WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER - know what you mean about enjoying grands trouble is they grow up too quickly mine are 16 and 14 now. I think when our kids are young we have so many responsibilities, their education etc juggling working etc. My own Mum always put us before cooking cleaning etc and she loved babysitting my two keeping them overnight and having fun with them. It rubbed off on my DD, who was very close to her Nana, she always has fun with her kids not being overly worried about housework

Kate UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    KimK: I bought my food scale from Amazon at a moderate price. It is called Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Scale. It measures in grams, kilograms, ounces, or pounds. I've had it for four years and it is easy on batteries. It is also small enough to take along if I travel, however I can't imagine using it in a restaurant so it usually stays home. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Congratulations on getting your last paper to press. Let the adventures begin! :bigsmile:

Anita: I am not the only person still here because I need the support to stay at goal. The support of this group of women is such a blessing. Welcome! :star:

We're having yet another rainy day. I am grateful that I went to the gym and had a good yoga class, but I'd like to go for a walk in the sunshine, too. I know that the sun will come out again when it is good and ready. We actually had a sunny day yesterday and I'm greedy. I want another sunny day ASAP.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

I got just too far behind once again. I did skim most of the posts and that’s all I can do at the moment. I had a dentist appointment at 11:00 this morning and a lunch meeting that followed. That was over at 2:00 and I came home for a bit. At 4:30 I need to leave home to meet a friend that is taking me out for my birthday dinner. It’s not until Monday but that is the day I leave on my cruise, so this is the day we picked.

I wish I had time to comment on posts as I read some with great ideas. I support all of you with issues and challenges and send (((((Hugs))))) with the support.
    Heather, I totally enjoyed all the pictures of your darling grands. You and your DH always impress me with how good you are with them.

Allie, still sending you extra strength and resolve. Hang in there.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Tomorrow and Saturday are other lunches out for one reason or another. Then with the cruise, I just fear what the scale will say when I return.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DJ FOR MONDAY! :drinker: B)

And have a wonderful time on your cruise. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    DJ What Heather said. Have fun!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lisa. This is what you tell your daughter about her leave getting cut short. It can be eliminated which has happened to my husband... Not fun! Once his ship was pulling in, and I was on my way on base. As I was riding the train, I saw his ship getting to pier side. This was about 4 hrs before they were suppose to pull in. I raced to the pier and met my husband, took a taxi to the exchange where he bought some books and treats, then back into taxi to the ship! From the time the ship pulled in, to the time everyone was to report back was about 2 hrs. So then I watched it leave, and so sad some of the off base wives were getting to the pier only to see it go. But that's the military....
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    One thing I always do at restaurants is request a container and cut my meal in half. I figure if I'm going to spend money, I might as well get two meals from it!

Any salad can be changed up or altered. One of my favorite coastal restaurants makes a great salad. However, its made with arugula, which I'm not fond of, so I substitute spinach. I looked at other meal options and saw they used spinach, so I knew it wouldn't be a big hassle. By the way the salad also has feta cheese, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, and a nice citrus/ balsamic dressing. Its heaven on a plate. You can add a skewer of chicken or shrimp, (I have done the shrimp). Yummy!!!!

Becca
    Hungry now for some reason in
    Oregon
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Dang! I should take picture of everything I make. I just saw 2 threads I didn't manage to clip. Those fiddly little threads are a right royal pain to my old eyes.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Becca - she's not on leave, she's on temporary duty, assigned to Fort Polk as the NCOIC of the hospital records section there for 90 days. Whatever it was, it was a tempest in an Army teapot, as she's staying for the two months of TDY that she has left. So, the plan's back on. :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Went to yoqua this morning. We had a substitute teacher and I really liked some of the things she did as opposed to the regular teacher. She kept us moving a little more which helped me keep warm. They are having problems regulating the heat in the hot tub and it was really hot today. I did not stay in as long as usual. DH made a deal with his primary care doc to eat more healthy foods and cut down on the junk. He wants to get off the metformin for his diabetes. We shall see how this goes. I hope he can stick with it.

Sarah - You go girl. You will be in onederland in no time.

Heather - Your pics look like you are having loads of fun but I think you will be tired when they leave.

Mia - Love your creativity.

Meg - Keep dropping in. Sending strong thoughts your way.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho just marking my spot...
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    :sweat_smile:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm working-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.01min. 13.5amph, 131mhr, 2.9mi = 111c
    apple watch- 98c
    SPIN CLASS- 48min, 83ar, 98aw, 11-15g, 144mhr, 19.7mi = 318c
    apple watch- 328c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.22min, 148mhr, 13.6amph, 1.4mi = 72c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.09min, 12.1amph, 155mhr 3mi = 156c
    apple iwatch- 116c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.52min, 9.29min mi, 154mhr, .5mi = 71c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wk 2 sta then ride to other side of tracks - 8.02min, 7.03ap, 150mhr, 1.1mi = 89c
    Apple Watch- 65c
    bike ride dome 2 hm up Mst - 16.35min, 8.9amph, 160mhr, 2.4mi = 211c
    Apple Watch - didn't record

total cal 1028
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    B) Long day! 4 hours of work tomorrow then I'm done for the week.

Relaxing and watching Season 3 of Shetland. DI Perez = my new favorite detective!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Janetr OKC – IF I could strip down to my birthday suit; I’d do it. But, I am not too sure that Estee would appreciate it. She did say that she really wished that all her patients did what I do, which is bring her copies of what I eat during the day. Need more protein and need to cut back on my sugar some, like back to 1 tsp. for each cup of coffee.

KimK – I live in SW GA in Dawson, about 15 miles N/NW of Albany, GA.

Yvonne in TX – Since I have started answering all calls that come from ‘outside’ our state with “Fire Department, where is your emergency?” Quite a few have stopped calling. I did block one through DNC; and, it will ring once then hang up. But, one thing I wish I knew how to do is turn off the ‘notifications’ from FB postings (especially since I do not have FB on my phone). I am wondering ‘if’ using my cellphone number as my User Name is causing this. Can’t put in a different email (they already have both of them; and, they would kick me off if I tried). So, I can either deal with the FB notifications and go crazy; or I can maybe go in and disable my phone on my profile page. I might try that; but, then they might want a ‘home’ number.

Becca – When I start feeling overwhelmed or blue, Louis catches on pretty quickly; especially if I am in a crying jag. I wish my DOS and DDnL#1 would carry their arguments way back in the woods so as to not let their children hear or see them arguing or fighting.

Yeah, GA has a lot of those restrictions. No other passengers in the car for the 1st year except immediate family, mandatory driving classes which they do online before they take the written test for their Learner’s License. It’s just that we lived out in the country and it would be ‘more’ convenient ‘if’ she would drive. One of the reasons she doesn’t want to drive is because so many of the kids at school get ‘cars’ for their 16th birthday. A LOT of them have never been behind the wheel before either. Now that is scary, so I avoid the school when it is its busiest (early morning and around 3:00pm). But, I certainly think that DDnL#1 giving up a chance to have an ‘interview for a job’ doing what she is now with being back in town and a fairly significant raise was not thought through. Surely, if DMGD did not want to learn to drive, they could find a senior who would have been glad to make some money for gas to bring them home. Just doesn’t make good sense. So now, unless they don’t fill the job; she is probably stuck working where she is, with who she does.

Love that saying you posted and the picture of your wedding day!

Music affects me very differently; when I drive I listen to symphony music if I am driving in heavy traffic. Violin and/or piano music makes me do housework uncessantly. I literally did my Spring Cleaning in 2 days with NO help from Louis. Country music in the car; unless my DOS gets in to drive … then it goes to some ‘gosh awful’ music! DYS’s music has lightened up a lot, now that he had a ‘new’ daughter in his life.

Michele – He does have a pretty powerful one; you might want to try to rent one for a day; I’m sure they have places where people can rent large equipment of equipment they only use a couple of times. Ours is called “Bob White’s Rent”. His is strong enough to reach a 2nd story without having to get up too high on a ladder. He says it is a good one, powerful. Since he always washing down the houses he is going to paint, he has to have a good one. Strong enough to wash mildew off and clean sidewalks and driveways. There is also a company in Albany that does nothing but pressure-washing (houses, driveways, and sidewalks). I think he starts at about $125; that is about what Louis charges. Sometimes he will just go ahead and do it (driveways and sidewalks and patios) just to do it. He is going to be soaking wet afterwards, so why not go ahead and do it. Doing things like that has made him have a big following. He has never advertised; it’s all be by ‘word of mouth’.
    Love the butterfly! I had a few ceramic pieces; but, Tux knocked all of them down and broke them. The only one he has not touched is one that is on hanging on a post.

I think I will also come out of my grave to ‘worry’ about my boys; they’ll always been my ‘babies’, even now that they are grown.

Hello to all the newbies! Come often, post often.

Lenora
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of deep water. The PLAN for tomorrow is to do a cougar workout DVD. Like I said, the PLAN is to do it. You know me, and I have to exercise first thing in the morning or else it really doesn't get done. Well, tomorrow Vince has to be at the eye MD at 7:30 which means I won't exercise in the a.m. The letter he got said he should be finished by 10:15. So what happens, who knows?

Welcome everyone new!

tlp and Sheila from Indiana - you've come to a great place for support

Dana - hope your hubby gets better real fast. Why would he think you couldn't take care of the dog?

Joyce - didn't charlie at one time have c-diff? Did he get the fecal transplant? Or am I mistaken? If I'm not, how is he now? LOL about the chocolate chip cookies

Chris - I, too, go off the wagon BIG TIME. Am trying my best to get back on track right now. It'll happen, it'll just take time

After exercising went to the Salvation Army. Found two bags that I can hopefully use for my wet clothes when exercising. Also found a shirt. Not sure if it fits me well enough, but I did like the colors. It was only 99 cents so I took it. Then went to Bi-Lo and got things on sale.

katla - I use the digital library here in NC. It's NC digital library. Now, it's interesting. I went to sign up for Florida's since I belong to the library down there. Do you know you can only access the digital books in that county, not the entire state like you can here in NC? I especially liked being able to listen to audiobooks when I'm in the car or laying out by the pool.

Meg - how is everything going by you?

Yvonne - I thought that there was a lot of white, but it's going to go on the pergola that covers the pool equipment and the pergola is brown, so the white will probably accent well. Glad you liked it. I'm still working on the bee

KimK - I usually do food prep for the week during the weekend. I usually can freeze most of it and have it other days of the week. We don't have the same thing day in and day out

mia - your napkins are breathtaking. Bet they'll fetch a pretty penny

Michele in NC