Ladies, be honest......why no replies?

Options

Replies

• wendyhas4angels
    wendyhas4angels Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i have a cousin that would love to have a "pen pal" if you have facebook you can add me and i will get yall together!!! my name is wendy broerman harris!! good luck to you
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You just got lost in the shuffle :)
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am an inverted person, I joined this website for myself, not really looking for any friends. I have a few "friends" but not like the ones I have outside the site.
    If you are looking for motivation, read the postings people post; they help but, the best encouragement and motivation comes from within yourself. Not having friends should not keep you from reaching your personal goals and living a healthy life.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got no replies. My only answer would be that there are so many people joining and posting everyday that yours got lost in the shuffle.

Welcome!

I agree with the above. I've started several threads and have gotten very few replies, then I'll see a similar post on the same topic later. There's a lot of posting going on here and some posts go overlooked.

You're not scary at all, by the way. :happy:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    get outta the intro forum and get into the main forums.
    there is lots of fun to be had in the chit chat fun and games section.

post something up about doing a cleanse and draw people in...then drop the hammer that cleanses dont work and that you were just in it for the lulz.

the friend requests will pour in. trust.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got no replies. My only answer would be that there are so many people joining and posting everyday that yours got lost in the shuffle.

Welcome!

Agreed. Although, I know some women prefer to have only female friends on here because they feel they're "in the same boat'. I don't care, personnally, but I can understand that. Anyway, welcome :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You wonder if you did not add enough info to your profile .....but there is absolutely nothing in there......

Apart from that I am sorry that you had a less than smooth beginning. I am also a relatively new member( April2013) and since I am older, I figured that that was the reason why people did not answer to my friend requests. I now have nine very supportive friends and I am ok with that.
    I hope your situation changes soon and you develop a supportive circle of friends. Good Luck !

This. And why just ladies? It's not a dating site, although sometimes it may appear that way. Put some information about yourself in there so you don't look like you're just out to collect friends, and post in the forums to let people get to know you. And don't be creepy. :drinker:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I generally only add women as friends, unless the man is a group moderator of a group I've joined. I also don't try to collect a lot of friends. If I comment on someone's post here because we have similar goals, then we add as friends. If I don't add someone, it's not personal.
  • Lutah7
    Lutah7 Posts: 45
    Options
    If people don't come to you, you got to go to the people.

Instead of waiting for people to send you an FR, have you sent any FRs?

While I agree with this, this is also not easy. But I think you're right, and it's a good first place to start. Be pro-active. But again, that can be hard/scary. My acceptance of ANY friend on here or geographically "at home" has never been on looks, though it has indeed been on attitude. Happy to add you
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This isn't a dating site...... why only women?
  • skullshank
    Options
    srsly...make a thread in the main forums with a double-entendre title.

something like "how do i log my big balls" and then in the body of the post, talk about how you made the meatballs to go with pasta, and ask if you log the ingredients individually or if you just use a generic meatball as what you should log.

youll thank me later.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Was your introduction directed at the "ladies?" Did you specify that you're looking for "lady" friends when you contacted these ladies? If so, that's why. That and your profile is blank. Maybe you ought to be looking for friends instead of lady friends. If a guy sent me a FR, or posted here, saying he's new and is looking for "lady" friends, it's not happening.:flowerforyou:
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Just a guess, but I doubt many people here want to be "pen-pals," especially with people they don't know. That implies some sort of obligation to write emails to each other regularly and stuff like that. Personally, I don't have the time for that. Most of my contact with my MFP friends is limited to posting comments on each other's news feed, which involves much less of a committment. The occasional messages back and forth are generally for a specific purpose (making a follow-up question/or comment on someone's post).

As others have suggested, start by making friends through the forums/groups and build up relationships by posting on the forums and commenting on your friends' news feeds. And don't be afraid to send friend requests to other people (though don't be offended if people turn you down; as you can see from this thread a lot of women are only looking for female friends or people with similar goals). It helps if you add a note--something simple like "I saw your post about X and I really liked your perspective" will probably do.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I took all the good ones. Sorry.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    srsly...make a thread in the main forums with a double-entendre title.

something like "how do i log my big balls" and then in the body of the post, talk about how you made the meatballs to go with pasta, and ask if you log the ingredients individually or if you just use a generic meatball as what you should log.

youll thank me later.

This is how he lured me in. Well, and he let me smell his bath water.

And yeah ladies, it was heavenly
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    I took all the good ones. Sorry.

AND let the best one go. imho
  • skullshank
    Options
    hot topic today is replacing cake with watermelon...you think im kidding....im not.
    some chick claimed she made a cake by cutting a watermelon into a rectangle and putting whipped cream on it.
    bahaha thats not cake!

so head over to the recipes section of the forums, and post a recipe for "60calorie watermelon cake - LIFE CHANGING"
    (adding "life changing" is important)

then go on to list the ingredients for the recipe, which of course would be watermelon and whipped cream.

you wont be able to keep up with the FRs, man...fo real.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Your (3) intros were boring and the titles were not good enough to catch someones attention.
  • Factory_Reset
    Options
    Your (3) intros were boring and the titles were not good enough to catch someones attention.

WOW, judge much?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have guy friends.

Read the forums, it you see a post you think shows that someone has similar interests, send a friend request with (and this is very important) a MESSAGE explaining where you got the name and why you think you'd make a good friend. Good luck.