• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Ladies, be honest......why no replies?

creepy-dude.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't add people or respond to people unless they have taken the time to fill out their profile info - - just because it makes me think they are not "serious" about the site - and instead just lookin to hook up or creep or something.

that just might be me, though........not sure.
    I think this too
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I posted an intro thread. Got no responses. I feel your pain.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This isn't a dating website. Why are you most concerned that ladies aren't answering?

But I agree with many above who say your post probably just got lost in the massive influx of new members/new posts. I'm certain it's not personal.

Start watching the forums and commenting on other people's topics. You'd be surprised how many people will add you when they read something you say that hits home with them. That's pretty much where my friends came from. And where many friends I added came from.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    4 posts....
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Add people who you have something common with,who can relate to your struggles and hot chicks 5 lbs away from the goal hardly fall in that category.Why add the hot ladies in the first place? Thats the worst kind of tease ever! Its like being friendzoned..all talking and no action...kill me now!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree about this not being a dating site...when I read that Topic I had to double check make sure I hadn't logged into my 'dating' site and landed in some "nice guy's" journal post...(I won't elaborate, ya kinda rather have to 'be there' to understand)

And, as others have replied, there are many (probably thousands) of posts written here everyday, sometimes they just get lost in the shuffle.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting your intentions, but this is a diet site. Not a dating site. And ALOT of women, myself included, don't want to add male friends.

why not add guys?

I add guys sparingly because if my husband was on this site I wouldn't want him to have a million female friends and no guy friends. I think it's a slippery slope sometimes on a site like this when we are so vulnerable (sharing out weight loss woes can sometimes be very personal) and I wouldn't want to find myself crossing a line, or being someone that makes someone else want to cross a line. So to play it safe, I rarely add guys to my friends list. But that's just me.
  • julieboggie
    julieboggie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, i just joined yesterday, and this is my first post. im not the greatest typest, so please bear with me. no you are not ugly and the fact that no one has replied surprises me.my name is julie, and right now i weigh 300 lbs. im 58 years young and have several health issues im hoping to resolve if i can get this weight off. i live with my daughter and her husband in colorado. i have 10 awesome grand kids. i love to draw portraits, go fishing, read, play video games, thats what grandmas do sometimes. lately been very tired with no energy. not my norm. i want to exercise tho difficult cause i have copd. my goal is to lose 100 lbs slowly so it will stay off. so tell me more about yourself.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    ok dude....i will give you ONE more secret to getting friends on here.

want some chicks on your FL?
    change your profile pic to this: p0stworkout-nutrition-abs-man-28102011.jpg

youre gonna wind up with TOO MANY girls, bro!
    then you'll need to balance it out with some dudes.
    change your pic to this: 269229_433541860048319_559357639_n.png

and dont even worry about your gender being listed as a dude...people dont pay attention to that. they see the pic, and like moths to a flame...bam.

youre welcome, man.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    hi, i just joined yesterday, and this is my first post. im not the greatest typest, so please bear with me. no you are not ugly and the fact that no one has replied surprises me.my name is julie, and right now i weigh 300 lbs. im 58 years young and have several health issues im hoping to resolve if i can get this weight off. i live with my daughter and her husband in colorado. i have 10 awesome grand kids. i love to draw portraits, go fishing, read, play video games, thats what grandmas do sometimes. lately been very tired with no energy. not my norm. i want to exercise tho difficult cause i have copd. my goal is to lose 100 lbs slowly so it will stay off. so tell me more about yourself.

OMG

get_a_room.jpg
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I joined a few months ago and wrote a letter of intro and I received NO replies at all to it (beyond the default letter from the admin).....Also, I received no replies from the ladies (my age) that i wrote too either. My letter was simple and not too personal...just that i was looking for a pen-pal to go on this weight loss journey with.

I am a big, big guy, yes (360# 6.1) but this is a diet site site and that should be expected.

Is my picture too scary or ugly?

Did I not add enough info on my profile?

Well you have been here since April and you have added nothing to your profile. Complete the profile it helps folks find common ground. Who are you? Do you have a family? Do you like sports? What are you doing to get rid of the weight? Walking or gym? Open up this is a social site. Having said that I am sending you a friend request my DH is the same weight as you but 6ft5in.

Please be honest and give me some advice on why I am being wall-flowered.

Thank`s

Neil
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just read your intro post. Not much there except telling people you are from Calgary and looking to meet people in your area to maybe go hiking with next year. Doesn't really call for a reply .... Unless the reader is from Calgary and also looking to go on a hike next year.

The best way to get to know other members is by participating in posted conversations. After awhile you will see some of the same names pop up which means you have things in common with those folks. Also, your most recent post sounds more suited for a dating website which this is not ... It is a place to exchange information and ideas, and maybe along the way you will develop friendships with some of the regular posters.

Look for opportunities to participate with others who are like-minded.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Fill out your About Me info, and start sending Friend Requests!!!!

yep, fill out your profile and then go join a few active groups.

I agree to both ....Joining groups helps lots . You find like minded people ,and really the more posts you write the more people begine to see who you are .

Amy
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are you sending friend requests and having no one reply with a "yes", or are you sending PMs to ladies of your choosing and asking them to write you? To be honest, I accept just about any friend requests that I get, but I rarely answer PM's from guys who are not on my friends list as it comes across as kind of creepy. I don't like random strangers asking me personal questions in private emails.
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of ppl do that. We add as friends, and that's the support.

+1
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got no replies. My only answer would be that there are so many people joining and posting everyday that yours got lost in the shuffle.

Welcome!

Probably this
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Info in your profile would help.... And sometimes the forums are realist, go looking for friends with similar interest and weight to lose, but you will notice most people have info about themselves.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    srsly...make a thread in the main forums with a double-entendre title.

something like "how do i log my big balls" and then in the body of the post, talk about how you made the meatballs to go with pasta, and ask if you log the ingredients individually or if you just use a generic meatball as what you should log.

youll thank me later.

OMG I can't stop laughing at this.
  • angelasmithhenderson
    angelasmithhenderson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    neil, i was thinking the same thing about myself. No one ever responds to my posts either. Or i'm just not seeing them? I've only been on for a couple of weeks. i'm still navigating, but good luck and welcome