Born Again Christian” she and her husband would ‘preach’ at me and our middle sister to the point that, at the time, we both got ‘tired’ of it. I basically told her that ‘she needed to shut up about it; because she was standing in the way for either of us to be able to get to the point she was’. It worked; for me – 2 days before my 60th birthday I met my Lord and Savior … our middle sister will only admit to being ‘spiritual’.

Because she has so many friends that are of the Jewish faith, she could never tell them that they were ‘going to Hell because they did not believe that “Jesus” was the Son of God. While I have read the Bible through twice and had planned on doing it again this year … I don’t think that is ‘it’ at all. I ‘think’ from most of what I have read is that ‘they believe that the Son of God will come down in a kingly manner and that is what they Messiah will be to them’. Some say, that will be the “Second Coming”. Either way … I hope I am NOT “Left Behind”.

I try to do my ‘bill paying’ while sitting at my desk; or standing at the counter and NOT at my chair in the den. If I do it there; I am always ‘misplacing’ something – either the check, the envelope, or the statement. Drives me crazy, even though I still try to. Not this next month. We’re paying off everything and I dare my DH to ever use another CC, other than his business one; and, that will be for things like a compressor, ladders, drop clothes, or paint brushes … NOT for paint for a job. That is part of what he uses the 1/3rd up front to buy. But, because he had a couple of ‘major’ repairs done to his ‘work truck’ he had no other way to pay for them except to use his CC. I only have 2; and, I don’t intend on using either of them until I lose a significant amount to drop a size or two. I’ll get my clothes I have now checked out by Tony the Tailor before buying any more.

Katla – I am hoping that I will ‘finally’ get that damn back door to the porch and have it put up soon. When we moved into what we referred to as the “Big House”; we would have a Christmas tree that was specially ordered for us, so it would touch the ceiling when decorated. Mother had some beautiful hand-painted glass balls that when on it. My middle sister had a huge window at the end of her living room/den and she got all of them when Mother died. One year (I think maybe it was the first year they had moved there); my nephew was about 2 years old; she would hear he say, “UT OH!” Then a crash; and, she went in there to find he had climbed up on a chair to reach them and would drop them, just to hear the crash! She finally hung all of them up at the top of the tree to keep him from doing it. In my older life; I have not put up a tree; we just don’t have to floor space since we have a treadmill that takes up a lot of room. I need to remove the other piece of exercise equipment because I no longer use it. I hang the macramé tree that my Mother made; now, both my sisters want me to ‘send it to them’. Not a chance! This year I poked lights from the backside into the holes; so it was really pretty.

Leigh – Growing up we all came home about every 6 weeks to get together with our parents. When middle sister and her husband moved to TN; we did not see the quite that often; but, we’d always get together either the weekend before of the weekend after Christmas and be together.

Dana – I had a friend that I used to workout with at the “Y”. Never really saw him after I retired; but, saw him once at “K-Mart” and called out to him. He turned around and we had a good long visit. About a month later, I mentioned him to my BF; who told me that his wife had had to put him into a ‘nursing home’ because he had Alzheimer’s. She said that it hit him like a ‘sledge hammer’ and he had suddenly gotten physical with his wife … who he thought was somebody coming into the house to ‘rob him’. He doesn’t recognize anyone. Such a sad situation because he was always so ‘friendly’ … very much a ‘people person’.

wessecg – I agree … you might need to consider painting the walls. You can usually pick up a ‘paint chip’ book at some of the larger paint stores (Porter Paints, Sherwin-Williams, or Benjamin Moore) and bring them home to find colors that you like. I know that Benjamin Moore used to have little bottles of most of their colors that you could buy for maybe $3 each, then paint a block of the colors you like on the walls and look at them during the day and night, with and without lamps or ceiling lights (on and/or off) … at different times of the day and make a decision based on what you like best. From what I see it looks like you have a flooring that has a bit of a greenish cast to it (or maybe a bit of gray). This must be a ‘big room’ judging from the size of the sofas and chair. If I was decorating the room; I might try to find a larger rug that would fit more under the pieces of furniture to pull them together, with that burgundy color as a ‘highlight’ in it. Then I would pick a wall color from the colors in the rug.

This is just IMHO; the rug you are using there looks small compared to the furniture. Having a rug that has more color in it and is larger would make the pieces sort of ‘connect’ Then you might find a color in the rug that you really like, then buy several shades of it (a lighter shade of any color you like, as it will dry darker). If you get paint chips on a pages that are several shades of the same color; pick out the one you like best; and, then pick out the shade lighter. Most places will allow you to take home 2 or 3 rugs to lay out and see which, if any, you like. I can’t tell if that white stipe and the light brown against it is a door or what. Personally, I would make my ‘next’ purchase or change to the room, something more along the lines of a new rug. Then, if you still think the wall color needs to be changed, you will have more choices to go with. When (or if) you get a rug; place the edges of it about 3’ out from the wall and under the window. If that is a ‘bay window; then pull the rug out about 3'; from the corner (behind the lamp); so that it is equal in distance. Personally, I think a larger rug will make the size of the furniture look more to scale in the room/area. That is an important part of ‘drawing a room together’ … scale, then color. Another thing I see is something hanging on the wall, maybe a clock? In a room where most of the time you will be seated; you do not want to have to move your head up or down to see something. Most of the time; people hang things at eye-level when they are standing there looking at it to hang. If you hang something over the large sofa; whether it is a large mirror or a grouping of paintings, etc.; and depending on the size, you probably would not want the bottom of those items any more than 5” - 6” from the top of the sofa, if that. Get a roll of Kraft paper and tape pieces together that if you tacked it to the uppermost part of the wall and down behind the back of the sofa and draw a line where the top of the sofa comes to, then lay out your items you might wish to hang up and place them on the Kraft paper until you find a layout that is pleasing to you. Draw a line around them. Then turn them over and measure down how far the hook is or if it is a wire; pull it up towards the top of the picture and then measure down from the top of the frame to that point; and then tack the Kraft paper with all the shapes of things you intend to hang; back up on the wall … so you can see what it look like. When you are sitting in a chair (move that one to this side of the room to check); sit down and you should be able to move your eyes up; without moving your head … no more than about a 45-degree angle to see the top of the frames of the ones hanging at the highest point. Your chin can tip up about 10-degrees; but, you should not have to move you head more than that to get the 45-degree angle to look up and down at what you are seeing on the wall. This also helps keep things in a comfortable range. You do not want to hang things too high; or they will look like they are flying up. For a sofa of this scale; you probably do not want to hang anything lower than 5 or 6”. You might want to get a side table to go by the chair; and, it can either be something that matches the coffee table, or a wooden piece; just high enough to make it easy to pick up and put down a glass without having to lean way over to do so. You can make this furniture look very different by the choice of rug you pick. You can make it ‘modern’ or ‘more traditional’ depending on your taste. But, I really think a larger rug should be what you aim for, before you paint or pay to have the wall painted some other color. Seems like a ‘large’ room so it could be a ‘color’.

Since you have bought 3 pieces of furniture to go in this room, this is your neutral color. Neutral does not mean ‘light’, beige, or gray; it means the same color, no matter what it is. That is also your ‘smooth’ texture; a rug would be another texture; then you can add more color to the room by pulling out colors in the rug, either a solid color or one with many colors and textures, shapes and sizes for a couple of pillows (not so many that you are having to find a place to put them if someone comes over; just a couple at each corner of the sofa; or one big one on either end. Each piece of furniture can have its own pillow or set of pillows and they don't have to match.

Wherever you bought the furniture from, might have a ‘decorating service’ that would provide you with an hour’s worth of decorating tips without charging you. I know the store we’ve bought several pieces of furniture do. However, I have not yet met one that doesn’t want me to do several things that are just NOT going to happen. I am not painting the paneling – because it is ‘expensive’ and ‘difficult’ to find; and, this is also my husband’s house and his ‘hunting cabin motif' is also not going away either. We have a menagerie of deer, fish, ducks, a turkey, a bobcat, a huge wasp hive, antlers, and just about everything imaginable in between.

Lenora