WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We had some pretty bad weather supposed to happen today. So painter did not come. Has not rained a drop. Oh well. The money will just stay is our checking account a little longer. Contracter 'finished' their part today but they told us the would tack down the old roof tiles that had come up some along the gutter line with our old gutter guard. The new gutter guard does look streamlined. We will have to give him a call to let him know about tacking down these roof tiles. We got our new home and auto insurance today for the year. Another $2000 spent. I am wondering if we can either stop our AAA or decrease the level of plan because this auto insurance has a real good road assistance plan built into it.

Michele, yes Charlie did have C-Diff. Several times, They did talk about a stool stransplant several times but the antibiotics worked each time. With his colon removed now he never has it. I sometimes wonder what is wrong with my colon. Today was one of my 'bowel days'. It was a bad day. I was incontinent twice. One time was when we were going to the insurance office. Driving there I knew I needed to get to the bathroom so Charlie let me out at the door and I rushed in. The bathroom was at the back of the big office. It was to late. Luckily the bathroom was well equipped with a lot of cleaning items. I had no recourse but to take the offending underwear off and put them in a glove and go commando. Felt weird. I have an appointment with family doc Monday so that will be a big part of what I talk about. For lunch I had pineapple in 1% cottage cheese and mini carrots. Many meals it is just about 10 minutes that I have a belly ache. Last night was cheese pizza and no belly problems. Some of my stool today actually looked fatty.

I know there are some golfers here and follow the PGA tour. We have a course in a neighboring town, well it's actually part of metropolitan Evansville that has a real nice golf course and it is a courses on the Web.com tour. they are having the tournament this week. I would love to be a volunteer. They say it is the toughest course on the Web.com tour. the Champion's tour has had a tournament here. Champions tour is golfers from the PGA tour who have turned 50.

Kim, beautiful photography!. I have several members, all children of one of my uncles, that are the same. One lives in Seattle and her pictures are of the coast, whales, light houses. The others all do nature, birds, flowers, butterflies, etc. I am amazed. One of them is an underwater photographer with the either the navy or marines.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Kim: Specsacular photographs. Looking forward to meeting you, too. :smiley:

DJ: I'm so excited for you. A cruise, with a friend, and birthday to celebrate. Me jealous? :naughty: Yeah, just a tad.

Eyelids are feeling heavy. The four legged alarm was up at 2:45 this AM, and I didn't get back to sleep after getting him settled. Off to bed. Will be back to chat with you again soon.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) Today was the day we were supposed to start practicing dances for our performance at the county fair, but it got postponed until next Thursday. I used the unexpected free time to work in the yard and finally use my new QuickBooks 2017 program on my laptop computer as well as continue to transfer files from the desk top computer to my laptop. We watched the season premier of "Fargo" (one of our favourite TV shows) and it looks like it will be as great as the past seasons. I ride my exercise bike and knit while watching TV. The rain started just before the dogs' bedtime walk, so the walk was very short. Now they are in bed waiting for me.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    A most productive day. I'd say it was a successful day. House is clean. Daughter on her own today so no grandkid stuff. My food intake was almost perfect (76 gr. protein 9 gr. carbs and 105 gr. fat - a little high on the protein but very happy with the 74% of calories coming from fat). Hosted our dive club meeting tonight and talked about upcoming dive trips.

The only downers are the frogs are driving me crazy with their noise. It is like a rock concert outside and I'm thinking ear plugs might be needed to get to sleep. And the worst... I got bit by chiggers a week ago and I'm well into the agonizing itching and weeping sores stage. It's awful. I hate hate hate chiggers and can't believe I had them in my yard since they've never been a problem before. I'm assuming they were hiding along the fence we were tearing down since they don't like being disturbed. Believe me I'm going to be doubling up on the bug spray when I go out to finish the job!

Marcelyn
    with itchy legs in Houston
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    After last weekend's efforts, this semi-long weekend will be a recovery weekend. Hoping to get out for short bicycle rides (50 km-ish) where we'll stop at a café for lunch and I might even take some photos for a change.

Then I really need to get busy with my grad school homework. I kind of fell behind when I was training for last weekend's events.

M in Oz
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Love you, Girls!

Sarah - I would expect that you will cross the magical line into Onderland before me... the Puffy Princess tends to linger... The cow! But, I will be doing squats in your honor as you arrive in that magical land of Lightness!

Kim - Oh my gosh - the colors on those pictures is amazing - you could use those shots for a camera commercial. Gorgeous!

SueBDew - looks like you and DH had a great time... But, I imagine you are still glad to be home.

Heather
    - I have LOVED all the pics of your family fun. Keep em coming! And have a wonderful time in France.

Lisa
    - GRATZ on your vacation and the upcoming start at the new job. I know you will ROCK IT!

Karen/VA
    - HI!!!

Michele - I know, right? I wouldn't think of that either - guess we just aren't criminals at heart, eh?

Mia - Love the hair! You wild child.. such lovely spring colors.

Becca - $19.00 and ten days... I know you can do it! Queen of Thrift, I bow before your Smiling, Singing Sweetness.

Thanks to all for the kind comments about my internet stupidity. Perhaps nothing will come of it - but, I would pretty much expect to be written up. It's just something that I would do, if I were the boss - so, I could hardly expect any less. I had that moment of " I have no idea what you are talking about " when my Boss said I had been uploading to a non-sanctioned website... Uploading? What are you talking about? Then I was like... oh crap. The pictures... *sigh* Oh well. It just keeps me from getting too comfy or cocky, doesn't it?

Anyway - we can only live one day at a time - so I will worry about whatever happens when it happens. Until then, tomorrow is JAMMIE DAY!!

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

DH has gone off to cricket. We were talking this morning about what to have for dinner tonight and I got out some minced beef for chilli. Then, just as I was getting on the rowing machine I remembered we were going out tonight for dinner at the pub with DH's cricket friend and his wife. :o;) I'm still going to cook the chilli, have it tomorrow and leave him some for while I'm away. :D

Over the grandchildren's stay we missed out on two days official exercise. I lost half a pound and DH lost a pound!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Missing them so much, but we've got a lot to look forward to. My French trip, my trip to London with my girlfriends, Max's 6th birthday party. Phew!

I'm plucking up my courage to put the wifi printer onto the new modem. Mainly so I can print out my boarding card for Sunday.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    slept 10 hrs guess I needed it.. working I think 9:30 -5 today and working tomorrow until noon.
    going to rain most of the morning here..
    nothing new going on...
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-20X7X 35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs Challenge
    75 Squats
    Rest day push-ups
    75 leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    I am going to walk as much as possible today. I will be on the road most of the day. Mall walking!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th
    Clean your cupboards of temptation and fill them up with food that fits your macros!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3o:):)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3