Ladies, be honest......why no replies?

Options

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    OP, just start sending out the FR.

Don't be shy

I've gotten I like you, you have a pretty little mouth, and you intrigue me.

Yep, ALL of them made it on.

So go ahead, let your creeper flag fly
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You don't need everyone's validation about your profile, if you're not confident, fake it. I'll admit some people want to get their ego stroked- go to the 'chit chat fun and games' area for that.

And like someone else said this is not a dating website...most women (and men, I would guess) didn't join so they could be hit on.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    ok dude....i will give you ONE more secret to getting friends on here.

want some chicks on your FL?
    change your profile pic to this: p0stworkout-nutrition-abs-man-28102011.jpg

youre gonna wind up with TOO MANY girls, bro!
    then you'll need to balance it out with some dudes.
    change your pic to this: 269229_433541860048319_559357639_n.png

and dont even worry about your gender being listed as a dude...people dont pay attention to that. they see the pic, and like moths to a flame...bam.

youre welcome, man.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I took all the good ones. Sorry.

AND let the best one go. imho

She made questionable taste.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    OP, just start sending out the FR.

Don't be shy

I've gotten I like you, you have a pretty little mouth, and you intrigue me.

Yep, ALL of them made it on.

So go ahead, let your creeper flag fly
    people like gifs. I get all teh ladies with my creepy gifs.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay...honesty in 3.....2......1....

I'm not a canuck but know enough that it's some kind of regional thing from a region I don't even know where=no FR.

You didn't seem to take the time to take the most pleasant pic of yourself =no FR

You posted just for the sake of gaining friends which I usually don't do those threads =no FR

A pic on a boat reminds me of smelling like fish or going fishing both of which I hate=no FR

You wrote NOTHING on your profile=no FR

I have never seen you write anything on the boards so I have no idea if we have anything in common=no FR

Nothing about your OP here or your profile indicates any kind of sense of humor which is crucial for tolerating my antics=no FR

I didn't know FedEx guys made deliveries by boat=no FR

You currently appear to be whining/"fishing" for FR's= no FR
  • Factory_Reset
    Options

Mac n cheese is not questionable taste

And OP, you may find your soulmate on here. But be careful, mine hurt me.
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

and dont even worry about your gender being listed as a dude...people dont pay attention to that. they see the pic, and like moths to a flame...bam.

youre welcome, man.

LOL but true story...:laugh:
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting your intentions, but this is a diet site. Not a dating site. And ALOT of women, myself included, don't want to add male friends.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I looked back at your first post, and you were looking for someone in the Calgary area, who might eventually want to go walking with you. The main forums cycle through so quickly here that maybe nobody from that area happened to be logged on at the moment. I wouldn't have replied to you from that post because I'm not from anywhere around you.

This isn't a dating site, so I think most people aren't looking for real life hook-ups anyway. Pointing out that you were single in that initial post, and addressing this post to "Ladies," makes me think that maybe you are looking for a real life hook-up, which is fine, but pretty unlikely on this site.

If I was single and looking, and I lived in your area I still might not have responded to you though because you have nothing on your profile. I have done online dating before...I met my husband that way, and there had to be some kind of feeling of connection with a person for me to message him. Online that means something on your profile, that is not hook-up related. Something that lets people get to know a little about you...maybe you like dogs or board games or science fiction. Something interesting about you.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Make more posts on the forums. Find like minded friends that share similar points of view and personalities.

A lot of people (myself included) aren't into being collected.

This.
    I also agree with this not being a dating site and ladies looking for only, or mostly, ladies as friends.
    Try a 50+ group for more like-minded friends.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

It was you liking M&S that broke me.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I think I got one reply to my first letter of introduction. Lots of threads, got lost in the shuffle, I guess.
    I found friends on here after I posted my success story and by joining groups with similar interests.
    Good luck to you!
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, after all of these posts, why have you not added any friends? It would be nice if you filled out a little about yourself in your profile and opened your diary. If you truly want support and motivation from friends, you have to be willing to let us in, right? Male or Female, it makes no difference to me, we're all here for a common purpose
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Was your introduction directed at the "ladies?" Did you specify that you're looking for "lady" friends when you contacted these ladies? If so, that's why. That and your profile is blank. Maybe you ought to be looking for friends instead of lady friends. If a guy sent me a FR, or posted here, saying he's new and is looking for "lady" friends, it's not happening.:flowerforyou:

This.

I'm not here to date. I only add friends if I think we've got something in common and if they've demonstrated a sense of humor.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting your intentions, but this is a diet site. Not a dating site. And ALOT of women, myself included, don't want to add male friends.

why not add guys?
  • Factory_Reset
    Options

It was you liking M&S that broke me.

I made fun of you, didn't say I liked them

Communication honey or we're never gonna work
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options

youre welcome, man.

OMG! I love her shoes! :love:

Op, I was going to suggest putting the words 'boobs' or 'nuts' in you thread title, but what he suggests will prolly work best. And don't call me lady!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't add people or respond to people unless they have taken the time to fill out their profile info - - just because it makes me think they are not "serious" about the site - and instead just lookin to hook up or creep or something.

that just might be me, though........not sure.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hey...you can add me if you would like. I only refuse to not add men when they are being uber creeptastic. Like...their message is: WADAP SEXAY