How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    wait, so none of these stories include the words "dick pic"?

amazing. i thought that worked, like, 80% of the time.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Roofies, cable ties and a decent sized cellar...

Not true btw... the real story is buried in this thread.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I had stopped taking online dates seriously because I had such awful ones. Almost canceled the day of cause at the time I was just so busy(keeps single life bearable).
    Didn't cancel but asked if he would mind accompanying while I grocery shopped since I needed to get it done so bad and I'm such a multi-tasker (;

Ended up meeting first at a Starbucks; he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. Immediately regretted asking him to shop with me.. which was at WALMART. Oh God, I still hate saying our first date was at Walmart haha.

I couldn't forgive myself if I let him leave with that impression so I suggested we drive to a scenic old colonial park to try and wash off the awkwardness of picking up my eggs and toilet paper. Had a panic attack while we drove separate. Got there, talked for hours more. Kissed me before we left.

I walked back into my apartment and was literally speechless and just sat staring for like half an hour. Felt like I got hit by a truck. Started searching for a new job and moved in with him a few months later. Still 100% on him.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Our story is strange. I can't help but think it was meant to be. I was visiting the Eiffel Tower with my ex. I had dropped my purse and some of it's contents spilled out. This guy was kind enough to bend down and help me with my belongings. He asked me if I was there with anyone and I said my boyfriend who at this point was quite far away from me and still hadn't noticed I'm not beside him or that I had even dropped my stuff. The guy says to me "thats too bad I would love to take you to dinner, and your boyfriend doesn't seem like he deserves you". We said goodbye and I caught up to my boyfriend but still thinking of this guy. There was something about him in only the few minutes that felt right. Anyways fast forward 4 years. Boyfriend is long gone. I had recently graduated university. Facebook had a group for my university's alumni. There's this guy in it and he looks so familiar but I can't pinpoint it. I think he's cute so I message him and tell him he looks very familiar. And lo and behold it's the guy from the Effiel tower. We had went to the same University for three years. I get to talking to him and there's that easy feeling again. Sadly he wasn't around anymore. I was in Toronto and he was in Texas. We chatted everyday and then that summer I flew to Texas to spend the summer there. I fell in love. That Christmas he flew here to visit and he just never went home. He's been here ever since. Things haven't always been easy for us. I went through my own stuff and separated myself from him but we managed to find our way back to each other and my love for him is greater than it's ever been.

Awe! This is sooo cute! It sounds like it could be a movie! I love it!
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Our story is strange. I can't help but think it was meant to be. I was visiting the Eiffel Tower with my ex. I had dropped my purse and some of it's contents spilled out. This guy was kind enough to bend down and help me with my belongings. He asked me if I was there with anyone and I said my boyfriend who at this point was quite far away from me and still hadn't noticed I'm not beside him or that I had even dropped my stuff. The guy says to me "thats too bad I would love to take you to dinner, and your boyfriend doesn't seem like he deserves you". We said goodbye and I caught up to my boyfriend but still thinking of this guy. There was something about him in only the few minutes that felt right. Anyways fast forward 4 years. Boyfriend is long gone. I had recently graduated university. Facebook had a group for my university's alumni. There's this guy in it and he looks so familiar but I can't pinpoint it. I think he's cute so I message him and tell him he looks very familiar. And lo and behold it's the guy from the Effiel tower. We had went to the same University for three years. I get to talking to him and there's that easy feeling again. Sadly he wasn't around anymore. I was in Toronto and he was in Texas. We chatted everyday and then that summer I flew to Texas to spend the summer there. I fell in love. That Christmas he flew here to visit and he just never went home. He's been here ever since. Things haven't always been easy for us. I went through my own stuff and separated myself from him but we managed to find our way back to each other and my love for him is greater than it's ever been.

Love this. <3
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Known him my whole life our parents were friends, he was my brothers BFF, we always liked each other and been with him from being 16, I'm now 29 and we're still going strong <3
  • FitOneSoon
    FitOneSoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    In a yahoo chat room, Married 11 years this July
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    My mom found her
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    Blind date aged 16, still together at 28nearly 29 with a new bubba, a dog and a house!

• afezone
    afezone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MySpace!!
    Been together 8 years, married for 3...
  • kmj254
    kmj254 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Match.com
    He was only the second guy I went out with. Dated for two years, moved in together and got married three years later. We'll be married 11 years in October and together 16 years in November.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I met my SO in 2006 officially, but I had known him since 2001, when I was only 16. He was 22 at the time. We met through an online webcomic and forum site (now defunct). He left for boot camp in early 2003, I graduated high school and went about my business in college.

Fast forward a few years. He and I had some minimal contact in the inbetween, but not much was there. I had just gotten out of a particularly bad (and abusive) relationship with someone who was still technically married (I should have listened to his ex and my dad, ugh) and wasn't really in the market for anything. I was mostly minding my business, spending way too much time drinking my sorrows away and meeting new friends of friends (who are awesome people I love having in my life). One day out of the blue he contacts me via phone while I'm working the mail room at my job. We talk and I find out that he was in remission for lymphoma and he was really down about how it had derailed a lot of his plans.

Pretty much we talked until my cell died and he kept calling me nearly every day after that. Just talking. Letting it all out. Eventually, he asked during one of these questions if I would marry him. I thought he was joking (legitimately), so I told him I would only agree to it if we a.) met in person first, b.) he asked in person and c.) he asked my father for permission (yeah, I get it.. I'm old fashioned). He drove the distance from Virginia to where I was at the time (Missouri).

So yeah.. turns out he was serious. And well, I had had a crush on him since I was 16. So when he came to visit and we went out to dinner, I said yes.

And well.. it will be ten years in June. A little unconventional for sure, but I haven't (so far) regretted it.
  • graydreams
    graydreams Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awwwww congrats on being together for 4 years.
    I met the guy I love at the hospital, he was there overnight visiting his father and he helped me move my IV drip and put the blanket on me, and he bought me food to eat. We didn't talk for a year after that because I came on too strong but a little over a week ago I told him point blank that I love him and he is interested in meeting again in the future even though he lives a 2 hour flight away :3
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    He came on a backpacking trip I was leading to the bottom of the Grand Canyon one Thanksgiving. We were just friends for a few years, then finally started dating. We've been married for 7.5 years.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I hadn’t been home or seen my Mom in 3 years. I got a couple days leave and drove home to Ohio. It was mid morning when I got home, so I thought I’d just drop in to see my Mom at work. This girl comes around the corner to drop off paperwork so my Mom introduces me to her. We go out for a late dinner. And 5 months later we get married. Still together 30 years later.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    My mom found her

Under your bed? The pages stuck together? Sorry, couldn't resist
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    At a mutual friend's cook out. Our first date was New Years Eve 1977. Been together ever since.