Who's getting 130g protein on 1800 cals (or just about)

Options
1235»

Replies

• KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bump - I love several of these ideas!
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Pasta and ice cream? It's tough to make the macros work when you eat these too often. Whole grain pasta does have protein, but maybe the ice cream should be a less frequent treat. A Greek yogurt is a good substitute when you have the craving. If you get plain, you can even mix flavored protein powder into that, and really boost the numbers
  • DarthKity
    DarthKity Posts: 16
    Options
    I get 150g of protien on a 1500 cal diet - supplement with shakes, concentrate on veggies an whole grains as well
    Also dont waste cals on ice creams etc if your worried about macros
    x
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Pasta and ice cream? It's tough to make the macros work when you eat these too often. Whole grain pasta does have protein, but maybe the ice cream should be a less frequent treat. A Greek yogurt is a good substitute when you have the craving. If you get plain, you can even mix flavored protein powder into that, and really boost the numbers
    I get 150g of protien on a 1500 cal diet - supplement with shakes, concentrate on veggies an whole grains as well
    Also dont waste cals on ice creams etc if your worried about macros
    x

*sigh*

IIFIYM
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Bump for later
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Check mine out
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Diary's open. :smile:
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Just remember your body can only absorb about 30+ or - g of protein average at one time, the rest is just passed through your body...If you are trying for that much protein make sure you are spreading it out!

This is a myth, I believe.
    Think of it this way, your stomach begins to break down protein when it reaches the stomach and then begins to be absorbed in the small intestine. The flow of your bile through the small intestine doesn't slow down just because there is an increased level of protein in it so it can all be absorbed. There is only so much protein that your body needs to utilize at any given time, and it will pull what it needs out and leave the rest. After rigorous activity it is more likely your body will pull more protein in one sitting, but if you've spent the past 8 hours sedentary, what does your body need that protein for? For example, it is similar to how water is absorbed on a needed basis in your body and the rest is ejected or stored based on amount of intake. It is the same with excess nutrients. Yeah there are many debates on the topic (mostly from the makers of protein supplements and the meatheads) but you really just need to understand the processes your body goes through when digesting food. Are there people who are exceptions? Of course there are. If you are constantly doing rigorous exercise it is likely that your body might hold onto a higher quantity of protein temporarily in preparedness for muscle breakdown, but any excess will eventually just be pushed out if not utilized.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My calories are set to 1750 and protein is 153 grams. Feel free to check out my diary. Some days IDGAF, and those will be obvious (like yesterday) but most day I really make an effort to hit my macros.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yay for high protein people! If there is one change that I have made along my journey, it is upping my protein that has made the most difference. I am a proud protein Nazi to my friends! I nag constantly.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You can consume protein powder w/o drinking it.

Take 1 serving of 0% plain greek yogurt.
    Add 1 scoop of whey protein.
    Stir thoroughly. Add mix ins like berries if you want.

Greek yogurt: 18protein, 100 kcal
    Whey protein: 24protein, 120kcal

That's 42g protein and 220kcal. That's a significant protein contribution at only 220 kcals and you are eating it instead of drinking it.

I had this last night- and I'm having it again for breakfast- **** is fracking delicious. not even going to lie.

I'm going to add up the stuff so I can make it's own entry. woot