Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Somehow, 3 lbs crept up on me over night. Could have been the sleeve of crackers I ate before bed. Yes, I am one of those who loves crunchy, salty things. Also, ate two large slices of pizza over the weekend. Back to tracking!

One good thing I did for the first time today. We went to our favorite seafood restaurant and I asked for a to-go box before I started eating. Put 3/4 of my fish and 1/2 the baked potato into the box. I resisted the cream cheese stuffed bread but did eat the hush puppies. Now hoping I can stay away from carbs for the rest of the day.

Carol in GA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Oooh had the best soup ever!!!!
    2 oz hillshire farms turkey kelbasa cubed
    1/4 cup of: leftover rice a roni fried rice
    Canned green beans
    Pinto beans
    Canned corn
    Tossed it all with a tablespoon of bacon drippings, 2 cups of water with 1 tsp of chicken bouillon paste, spices and let simmer!

Rest of the day I am happy belly!
    Becca
    Drinking coffee and munching on 1/2 of a banana bread mini loaf for dinner
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, the way you have raised your boys, they will never leave you. You will still be parenting, it's jsut that they may not know it. You and your husband still have so much to give, especially how to spontanously love each other, you would be great in the Big brother, Big sister program. Or maybe an exchange student.

Well the painting started today. Now we have several shades of grey and red since he has painted the dark grey so that the contractor can put the gutters in. Totally looks strange now.

Charlie had his appointment with cardiologist today. He doesn't have to see him now for 2 years since he also sees another cardiologist for his rhythm every year. he did talk to him about his weight.

Meg, yes I have seen the reports. We even have a program at our Y for boxing for Parkinson's. He won't ride a bike, participate in anything that has other people he has to interact with. That's just my man.

Joyce, Indiana
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Joyce. Hugs!!!
    Husband and I drove around, and went to our lookout to watch the water of the Columbia River as it travels past us into Young's Bay where Astoria is.... He asked me if everything is OK. He remembers how disconnected we were, so we keep mindful and never leave anything unsaid.

Ginger in Texas. You are doing a great job caring for your parents. You organize, make lists, etc. Maybe because that is the only thing you have control over. Don't feel guilty over how many times you are able to visit with your father. You are doing the best you can. You are caring for your Mom, so you are kind of in the middle, commitment wise.

Some people procrastinate because they need to do things a certain way, and if that can't be done, they would rather not start the task, then do it wrong. Maybe looking at tasks more simply might help you complete them. Or let go of tasks that are mentally on your B list. Hugs!!!!!!!
    Becca
    Oregon

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Hello all: The sun is shining presently but we had a thunder storm earlier. Horses are fed but not as much as DD and I are going to a meeting on using natural remedies for moss, moles, weeds, etc. So we will feed them for the evening early and it needs to last them the night. We had six for Easter and did very well on food. Had a small amount of candy around and only a few leftovers.

Question: I saw an article recently that said that an hour of exercise per day helped with the symptoms of IBS. They quoted two small studies. Has anyone else seen anything on this? It intrigues me.

Marcelyn - Darling grandbabies! Love the group by the pool too.

Mia - The bottle tree is gorgeous.

Purl - Love the horses on the beach. Nothing better than adventures on horseback.

Pip - Love the Rocky bunny!

Ginger - Wow! Your posts always make me think.

Meg - thinking good thoughts for you.

Allie - Sending you strength and peace.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KimK2009
    KimK2009 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Indiana - I saw something recently about music being used to calm Parkinson's symptoms. Can't hurt to try something so easy.

KimK in Augusta GA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    Ginger in TX: I'm so happy that you've put together a plan for the next while. It seems like a good one to me. Good luck with all of your responsibilities. :heart:

Barbie: When I was teaching I learned to get there early and do all of my grading and class set up before class began. I didn't take grading or worries home with me if it could be helped. It took me a long while to get into the groove, but it was very good for me. It began as a strategy for dealing with a long and nasty commute. I travelled ahead of the rush in the morning so I was there a couple of hours early. I got a lot of quiet time in my room to get things done. I left right after the kids did at the end of the day. I didn't work fewer hours than any of the other teachers after taking grading and so forth into account, but I got it done in a way that helped reduce commute stress & left me personal time with my family at the end of the day. :bigsmile:

Our house faces north and the entrance is shaded much of the time. We had quite a bit of green slime everywhere on the exterior that is in the shady zone. I squirted some stuff called 30 seconds outdoor cleaner that I bought at Ace Hardware on the green slime where I could reach it, let it set the recommended amount of time and rinsed it off. I got rid of quite a bit of green slime, but not enough that I felt good about it. I reapplied in the worst spots & waited again. I just went out to take another look and it looks quite a bit better! I am glad I looked again because I know my time wasn't wasted. Our house isn't due for fresh paint until next year. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Options
    :star:
  • Katla49
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Becca: This is for you to consider and think about. Your heart beats a musical rhythm. These shows are fun, funny and feature people with a love of singing. And they are right in your back yard. They also do a winter performance called Scrooged in Astoria. We've been to both. Performers come in a wide range of ages and sizes. It is the voice that counts. Do NOT be shy. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Upcoming Auditions
    The Astor Street Opry Company is proud to present auditions for its 33rd consecutive season of Shanghaied in Astoria! Auditions for this award-winning, vaudeville-style, musical-melodrama will be held on Saturday, May 20 at 6pm and Sunday, May 21 from 12 noon to 2pm.

Being a part of Shanghaied is sure to make your summer a rewarding life-time memory as you connect, learn, and grow through theatre techniques and this precise style of stage craft performance. Over two dozen delightful & colorful parts are open for guys and gals 17 to any age! Parts for sturdy women, nefarious saloon owners, fun fishermen, nasty villains, and a sweetheart or two, along with spots for dancers, musicians and technical back-stage help.

Shanghaied in Astoria began in 1985 with a bare-bones budget and a cast of fun and talented friends, and has now grown into a piece of Astoria’s folklore, entertaining over 85,000 in its 33 year history! Directed this year by long-time ASOC veteran Director, Markus Brown, this season’s run is sure to be another don’t-miss theatrical production! For more information, please contact Markus at (503)791-6044, or email at info@astorstreetoprycompany.com.

The Astor Street Opry Company is a not-for-profit, 501c3 community theatre organization and is currently seeking show sponsors. The show runs July 7th through September 9th, 2017. Sponsorships start at just $150.00 (cash or in-kind donation). It is your support that keeps year-round community theatre programming for all ages alive and thriving in Clatsop County!

For more information, please call 503-325-6104, or email info@astorstreetoprycompany.com. Learn more about our company on our website at www.astorstreetoprycompany.com

• worm_1962
    worm_1962 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sheila from Indiana area here. I would love to join the fun, I am certainly 50 plus and need some support and motivation to keep going! I am struggling big time and am getting frustrated with myself. You all look very fun!