How did you meet your SO?

Replies

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    I went to band practice (I was the lead singer/front man) after teaching a self defense class.
    I was still in my workout clothes. She was dating my drummer at the time.

Several events along the way... We're married now.

She likes to say "She Yoko'd the band."
    I let people know he wasn't a very reliable drummer anyway.

Yes, of course that is all true.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    1966 met SO picking her up riding in cars, bought her a Pepsi.

Married 1969 we will celebrate 50 years 2019!

Congrats.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    FarmersOnly.com
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    FarmersOnly.com

Cuz city girls just don't understand, amirite?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    High school. He was friends with my friend's older brother. Then we became friends. Then I asked him out. We dated for 8 years then got married. Now we've been married for almost 9 years, together for 17.
  • Motorsheen
    81Katz wrote: »
    FarmersOnly.com

Cuz city girls just don't understand, amirite?

how are ya going to roll in the hay, if there ain't no hay?
  • PAFC84
    The first time I met my husband I was merely 12 years old. I was on vacation in Italy for the summer. I was shopping in the town next to my home town with my mother. My mother wanted to stop by to visit her best friend who just opened this new grocery store. At the time I had no idea that she would be my future mother in-law. My husband who was merely 13 years old at the time was stocking shelves. His mother called him over and asked him to introduce himself. He mumbled hello and ran off. I remember thinking this kid is way too shy. We left and I didn’t see him again until 4 years later.

Is this before or after your parents moved to Canada without you? ;)
  • PAFC84
    On a fitness app

Does she know yet?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I answered about 1200 (literally) questions on Ok Cupid and found this guy 5 years younger who was a 98% match and lived about 20 miles away. He sounded kind of arrogant in his profile but I've always had a weakness for ginger guys and thought he was pretty cute. His profile said he was 6'2" and I expected him to be my height (5'8") based on previous experiences with online dating, lol (I wouldn't have cared).

Anyway, I messaged him immediately and we chatted nonstop for 2 days and then met. Instantly became a thing. When I saw him on arrival I literally said "oh sh**" because he was tall, handsome, and way hotter than his photos. I'd just gotten divorced and wasn't looking for anything serious. haha

We've been together six years tomorrow, married five in the Fall. We went to the same college but not at the same time. He also used to come grocery shopping with his mom and dad when he was in jr. high and I was their cashier (as a college freshman).
  • Motorsheen
    she was my parole officer....
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I was 38, newly divorced and newly sober. I decided to get my navel pierced at a local "clean and sober" tattoo parlor. He did the piercing and insisted that I come back in a few days so he could make sure it was healing properly.

I started hanging out at the tattoo parlor for the interesting company and the sobriety. We become friends, then it become so much more.

We were married about a year later; that was 17 years ago.
  • Motorsheen
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I hit him with my car.

Just kidding, I think that only happens in the movies.

.... you still have time
  • PAFC84
    I was 38, newly divorced and newly sober. I decided to get my navel pierced at a local "clean and sober" tattoo parlor. He did the piercing and insisted that I come back in a few days so he could make sure it was healing properly.

I started hanging out at the tattoo parlor for the interesting company and the sobriety. We become friends, then it become so much more.

We were married about a year later; that was 17 years ago.

And was he really concerned about your naval healing? Or was it just an excuse to see you again?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I hit him with my car.

Just kidding, I think that only happens in the movies.

.... you still have time

You know? When you're right you're right! :smile: