• joeylynnep
    joeylynnep Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It keeps deleting most of my post
  • FizikallyFit1
    FizikallyFit1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm single but last guy I met through mutuals.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Over the phone back before the age of computers and chat ;p

We talked for three months before meeting in person when we realized that we had met once before in passing at a mutual friends Party! :)
  • OneLuckeyWife
    OneLuckeyWife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    During the summer break before freshman year of high school my then best friend met a guy in a chat room. She dated him for awhile but never met him in person. I started dating him after they broke up and when I came back from vacation we went out to see Mr. Bean's Holiday and have been together ever since.

Married 06.20.2014
    First Baby 05.19.2016
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    We met through an "alternative lifestyle" website. I took one of the moderators (a friend of mine) to the airport and my wife was there to get verified. We started chatting (offline) and the rest is history.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love reading all of these!!!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    okcupid
  • nbrab
    nbrab Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We're going to officially meet in three months.

We first started talking via an app, I had recently broken up with an abusive boyfriend and just needed someone to vent to.
    He was great support.
    We didn't intend for our conversations to end up romantic, but it did.

He's coming to visit in three months, and I'm feeling more insecure than ever.
    Weight loss has always been something I've struggled with, but now I can't get it out of my mind.

I don't need to reach my goal in three months, just want to at least make some progress.

• Hthrbee1978
    Hthrbee1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    He was my friend of 7 years. Pizza happened. Alcohol happened.

Others in the friend zone have heard the legend of this man
    Don't get your hopes up. The 'friendzoned' usually stay that way, even with a hint of false promise. ;)

**OFF TOPIC to a degree, but the term "friendzone" has always bothered me for the following reasons**

Because a girl (or guy) are not required to reciprocate ones feelings. "False promise" purports that someone is attempting to "fool you" into being their friend with a promise of something more being owed. However, nothing is owed to another person beside what that person desires to give.

I'm not keen on the term either, I was just quoting what was said before.

I was referring to girls/guys who are friends with someone and want more, the other person knows this and doesn't want more but continues to flirt with that friend (false promise) simply because they like the attention. I see this a lot, especially on here.

I gotcha.. wasn't trying to be jerky about it, if it came off that way. Just wanted to address it in my own way. :-)
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    adameve. com
  • BeJeanne11
    BeJeanne11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    These stories are so beautiful ❤