My story is different than most...

Options

Replies

• KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of similar, except for this first part - I was overweight 2 years ago, lost 30 lbs, putting me at 140.

Then, 1 year ago I started running, and even though 140 was a healthy weight for me, I wanted to lose some of the extra body fat. So I became more active on MFP in January of this year and it really helped me lose an additional 15 lbs. I'm now right around my goal weight of 125.

Even though I am at my goal weight, I still stay active on MFP to hold myself accountable. It's so easy to gain back weight once you lose it - so I do my best to continue eating healthy. I'm usually good during the week, and let weekends slide. It's a good method for me because I can still enjoy going out to eat on occasion, but overall I'm eating healthier.

So my point is just that there are all types of people on this website - ranging from wanting to lose well over 100 lbs, to people just needing to maintain, but I have found that most everyone is here to offer you support and receive support in return! The forums can get sarcastic and mean, but generally if you friend people they will be helpful and encouraging.
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow.. what a bunch of nasty people!
  • SoulEater7
    SoulEater7 Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't understand the sarcastic comments. All because she said her story is different? Is there a best story competition on MFP? All of us have different stories although the bottomline may be the same.

Welcome OP!!!!

Well said
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Can I have the movie rights to this exclusive story?

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

Everyone has their own reasons for wanting to be in better shape. Looks like some of them did it just to belittle others. Don't let it deter you!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    How is your story any different than anyone else's?

Your story basically could have been written by me. And a bunch of us on here. I grew up thin. Lost all my baby weight, piece of cake. And was only 165 when I started on MFP. You don't have to be 100 pounds overweight to be on here, and you're not going to get a bunch of cr@p from people for only needing to lose 15 pounds or whatever, unless you make yourself a target by posting on forums about how fat you are and having a profile picture where you look emaciated. Then they'll eat ya for breakfast! LOL

Sorry. You're not all that unique. But remember, that also means you're not alone. :) That's the awesome thing about MFP.

Welcome!
  • MrsKerryParkin
    MrsKerryParkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think what the OP is implying is that like many of us on here we all think and maybe are overweight whereas OP is admitting she knows she isn't overweight and just wants to change for herself so get back to her happy place.

I'm not long on these boards and have mainly read nothing but helpful and informative comments, however I think there are some real nasty replies to this thread.
    We may all be on a similar journey and if the OP hasn't maybe had a chance to trawl/search through the forums (like myself) then surely they are entitled to begin their own story!

Good Luck to you on your journey OP - I hope you enjoy your stay on MFP and mainly..... ignore the trolls
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What a great example of how to scare people away from the boards. Some people find out difficult to our themselves out there and post on these boards. So acting like a bunch of morons won't help anyone and just makes you all look pretty pathetic

What the what?

Seriously?

She's not different than most. She's frankly average.
  • Springerrr
    Springerrr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think there is a novel in this one!!
  • Springerrr
    Springerrr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    And you are earnestly frank. I can say this because I am, frankly, earnest.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    What a great example of how to scare people away from the boards. Some people find out difficult to our themselves out there and post on these boards. So acting like a bunch of morons won't help anyone and just makes you all look pretty pathetic

What the what?

Seriously?

And you are frankly mean. Any chance you noticed that it is her third freakin' post?
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nature. And welcome to the world of forums. I did a short little study (based on this topic alone) and came to the conclusion that sarcasm and nastiness -- contrary to popular belief -- are not necessarily beneficial to weight loss, as those who were pleasant with you have lost more weight than those who were not. So I am at a loss as to what motivation leads to their offensive behavior.

Perhaps what they were having trouble finding appropriate words to say is that, no matter what your starting point or your goals, your story is every bit as valid as anyone else's story.

Or maybe they need a cookie?

Good luck on your journey.
  • leeka732
    leeka732 Posts: 4
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I can't help snowflakes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    scientifically proven that some snowflakes have been identical... :( snowflakes are not unique.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Can I have the movie rights to this exclusive story?

:laugh: :laugh:

that is not at all the point of the story....

Welcome, you can definitely reach your goals by logging and exercising.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I can't help snowflakes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    scientifically proven that some snowflakes have been identical... :( snowflakes are not unique.

Are you saying I'm the same decaying organic matter as everyone else?!?!?
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    ok, but the real question is... does she poop wrong? because if she poops wrong, then she is very much like the rest of us... according to a previous post, the majority of us poop wrong... so thats the info we need here...
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Well, there are actually quite a few similar to you... Look for them (search criteria selections) and they can help.

And people will eat you alive on these boards.... don't fret, they're just hungry!

Welcome -
    ~j

"...don't fret, they're just hungry!" Oh man, I'm going to be laughing over that one for a while...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too . Cracked me up . Now that's what I'll think when I see mean comments hahhaha.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

What the what?

Seriously?

And judging from your attitude, you are well below average, my dear.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

What the what?

Seriously?

And judging from your attitude, you are well below average, my dear.

^This.

Ignore the obnoxious attention seekers. They just don't have enough class to embarrass themselves.
This discussion has been closed.