What's your biggest dream?

Options

Replies

• owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Globe salesman? Aren't we here for a purpose? I mean anything u think about have some purpose as simple as socks have a purpose so what makes us think that this whole universe have no purpose
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    owa1s wrote: »
    Globe salesman? Aren't we here for a purpose? I mean anything u think about have some purpose as simple as socks have a purpose so what makes us think that this whole universe have no purpose

I don't know my particular purpose. I'm sure there's one somewhere :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    @sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I would love to move to the Southeast area (South Carolina, Georgia or Florida). I need to get out of Illinois before it goes Bankrupt....or I do because of all the added taxes they keep wanting us all to pay.

I just moved to Illinois about 6 months ago and I regret ever coming back.

Go West !

No, move to Toronto!

Too cold.
    Too expensive.

The American southwest has a lot to offer
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    my biggest dream is for more cancer cures and better less hard treatments. It sucks watching someone go through that and that would be the my ultimate dream

Mad Re5pext

Just remember

This is a process, not an event
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I would love to move to the Southeast area (South Carolina, Georgia or Florida). I need to get out of Illinois before it goes Bankrupt....or I do because of all the added taxes they keep wanting us all to pay.

Go West !

No, move to Toronto!

Too cold.
    Too expensive.

The American southwest has a lot to offer

Toronto isn't as cold as many places.
    I guess it is pricy
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    To open a cat cafe near the beach. Would rescue adoptable cats from high kill shelters, have lots of places for them to lounge around the cafe, great books for people to read, brew awesome coffee and adopt the kitties out to qualified and loving homes :)
  • IVMay
    Options
    my biggest dream is for more cancer cures and better less hard treatments. It sucks watching someone go through that and that would be the my ultimate dream

Progress is being made each year towards battling the big C. It's such a resilient turd, however.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

Go West !

No, move to Toronto!

Too cold.
    Too expensive.

Which is why I live in the attic at Walmart
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    To open a cat cafe near the beach. Would rescue adoptable cats from high kill shelters, have lots of places for them to lounge around the cafe, great books for people to read, brew awesome coffee and adopt the kitties out to qualified and loving homes :)

People constantly spitting cat hair off their tongues.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Go West !

No, move to Toronto!

Too cold.
    Too expensive.

Which is why I live in the attic at Walmart

That's because you're smart.
  • PrincessMel72
    Options

Deal with it! People don't visit a cat cafe without the expectation that there will be cat hair! LOL Ever been to one?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »

Progress is being made each year towards battling the big C. It's such a resilient turd, however.

Trooth

That's because there are so many different types out there.

A cure is a moving target to be sure.

Progress is being made, it's just not fast enough right now for too many people.
  • IVMay
    edited April 2017
    Options

Deal with it! People don't visit a cat cafe without the expectation that there will be cat hair! LOL Ever been to one?

I'm sure there's one in Tokyo from what I remember that I went to and they told me that there's quite a few of them and very popular. Some of them weren't that friendly but still it was quite a soothing experience.

I was a bit of a mess back then so what I think they told me may have actually been imagined. I'd dare say there's other cat cafes in Japan they are big into their cats.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

My biggest dream?

To get naked and start the revolution.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    To live someplace beautiful and peaceful, where I can step outside and be surrounded by nature. But does that place even exist in my price range? I think not.

So far, I'm not taking steps toward achieving it. Stuck in a rut with no escape plan, surrounded by loud neighbors who smoke like chimneys (comes right in my house when the windows are open) and let their dogs bark all night long.

The situation wasn't even THAT depressing until I typed it all out and reinforced it. Ugh. This thread made me sad, and I'm not usually sad. Time to move...

ndeid5475vku.jpeg

Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than living near noise like that. Well there obviously is but it's so inconsiderate. Can't you look as to gorvernment enforcement notices or noise restriction notices you could gather evience and forward it to a local authority/whatever you have in your location?

I have to admit, I own a noisy dog and I promise I hate it as much as everyone else in the vicinity. We've done what we can to train it out of him, but according to our vet and trainer: some dogs are just barkers! Personally, I'd really hesitate to take steps that could result in someone having to give up their dog. There are already so many without homes :(
  • PrincessMel72
    Options
    @IVMay There's also one in Denver, CO where I just moved from. It was very relaxing and soothing to go sit in one of their big comfy chairs, grab a book and cup of coffee and have different cats all around. Of course, it made me want to adopt them all, which I already have 2 and husband would flip *kitten* if I did, but yeah. You're right about Japan - they do have cat cafes and are big into kitties.
  • IVMay
    Options
    A_Rene86 wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    To live someplace beautiful and peaceful, where I can step outside and be surrounded by nature. But does that place even exist in my price range? I think not.

So far, I'm not taking steps toward achieving it. Stuck in a rut with no escape plan, surrounded by loud neighbors who smoke like chimneys (comes right in my house when the windows are open) and let their dogs bark all night long.

The situation wasn't even THAT depressing until I typed it all out and reinforced it. Ugh. This thread made me sad, and I'm not usually sad. Time to move...

ndeid5475vku.jpeg

Sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than living near noise like that. Well there obviously is but it's so inconsiderate. Can't you look as to gorvernment enforcement notices or noise restriction notices you could gather evience and forward it to a local authority/whatever you have in your location?

I have to admit, I own a noisy dog and I promise I hate it as much as everyone else in the vicinity. We've done what we can to train it out of him, but according to our vet and trainer: some dogs are just barkers! Personally, I'd really hesitate to take steps that could result in someone having to give up their dog. There are already so many without homes :(

Yeah I have dogs. The only one that gives me hassle is the Dachshund. She's a trooper though and doesn't seem to understand she's just not as a big as the others. Serious issues with digging/burrowing too.

Good point on the dog situation. So many irresponsible owners, too...
  • Dinahxx01
    Dinahxx01 Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dinahxx01 wrote: »
    Yes it suck , I used to be there

Where at in Illinois?

• sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    So is it the West or The attic at Walmart? Lol

Go West !

No, move to Toronto!