Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I have to say that I had never heard of this before, so I googled it to find out more. If you are young and healthy and active, it sounds great and it makes sense, particularly for the short term.. However, as you get older, you need to worry about fats - saturated fats - and your blood sugar, and your cholesterol. I can say from experience, the things you do to your body today, you will reap as you get older. There is a reason people say "if I knew I was be this old, I would have taken better care of myself" So if you follow this diet, make sure you are not creating bad food habits for yourself by filling up on fast food, desserts, and junk food. You don't want to end up on a lot of medication when you are older (and you WILL find yourself old one day)

How are we defining "old" here? I turn 56 this year, eat fast food, desserts and junk food in moderation, and I have exactly zero medical conditions and take exactly zero medications of any kind. I'm at the healthiest weight and lowest bodyfat percentage I've been since I was 21 years old. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for this "old" thing to happen.

[ETA:] Google is not always a good "research" source. I can Google and find "evidence" that the Earth is flat, Bigfoot exists and the moon landing was a hoax. Oh yeah, and that carbs make you fat and CICO doesn't matter, too. None of which are true.

Big Foot does exist. I saw a Netflix documentary on it. We all know how rigid the burden of proof in Netflix documentaries are, so it MUST be true.

Absolutely. There's just as much evidence-based science and truth in a Bigfoot "documentary" as there is in other pillars of Netflix wisdom such as The Magic Pill, What The Health, Forks Over Knives, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and all the others.

In fact, binge watch all these, then give a detailed analysis of why one is more "factual" than any of the others.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I have to say that I had never heard of this before, so I googled it to find out more. If you are young and healthy and active, it sounds great and it makes sense, particularly for the short term.. However, as you get older, you need to worry about fats - saturated fats - and your blood sugar, and your cholesterol. I can say from experience, the things you do to your body today, you will reap as you get older. There is a reason people say "if I knew I was be this old, I would have taken better care of myself" So if you follow this diet, make sure you are not creating bad food habits for yourself by filling up on fast food, desserts, and junk food. You don't want to end up on a lot of medication when you are older (and you WILL find yourself old one day)

How are we defining "old" here? I turn 56 this year, eat fast food, desserts and junk food in moderation, and I have exactly zero medical conditions and take exactly zero medications of any kind. I'm at the healthiest weight and lowest bodyfat percentage I've been since I was 21 years old. I guess I'll have to keep waiting for this "old" thing to happen.

[ETA:] Google is not always a good "research" source. I can Google and find "evidence" that the Earth is flat, Bigfoot exists and the moon landing was a hoax. Oh yeah, and that carbs make you fat and CICO doesn't matter, too. None of which are true.

Big Foot does exist. I saw a Netflix documentary on it. We all know how rigid the burden of proof in Netflix documentaries are, so it MUST be true.

Absolutely. There's just as much evidence-based science and truth in a Bigfoot "documentary" as there is in other pillars of Netflix wisdom such as The Magic Pill, What The Health, Forks Over Knives, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, and all the others.

In fact, binge watch all these, then give a detailed analysis of why one is more "factual" than any of the others.

It would be really confusing to try to be a ketopaleovegancarnivoreintermittentfaster.

8 glasses of water every other day? And breathe! A lot!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    A keto/paleo/carnivore who does IF I can see, but I'm having a hard squeezing in the vegan part of that...
    mph323 wrote: »

It would be really confusing and hard to try to be a ketopaleovegancarnivoreintermittentfaster.

This discussion has been closed.