Replies

• sdonovan4
    sdonovan4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Is she hot lol tell him to kick game and be the one who is hitting it lol
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Call the police to file a noise complaint and then notify management of the situation and that it was reported. I know that's what my apartment requires. Once you do that, they'll send a notice. After 3 police reports are filed, they send out an eviction notice.

This
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    He should get a girlfriend and fight fire with fire.

^---this....definitely.
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    Doing the dirty laundry?

First of all, it's sex. And it's only 20 minutes of you boy's beauty sleep. With any luck, your son will be getting his own dirty with his BS is economics or whatever. He'll not want the po-po called or ratted out to management because those walls/floors are thin - so he needs to think HARD about how big of deal this actually is or if maybe it's just some culture shock. If he lived in a dorm, he'd have to learn to live and make far more compromises with a roommate.It MIGHT be time cut the cord. If it bothers him, he need to try to solve the problem. He's presumably an adult and he needs to learn how to navigate real world situations without you taking care of that for him.
    ^^^^ this x 1,000....eventually some girl or guy is gonne find you're baby attractive enough to get naked with...and it would totally suck if the neighbors did a little pay back. Tell him to bust out the earplugs, or hand lotion...and STFU. College is not high school.

Thank you very much!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My senior year of college I lived in a room straight above a fraternity. I learned to sleep through ANYTHING. One thing that helps is a white noise machine. If he has a smart phone there are plenty of apps that play white noise or sleep-conducive sounds. If he can plug his phone in to charge and have it near his bed, he might be able to fall asleep with that. I think it is a good learning experience to be able to adapt and make oneself comfortable in a challenging environment. My daughter never acquired that skill. She always focuses on trying to make the environment change to suit her, and there are times that just isn't possible so all she gets is distress for herself and everyone else around.
  • nortyrascal
    Options
    "Doing The Dirty"?
    It's OK you can mention the word 'sex'.
    That might be your problem right there.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    He should get a girlfriend and fight fire with fire.

Yes
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Ear plugs work wonders.
    Call the police to file a noise complaint and then notify management of the situation and that it was reported. I know that's what my apartment requires. Once you do that, they'll send a notice. After 3 police reports are filed, they send out an eviction notice.

:laugh: I can just hear the conversation with the police department and management. I mean really? I'd be laughing my butt off! Not only that but I'd be annoyed if someone called the police because my having sex was "too loud". I'd probably laugh and then make sure I was extra loud the next time.

When I lived in an apartment I could hear the woman next door taking a bath at night. I could hear her filling up the tub and splashing around. Not only that but I could hear my downstairs neighbors television at times and the people next door talking. It's called living in an apartment with thin walls.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I would do two things. First, tell my son that college kids live in apartments to remind them that they're going to college to get 3 things: good grades, a good job, and the hell out of that apartment.

Secondly, record their nocturnal activities, then wire it up to their doorbell.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I feel really bad for all of you saying to call the cops, I mean really? None of you has ever enjoyed a little loud bumping uglies in the middle of the night? Tell your kid to put some ear plugs in and look forward to the day he is returning the favor.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    have him play some really heavy metal thru his radio and turn it way up. Slayer works real well at 3am
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why all the random capital letters, OP?

I think you should knock on the neighbor's door and tell him all about REAL vegetarians!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Also who the hell goes to bed before 2am in college?
  • BrklynTico
    BrklynTico Posts: 143
    Options
    True Story: I've had the cops called on me by the old people next door because they thought I was killing someone. I answered the door naked. They told me to get dressed. I said I'm a nudist and have the right to do what I want in my property.

They left in embarrassment.

That was a fun night.

Trust me, there's nothing he can do but ear plugs or an ipod.
  • NHUK
    NHUK Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tell him to change his apartment wifi name to "I can hear you having sex upstairs"

This one I like :o)
  • daisydaisy99
    daisydaisy99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    OP why do you feel the compulsion to randomly capitalize words?

He capitalizes 'My Son'.

Do you think he's talking about Jesus?

If that's true that would make him God, in which case he wouldn't be seeking our consult, so I'm going to go with no.

Since God is really only familiar with impregnating virgins this whole "loud sex thing" might just not be in his wheelhouse so it makes perfect sense to me that he could be looking to MFP for assistance...
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Move or deal with it.

Life is full of little annoyances...
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe I'm the only one that would drill a hole in the ceiling and snake a fiber optic camera in to their bedroom!

This younger generation is just no fun at all.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Earplugs.

Or record it and play it loudly at 1:45 a.m., just before she gets started.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    OP why do you feel the compulsion to randomly capitalize words?

He capitalizes 'My Son'.

Do you think he's talking about Jesus?

If that's true that would make him God, in which case he wouldn't be seeking our consult, so I'm going to go with no.

Since God is really only familiar with impregnating virgins this whole "loud sex thing" might just not be in his wheelhouse so it makes perfect sense to me that he could be looking to MFP for assistance...

God is almighty and all knowing. I'm sure he could resolve this issue without assistance from the peanut gallery.
This discussion has been closed.