How did you meet your SO?

Options
kschwab0203
kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
I always find this interesting about people, there is always a story.

I'll start...

I was newly single and my friends kept pushing me to get out there and start dating. After 15 years with the same person the thought of how to even begin to meet someone was scary.

One night my girlfriends and I were out drinking and they signed me up on a dating website unbeknownst to me until the next morning when my phone had all these weird notifications. I thought it was funny and scrolled through the message laughing. I responded to a few in a sarcastic snarky way for my own humor and this one guy responded to me just as snarky and sarcastic as I had. It got my attention.

We texted for a few days and he asked me to meet him that Friday night. I stood him up. I was not about to be locked in a closet and tortured by some creepo I had never met. He texted me a few days later and told me that I was wrong for having done that. I called him a girl and went on with my life.

A week later, I am at my cousins bar telling her about this and she asked to see picture. Turns out she knew the guy really well and told me I was an a-hole for ditching him.

As luck would have it, he text me again (I don't know why, I was mean to him) and with some convincing from my cousin I agreed to meet him.

It's been almost 4 years.

Replies

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    He was my friend of 7 years. Pizza happened. Alcohol happened.

That's awesome!
  • EdinBeau
    EdinBeau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    At a bar. I had just met him and used him to keep another guy from bothering me. 10+ yrs and going.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    At a New Years party hosted by my guitar player's girlfriend. She was his girlfriend's friend. It just happened.
  • luciemarieleduc
    luciemarieleduc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet......
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    On the interwebz.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    At a bar called The Hitching Post, no lie! I was in the military at a location I had been once before for some training and went out with the guys to do what we do.....not much:-) and this young pretty lady smacked my leg after telling some unremarkable joke. I told her to never hit me again. I really don't like it after years and years of being the recipient of a few bullies attention. Anyway with that attitude I didn't expect to get much attention, I was wrong. (Turns out she was intrigued by a guy NOT wanting her attention) So that night I decided to marry her. It took 6 weeks to propose, she was technically still married, otherwise I would have proposed sooner. We have been married ever since, 26 yrs now.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We worked at the same place.