How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• OrdinaryAnytime
    OrdinaryAnytime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hqv4xzpvst24.jpg

We were strangers before being cast as Romeo & Juliet in a production two years ago, so I guess you could say it was fate?
  • Lisa8823168
    Lisa8823168 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Me from MI but living in TN, He from TX but living in AL. Met in Alaska, both on business (two very different business) in the coldest part of the off season...enjoyed a few dinners, parted ways to never talk again...few months later, me in TN, He in AL, ran into each other in KY...this time, parted ways to talk again and again...married year later. We have never again had another business trip in the same city at the same time, even when we try to coordinate it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met for the first time when I was 13 and he was 17. We were at a community pool and as my husband is fond of telling everyone, I was wearing a white bathing suit. Enough said.

We dated for the summer breaking up in September. Move forward 5 years, I'm engaged to someone else living in a different city. Husband calls and asks if he can stay with us if he moves to the city until he gets on his feet. He was friends with my fiance. We say yes, he moves in mid-January by end of February I realize I am in love with my now hubby and break up with fiance. Hubby and I got married in June that year. 31 years ago next week!
  • Gainz147
    Gainz147 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Prison
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Graduate school.
    We both were runners. Probably the only runners in the graduate program.
    Miles along the shore of Lake Michigan in Evanston, the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago, Wilmette.
    Our 30th anniversary is September 4.
  • ArmyMedic23PFA
    ArmyMedic23PFA Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting to find one, gets harder as you get older
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    . [it] gets harder as you get older

speak for yourself and ....

get off my lawn

• dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I met mine (Paul) on the internet 16 years ago. We dated for about 18 months and then he did something stupid, I left town to get over him and ended up marrying someone else. Classic rebound relationship. Bad move!! I separated 3 years ago and am now divorced. Every year on my birthday, Paul would call me to make sure I was OK and happy. Last year he said that he had never gotten over me and could I give us another go. Thankfully I said yes and can honestly say I have never been happier.
  • helencarlos919
    helencarlos919 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Walking down the street and on the same day I broke up with my then boyfriend .He’s the best decision I ever made. We are madly in love and have a 3 month old son together. Just goes to show, you never know what God has in store for you. Sometimes a impulse decision can change your life!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    At a bar. Thought he was too young to be there (he's actually 4 years older than me). 15 years tomorrow :)
    EdinBeau wrote: »
    At a bar. I had just met him and used him to keep another guy from bothering me. 10+ yrs and going.
    scottyp65 wrote: »
    At a bar called The Hitching Post, no lie!

At a bar. I had no idea there were so many of us! :D

Ditto, kind of... I met him at a local bar on a blind date, after I replied to his "lonely hearts ad" (UK version of a personal ad). Not the kind of thing I would ever have imagined me doing, but I'd recently been dumped and I was bored that day so thought I'd reply to a couple for a laugh. Best random "just for fun" idea I ever had!

We hit it off on the phone right away, but he had a date booked that weekend with another girl who'd responded to his ad. He'd already been stood up by the first one he tried to meet, then this second one did the same. He called me the week after and we arranged to meet - and even though he took the wrong road while attempting to follow my directions, he still managed to find the place. Must have been fate.

He proposed exactly three months after we first laid eyes on each other, and we married the following year - we'll be celebrating our 30th anniversary next spring. :)

I like to tell people "I saw him advertised and sent away for him". ;)
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Met my ex-wife through her twin sister, who I went to school with. She set us up, and was married for almost twenty years before divorcing for various reasons.

The next longest relationship I was in, I met at a friend's pool party. She was the co-worker of my friend's wife. We hit it off well, chatting, etc. When she left, she was all I could think about for a couple of days. My friend's wife asked her if it was okay if she gave me her number, and she said yes.

My current SO, I was "introduced" to at one of my jobs almost three years ago. We're pretty much married at the hip, since that's where she sits most of the time and it's rare for us to not be in close proximity to one another. Except for when she's resting and recharging, then she's tucked in for the night.
  • iqnmfp
    iqnmfp Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Online! :)
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    So jelly at how easy you guys make it look. :cry:
    I can't even get a window mannequin to lock eyes with me.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

Easy? No. I got hit on for the first time in ages last night. It's been so long, I didn't even know what to do or say... :lol:
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options

Easy? No. I got hit on for the first time in ages last night. It's been so long, I didn't even know what to do or say... :lol:

Hit back, twice as hard
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options
    2VORNT2V wrote: »

Hit back, twice as hard

Certain situations, I know exactly what to do and how to handle it. Last night, she caught me completely off guard with the comments, I was fumbling for words. I'm sure I sounded like a stuttering fool. :laugh:
  • Tami_in_Idaho
    Tami_in_Idaho Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I was browsing Craig's List looking for a couch and read my hubby's personal ad. True story! He was "looking for a wife" and the description of what he wanted fit me to a T. I thought he was too good to be true so decided to respond just for "sh**s and giggles, expecting to find him to be fake. We text each other and talked on the phone every day for 2 weeks then met first time for bowling with my bestie, her husband and another couple. Married him 4 months later. We celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary in 3 weeks and we have a 5 year old (honeymoon baby!!)
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    karsei01 wrote: »
    We actually met delivering children in kindergarden. I was just ending a long marriage, and feeling pretty low. Then just suddenly I saw this girl, just a blink, and knew I had to see her, so the next couple of days I searched the kindergarden when I delivered or picked up, before I saw her again. We just (I thought I was descrete as hell, and not used to getting attention, so didn't suspected response) looked at each other for a long time. I am way to shy to tolk to a stranger...but apparently she had noticed (and so had half the staff there...) so we started talking...and never stopped. We're celebrating our first aniversary next weekend. AND our daughter ( I have two kids and she has one from previous relationship) is off course attending the same kindergarden, so they have followed us from first time we saw each other.

You were delivering children in kindergarten already? What kind of dr school is this?

Edit: also, are you old enough to be using the internet?

@caco_ethes
    Maybe its a language issue, but we use it as a word for day care/pre school. I had a 2 yo and she had a 4yo.
    At 39 I think I am old enough, at least I've used it for the last 30 years soon...I see that delivering maybe be the wrong word, but I just cant remember what would be a better word...sorry about that, but then English is only my second language.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    @karsei01 wrote: »
    We actually met delivering children in kindergarden. I was just ending a long marriage, and feeling pretty low. Then just suddenly I saw this girl, just a blink, and knew I had to see her, so the next couple of days I searched the kindergarden when I delivered or picked up, before I saw her again. We just (I thought I was descrete as hell, and not used to getting attention, so didn't suspected response) looked at each other for a long time. I am way to shy to tolk to a stranger...but apparently she had noticed (and so had half the staff there...) so we started talking...and never stopped. We're celebrating our first aniversary next weekend. AND our daughter ( I have two kids and she has one from previous relationship) is off course attending the same kindergarden, so they have followed us from first time we saw each other.

You were delivering children in kindergarten already? What kind of dr school is this?

Edit: also, are you old enough to be using the internet?

@caco_ethes
    Maybe its a language issue, but we use it as a word for day care/pre school. I had a 2 yo and she had a 4yo.
    At 39 I think I am old enough, at least I've used it for the last 30 years soon...I see that delivering maybe be the wrong word, but I just cant remember what would be a better word...sorry about that, but then English is only my second language.

You made perfect sense, I was just teasing. :)
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

@caco_ethes

You made perfect sense, I was just teasing. :)
    Good! I like doing things right...heh