How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'd been single for 2 years- looking for someone for about 17 months

I met my guy on the plenty of fish website - Planned on deleting my profile the next day as I hadn't met someone good on it in forever. I messaged him first. He messaged me back around midnight- we both worked night shift back then. We text back and forth 2 days later. Met a little more than a week later. Both changed our facebook statuses after one date.
    Have been together 5 years now.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Tinder
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    FarmersOnly.Com

(if you knew me, this might be funny.)
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I met the current one at a coffee place. He came to me and introduced himself. He was cute and polite, and I didn't refuse to speak to him.

• mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    At a party. I kept saying "there's just something about you" in a drunken slur. I disappeared the next morning without waking him. And we've somehow been inseparable for over a decade. That's the short version.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Jitterbug class. No, really.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    The internet - a dating site to be exact. He had been a single dad for 8 years - his marriage being so traumatic that he just didn't want to go there again (she was a closet junkie, abusive, got pregnant to another man, asked him to raise it as his own and then got an abortion when he said no). You can only imagine. I had also been out of my marriage for about 3 years (not nearly as traumatic) and had been living with my gay best friend. We lived like a couple and even once or twice ended up being intimate (too much alcohol and a mutual fondness). Eventually we decided we were both hiding from life and we should get out and actually meet someone appropriate. Online dating was weird, people are creepy. I met maybe 3 people before I went out with my OH and they were all married/only after one thing/deviates and perverts. And they initially seemed so nice. You never know. But Michael was different. We are the same, he and I. We fit. It's never been hard work and now 3 years down the track we are planning an October wedding.
  • DiamondCookies
    DiamondCookies Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Met in a sophomore level English class about writing technical reports. He's in information assurance and management, and I'm in computational math and statistics, so it was really the only way our paths would end up crossing (the class is required for nearly all majors).

After the first class, we both had questions for the professor, and after hearing a bit about the other person we just ended up sitting outside the classroom, talking about our lives and internet memes. Ended up going from being total strangers to having the professor purposefully pair us up together on assignments because we're so close. We're planning on going to graduate school together in Seattle.
  • bassfishingirl
    bassfishingirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was driving down the road with a friend of mine when she said STOP, I want you to meet someone, so I stopped at that street corner and she introduced us, we were total strangers, my friend introduced us April 23d, we were 17 & 19,
    Years old, we got married August 28th, 4 months later, everyone said we were too young & didn't know each other that long, this August will be 41 years together, we're the best of friends & do everything together, we were blessed with a son.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I have no SO :'(

Sometimes that can be a good thing :)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Mostly yeah it's great but then the winter, fireside lonelies :|

I hear ya ,,,thats why sometimes , I do like fireplaces though B)
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ^the next story?

For me, she escaped the knots with minimal rope burn.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Our meeting is straight out of a sitcom. We lived in the same building, on the same floor!

I first saw him on the stairs when the lift was broken (as it often was). He was walking behind me and we got into a brief conversation about how they need to fix the lift. I was carrying a load of shopping bags and thought it was quite rude that he hadn't offered to help. We got to about the 8th floor of a 10 floor building and he finally offered. I said 'I'm sure after managing the last 8 floors I can handle 2 more' I got back to my flat and wrote a funny Facebook status about his feeble offer but I had to admit that he was attractive and secretly hoped I would bump into him again.

The next time I saw him was in the laundry room where we had the chance to strike up a longer conversation whilst waiting for our laundry. That conversation lasted long after the load was done and we began hanging out at eachother's flats. We've now been together for 6 years. We joke that we have basically lived together from the start.

Oh, and he has since told me that it took those 8 floors to build up the courage to offer me help with my bags because I looked like a very independent woman who would shoot him down. Which I did! And that only made him like me more!
  • annapage38
    annapage38 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    He taught me to fly gliders.

His surname is Grey, my name is Anna. I'm pretty sure someone stole our story and changed the names slightly pahaha.