Bad memories, experiences you had as a child which still haunts you, reminds you till this day

Options
kaizaku
kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
When I was around 7, I had a classmate who had a snotty nose vast majority of the time. He would not wipe it. It looked like a green mushy peas. Ever since then whenever I see mushy green peas it reminds me of him. That is one of the reasons I never ate green peas. Anyone else have any sad memories which they wish to have forgotten?

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Once when I was 3 I was playing with my friend and being a toddler I bit her for no reason. As punishment, my teacher force fed me a spoonful of spicy mustard, put me in a highchair and put the highchair inside a small bathroom with no windows and turned the lights off and closed the door. Traumatic and still haven't forgotten about it.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Once when I was 3 I was playing with my friend and being a toddler I bit her for no reason. As punishment, my teacher force fed me a spoonful of spicy mustard, put me in a highchair and put the highchair inside a small bathroom with no windows and turned the lights off and closed the door. Traumatic and still haven't forgotten about it.

Awe, that's torture. Teachers back in the day were ruthless.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

Wow. Teachers would not get away with that today. I personally would break my foot in theirass if they treat my kid that way.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Oh wow. That's horrible. I hope she got reprimanded for that whether it was now or then, that is just not right.

I got my knuckles snapped by a ruler several times, daily all through 3rd grade by my teacher Mrs. Flint. She was beyotch.. all I was doing was talking to my friends. So what if she was trying to teach us something? ;) But that slapping of a ruler sound still haunts me.
  • kaizaku
    Options

I think you should go and find the teacher to get revenge :
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I saw my little brother get hit by a pickup truck and dragged underneath it for at least 30 meters. He was ok, just had a concussion.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Bad Memories?

Yeah, those are all covered up.....

Drugs&Medicine.jpg

Ah, the common bad memories of taking meds :
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Bad Memories?

Drugs&Medicine.jpg

I was goofin'

I've never taken drugs that weren't prescribed by a physician.

Bad memories? Nothing worth mentioning......
  • kaizaku
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Bad Memories?

Drugs&Medicine.jpg

I was goofin'

I've never taken drugs that weren't prescribed by a physician.

Bad memories? Nothing worth mentioning......

:lol:
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A grown *kitten* adult neighbor used to stalk me when i was a child. He caught me alone one day turned off the light and tried to strangle me. He died of cancer when I was a teen. I am still afraid of the dark.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    A grown *kitten* adult neighbor used to stalk me when i was a child. He caught me alone one day turned off the light and tried to strangle me. He died of cancer when I was a teen. I am still afraid of the dark.

That is so horrible, I am so sorry for your awful experience
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Worrying that my mom and step fathers drug use could result in them going to jail, and what would happen to me and my brother if they did. Hiding their "stash" once when police came to our door, and then getting reprimanded for hiding it (I was trying to look out for them, for some reason I always knew it was something to hide)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Growing up with an abusive father, a clinically depressed mother and a mentally ill sibling, yes, there are plenty of sad memories.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Some of these bad "experiences" should not haunt these people still today... some just need thicker skin. But others I can relate with totally Shi** stuff can happen in life just as long as you can turn your circumstances into something constructive. Ive dealt with a lot of trauma in life and I just rather choose to learn from the experiences rather then let it haunt me for ever.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Some of these bad "experiences" should not haunt these people still today... some just need thicker skin. But others I can relate with totally Shi** stuff can happen in life just as long as you can turn your circumstances into something constructive. Ive dealt with a lot of trauma in life and I just rather choose to learn from the experiences rather then let it haunt me for ever.

Please don't undermine someone else's trauma.

I wonder what, else they might believe's just; a choice?
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Please don't undermine someone else's trauma.

I suppose your right what is common place for me might be an out right tragedy for another, who am I to judge. I still think people could benefit from developing a thicker skin / Positive mindset.