WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,721 Member
    Options
    Margaret~ sorta hard to do when we are still in the same house.. and right now he doesn't have a clue, believe me I have a whole attache case full of stuff to use.. and I Wouldn't tell him..
    Dr sorta threw me under a the bus with my dad.. and said I was a concerned daughter and that is why he was there. so I sorta explained to dad why were concerned and he did tell the Dr about the tires and the Dr will look into a driving acessment (sp) from Easter Seals, and I asked the Dr about an Eye exam? and he said yes that should definatly be done, and my dad said well I have never had one, why should I get one now :o , so looking into medicare to see if that is covered.. if not I will pay for him to have an exam and get glasses... he uses the cheap cheaters..
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Becca - she's not on leave, she's on temporary duty, assigned to Fort Polk as the NCOIC of the hospital records section there for 90 days. Whatever it was, it was a tempest in an Army teapot, as she's staying for the two months of TDY that she has left. So, the plan's back on. :)

Ah gotcha!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,246 Member
    Options
    Just woken up from a nap on the sofa. :D House feels sooooooooooooo quiet without them, it's as if we can hear their little voices in our heads. Missing them already like mad, but we couldn't have gone on much longer at that intensity. DH is so amazing and has so much energy that I can coast a bit from time to time, but I am getting so much better at relating to them and joining in with all the fun. I love seeing the world through their eyes. <3 I'm still wearing my friendship bracelet. :D
    Coming back down to earth now.

We called in at the shops on the way home, mainly to pick up stuff for DH's four days of cricket, starting tomorrow. Plus I am going away to France on Sunday. We only have the one car and he will have it. (Saves masses of money, but is occasionally inconvenient as we live 3 miles from a shop) I called in at the post office to get euros. B)
    We are incredibly lucky in that my cleaner was arriving just as we were going out of the door with the kids, so no mad spring clean to do. I might keep the duvet covers on etc for their next visit so just towels to wash. :D

Thank you so much for all your good wishes. I loved sharing my fun with all of you and I have appreciated getting all your news. I am thinking of each and every one of you. <3

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla
    Doogers Seafood and Grill, located on Broadway!
    Its right near the awesome candy store with the free pieces of salt water taffy!!

Becca
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Fancy0626 I bet I did did put in a smiley face. I love those things!
    Peach1948 yes, DH is much better. He even walked about the yard but he's asleep in his chair now. He ate a protein bar this morning but other than that he hasn't eaten since Sunday night. He's 6'3" and 195, so I worry about him being underweight.
    My foot has gone down a lot since last night but it still hurts! Feels like five sausages stuck onto a block of wood! LOL! It's been a month since the blood clot behind my knee.
    Have a great afternoon!
    Dana in Arkansas

Yesterday and this morning.
    bcpxlh2ge9qz.jpg
    ef731mh0uxfq.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr Joyce Vidral's Cougar workout then rode the recumbant bike for an hour. Vince was out of the eye MD's office at 8:30. I didn't expect him to be finished so soon. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Kathy Kaehler Get Fit Class DVD.

dana - sure hope your hubby is better fast. Now I understand why you can't take care of your dog. Update: Glad to hear he's better. I can't get over the change in your legs. Let's hope they continue to go down

barbie - the biggest problem I find with the NC Library is that there is only a limited amount of audiobooks in the health and fitness section. Frustrating

Re - one time when I was counting the collection money at the church Vince was with me. So I told the lady that he can count. She told me that they can't have a husband and wife counting together. I couldn't understand so I asked Vince why. He told me it was because of the chance for collusion. I would never in my entire life have thought of that. So glad you checked in

Leigh - congrats on the 100 days!

katla - I have no idea if the book disappears when you cross the county line. I don't think I ever downloaded anything from them. Talk about a small library to choose from!

Heather - you're just amazing with those kids

Mia - your hair looks so nice

Newcomer bowling tonight. This is our last session.

Michele in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,721 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    well I refreshed my computer~ and im afraid I messed it up.. hoping my pictures are still on here yikes. ok so pictures all still there but lost a boat load of bookmarks .. oh well
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Mia, great napkins. I missed the threads.

KarenVA, Olivia is just a doll. What does she weigh now? She still looks so tiny.

Dana, I hope your DH is doing much better. Sending prayers and healing thoughts. You take care of yourself, too.

Barbie, that’s great that you like your new chiropractor even more than the last one.

Kim, beautiful pictures.

Re, so good to hear from you. If your DH wants weights at home and you’ll both use them, that is wonderful. Go girl, for your sake and his.

Gloria, how wonderful to have the young man to help out. That sounds like a win-win.

Sue, what a great picture. I hope you have a safe trip home.

Sharon, I hope things get better at work. It is no fun, nor healthy to go to an unpleasant work situation every day. (((Hugs)))

Heather, you and your DH are doing a wonderful job entertaining the grands. I’m sure it will be somewhat of a relief when they go home but you will also miss them.

CarolGA, hope the rib gets better soon.

Katla, I hope your DH’s glasses fit perfectly and he can see great with them.

Yvonne, I hope you enjoy that massage. Sounds heavenly.

Allie, your dad has never had an eye exam??? OMG. I guess his eyes must be pretty good. When I got my driver’s license renewed a couple of weeks ago I couldn’t see one line in the eye test without my glasses. This is the first time I’ve had my license restricted to driving with glasses even though I nearly always do.

Mia, I love your hair cut and the color. My cruise buddy and I talked about some blue highlights for the cruise but afraid we won’t have time.

Beth, I know yards can be overwhelming. Do pace yourself. (((Hugs)))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

After overeating last night I have been good today. Having baked fish for dinner with some oven roaster broccoli and cauliflower. Tomorrow I hope to get some eyelash extensions for the cruise and Saturday I have a luncheon. Then Sunday have to be at the Moose at 11:00 am to rehearse for the installation of officers. Monday we don’t have to leave for the cruise until around 10:00 and could even go later. It’s just about 2 hours from my house to the ship so no rush.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    well I refreshed my computer~ and im afraid I messed it up.. hoping my pictures are still on here yikes. ok so pictures all still there but lost a boat load of bookmarks .. oh well

Do you have a 'go back' feature? I have used it and it can be put back to like last week. Good luck!
    Becca
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, whirlwind day with students, followed by a long and chatty lunch with 6 folks ranging in ages 23 to 62 all interesting and excited to be teachers! Positive social experience for me (2 glasses of red Wine :p ) shared some hummus and pita, and only ate one lamb meatball before the entree arrived--I was way too full! way too much food so I packed it all up after one bite and will have at least 2-3 lunches made out of it. Funny how portion sizes are completely out of whack with my daily routine.

Best part of day (besides the wonderful students) was a text from someone offering a summer job to my DD :) (insert dancing emoji and fireworks). I wonder if it will really be that easy, hah. But just getting an interview is a great thing for an 18 yo. So that is in the works, hooray!

Going to take a long soak in the tub and calm down before I go workout.

NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,356 Member
    Options
    Mia - love that hair color! Good for you.... makes me wonder how it would be to have short hair again. Yours is Supermodel becoming ;)

Beth - I too have used the peanut butter cookie therapy - we probably all have. Did DH get your dad moved back home OK and how is that going? You probably posted about it and I missed it speed-reading through here the past few days.

Katla and Barbie - our library also has a lot of books and audio to download - for books it does take us to Amazon (or did-- seems like things now automatically download through Overdrive, whatever that is). I also download free books from Bookbub from time to time.

RE - I bet you'll be OK with the little MFP faux pas. Hopefully your employer will deal with it as a training issue for employees - a reminder. I'll bet a lot of other folks were doing similar with large files but just hadn't tripped the alarm. It was meant to be that the other job didn't materialize but good experience prepping for it and it felt good to be considered for it!

I admit I got a bit bold in my email content when I decided I was leaving the county. Nothing that would be considered harassment, just large silly files and actually some detailed documentation about my supervisor and a co-worker I would send to my union agent. I was really hoping management would read them (they kept threatening to read employee's emails) as my supervisor had a habit of sticking his head in the sand when it came to personnel issues. Everything I said was defensible and I cc'ed the good ones to my home email.

A gal who took over part of my job when I left 8 months ago caught wind I was back on my temporary county job this week and starting sending me emails about "how did you do this and that, where would these plans be filed - what was the procedure for handling expired permits" blah blah. I told her I couldn't remember then emailed HER supervisor and said if she really needs the info then the Director can call me and I'll come in for a price. >:) Maybe. I left copious notes and gave some training before I took off. I was hoping I'd run into the Director today and let him know what's up. Before I left, I presented them with an "exit plan" where I'd stick around a month or so as a casual and help with training.... that went over like a lead balloon. :* so not my problem.

Sharon, sorry you are having that job stress. I went through something very similar many years ago and eventually left the job....of course not long after that boss got canned but I couldn't take the stress any longer. It's a blow to be treated like that especially when you know you have the talent and smarts to make decisions and had the authority at one time. Is there anyone else at your work you can talk to about this? It is lonely at the top sometimes. If you have time on the books, it's OK to take a mental health day - I know it's hard tho... I could never really turn off my brain even when I wasn't at the office. I remember at that time my weight was the highest it had ever been. ((hugs)))

Kim - love the butterfly photos! We aren't on the Monarch butterfly circuit as far as I know but I keep growing some milkweed in case they come by.

Heather, glad you and DH had such a good time with the grandchildren! I can't believe your France trip is coming up in a few days. Make sure to send us photos!

Leigh - you are on a roll! Keep up the good work!! Very proud of you!!

Dana, glad your leg is getting better! Geeze that was scary! Are you on medication and is this occasional swelling something you'll have to deal with forever? Glad DH is on the mend.

Margaret - Thank you for the plant kindness photo! Do you mind if I steal it and put it on our Master Gardener Facebook Page? Hyacinths are my favorite!

DJ - Excited for you and your cruise! Eyelash extensions - you go girl! Your supper sounds yummy - baked fish and oven roasted veggies. I'm working on my grocery list right now so good timing!

Karen in VA - sounds like you are having great time with Jilli. What a cute name! Thank you for the Olivia photo. She looks great.

NYKaren - what a big lunch and lots of goodies - I love those kind of leftovers! Hope the job offer for DD works out OK!

Gloria - any leads on your next job? Job market seems to be getting hotter here in WA so wishing you the best when you go out looking. The young man sounds like a good addition to your home.

Ok I'd better close and get something done around here. Waving HI to all of you I've missed!!!

I'm done at work for the week but they need me back in there next Monday and we'll see how it goes.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,838 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Got groceries this morning and then went to book club. It was an interesting book about Tabitha Brown who is called the "mother of Oregon" and her trip by wagon train to get there. (fiction) Home and planned to do some spraying in the pastures but it started to rain. Supposed to be dry tomorrow so I will hope to get it done then. Need to get rid of those buttercups! We have a good compost pile going and the arborist who is working on some trees for us said we should spread some of it under the apple tree as it might make the apples sweeter. That would be good. Food going well today even with lunch at book club.

Kim - Thanks for the gorgeous pictures.

Lisa - Glad the plan can go ahead.

Re - good to see your post. Hope everything gets settled down at work.

Sharon - Hope things get better for you at work. It is a bummer having to go to work when you hate what is happening there.

NYKaren - Sounds like you had a grand day.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,356 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DH can get his new glasses! They've been in for a while and he didn't see the message. We will get there later today. I'm supposed to go out to the stable today & I need to talk to the owner and see whether she would mind if I shift to tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

[/quote]

Katla -- Hope DH got his new glasses so he can be "on the road again". Been quite a while since he was behind the wheel, hope all goes smoothly for him.

Lanette
    SW WA State where it looks like the rainclouds are mostly east of us...tomorrow is SPRING for a day, lol.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Pray for my family, please! This afternoon, right after Louis and Trey got home, got a call from DDnL#1 from her cellphone telling me, "You (or someone) needs to come down here and get your son before I have him arrested'! He is yelling, screaming, hitting the wall in front of the girls ... I can't take this $#*T!" Knowing that I did not need to get into the 'middle of it' I turned to Louis and told him to go see what was going on, that she was threatening to call the Sheriff.

He goes down there and finds son outside (don't know where she was); and he is bitching that she was upset that he had decided to get rid of the pool, that way he could pay off a loan to one of her family members, he was fussing that he is the only one who cleans it and their utility bill is about $100 more than it would normally be, beginning to have issues with motor. I'll hate to see it gone; but, I certainly understand why; this family member owns a pool business so he could come and get it and maybe they could barter out a payment on it. We paid on the pool, too but we won't fight his selling it. It apparently set her off and an argument ensued. I asked DH what it was all about and apparently she wants a 'divorce'. Louis told him to 'go inside and tell Madison that she IS going to learn how to drive'; that way he can get off and pick them up and bring them home, since that is what she is bitching about. I think she is not happy in her job and has also figured out that she should not have turned down the interview for the job here and the raise she would have gotten, if she had gotten the job. None of it discussed with Trey. At this point, I would not be surprised if she quit or got fired for mouthing off and she doesn't want to tell him. I think they'd all be 'better off' if they did get a divorce. The girls don't need to be seeing any outbursts from either of them.

KIDS, do they ever grow up?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm working-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.18min. 14.3amph, 132mhr, 2.9mi = 105c
    apple watch- 92c
    ROWING MACHINE- 45min, 54aw, 101mhr, 7255meters-4.51mi. = 55c
    apple watch- 80c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 40min, 166fl, lvl7-8, 66-78steps per min, 130mhr = 77c
    apple watch- 83c
    OTHER- 30min, various machines, 30-100#'s, 3sts of 10-15ea, 126mhr= 107c
    apple watch- 96c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 7.21min, 137mhr, 11.6amph, 1.4mi = 67c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 16.08min, 11.3amph, 140mhr 3mi = 128c
    apple iwatch- 110c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.21min, 10.16min mi, 154mhr, .5mi = didn't record right
    apple watch- 51c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.51min, 10.27min mi, 154mhr, .5mi = 51c
    apple watch-57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.44min, 7.6amph, 145mhr, 2.6mi = 200c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 841