The yolk.
  • vickiflo
    vickiflo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good, I have to try it!
  • Jhs1987
    Jhs1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Canadian Bacon and a little shredded cheese... delicious!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    For salty-

Bacon, shredded chicken, cilantro, avocado, jalepeno, cayenne pepper, salsa and minced garlic

For sweet-

1/2 banana, cinnamon, honey and almond butter
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i'm boring.. just shredded cheese. i'm over egg whites.. i've started calling them *kitten* whites haha. they're tolerable and super low cal/high protein but meh.
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My fave: 1 whole egg, 1 egg white omelette with fresh chopped up spinach and sliced tomato topped with a little crumbled goat cheese! Yumsos!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Egg white
    Egg white is the common name for the clear liquid contained within an egg. In chickens it is formed from the layers of secretions of the anterior section of the hen's oviduct during the passage of the egg. Wikipedia
    Nutrition Facts
    Egg, white, raw
    Amount Per 1 large (33 g)
    Calories 17
    % Daily Value*
    Total fat 0.1 g 0%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Polyunsaturated fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
    Sodium 55 mg 2%
    Potassium 54 mg 1%
    Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g 0%
    Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
    Sugar 0.2 g
    Protein 3.6 g 7%
    Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0% Iron 0%
    Vitamin B-6 0% Vitamin B-12 0%
    Magnesium 1%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=egg+whites+nutrition&oq=egg+whites+nutrition&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j5j69i65l2j0l2.4315j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Egg
    Food
    Eggs are laid by females of many different species, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish, and have been eaten by mankind for thousands of years. Wikipedia
    Nutrition Facts
    Egg, boiled
    Amount Per 1 large (50 g)
    Calories 78
    % Daily Value*
    Total fat 5 g 7%
    Saturated fat 1.6 g 8%
    Polyunsaturated fat 0.7 g
    Monounsaturated fat 2 g
    Cholesterol 187 mg 62%
    Sodium 62 mg 2%
    Potassium 63 mg 1%
    Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g 0%
    Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
    Sugar 0.6 g
    Protein 6 g 12%
    Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 2% Iron 3%
    Vitamin B-6 5% Vitamin B-12 10%
    Magnesium 1%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    Sources include: USDA Feedback / More info

https://www.google.com/search?q=eggs+nutrition+facts&oq=eggs+nutrition+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j5j0.9605j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

78-17=61

As soon as I figure out a sauce for less than 61 calories that happens to go really good with egg whites and also happens to have vitamins in it and nearly doubles the protein, I will start putting that in my egg whites. It would be a superplus if that sauce also required no extra effort to prepare. In the meantime I'm putting the yolk, ground sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper.

GET YOLKED! :drinker:
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    always- use the whole egg with sauted onions, various cheeses, sea salt/ cracked pepper and sriracha chilli sauce ( i learned about on MFP ) AND love it.... then wrapped in Ole Extreme Tortilla.

other opt. ingred i add, roma tomatoes, spinach, ham, bacon, sausage or shrimp. i love penzeys, so i have several herbs and spices i will usually throw in too.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    the yolks. :)

THIS! Unless I was making a merengue, then I'd put in sugar instead :)
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OK, I should have said, "and I'd like to keep it to under 200 calories". Thank you all you wisenheimers that put yolks in your egg whites. That never would have occurred to me. BTW, from this point forward no one else needs to chime in with yolks. I am looking for a total calorie breakfast of under 300 calories (including juice). Yolks have 61 calories in them and I don't want 180-240 extra calories from the yolks of 3-4 eggs. I'd rather get these calories from somewhere else at some other meal.

Mushrooms and onions, sounds good.
    Spinach, sounds good
    Feta, yes, I can see it.
    Peppers, too bad I'm not a big fan of peppers.
    Ketchup, ummm...will try it.
    Srirracha sauce, will probably try it.
    Cottage cheese? Do you fold it in with the egg whites in the pan?
    Tomatoes, onion and spinach, sounds good, plus I have fresh tomatoes coming in the garden
    Broccoli, yeah, I could see it.
    Peanut butter and jelly? Ahhn no.
    Mashed bananas, well, I might try it.
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    poor egg yolks :-(
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    ditto - the yolks
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    "His research, published online in the journal Atherosclerosis, found that people who eat egg yolks regularly have about 2/3 as much plaque buildup as smokers."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/egg-yolks-bad-heart-smoking-cigarettes-study-article-1.1138536

Smoke'em while you got'em!

thank God for good dentists and dental insurance then.

:laugh:

Atherosclerosis is the hardening of, or plaque buildup, in the arteries. This article is talking about the plaque buildup in your heart, not your teeth.

To the OP I eat one whole egg with egg whites added almost every morning. Usually add either mushrooms and onions, a dash of cajun seasoning, some Texas Pete, spinach and tomatoes, soy sauce and veggies, or steak sauce and mushrooms.

:embarassed: D'oh!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Another yolk guy here...I prefer my eggs whole.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    "His research, published online in the journal Atherosclerosis, found that people who eat egg yolks regularly have about 2/3 as much plaque buildup as smokers."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/egg-yolks-bad-heart-smoking-cigarettes-study-article-1.1138536

thank God for good dentists and dental insurance then.

:laugh:

Atherosclerosis is the hardening of, or plaque buildup, in the arteries. This article is talking about the plaque buildup in your heart, not your teeth.

To the OP I eat one whole egg with egg whites added almost every morning. Usually add either mushrooms and onions, a dash of cajun seasoning, some Texas Pete, spinach and tomatoes, soy sauce and veggies, or steak sauce and mushrooms.

:embarassed: D'oh!

Here I thought you were joking!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OK, I should have said, "and I'd like to keep it to under 200 calories". Thank you all you wisenheimers that put yolks in your egg whites. That never would have occurred to me. BTW, from this point forward no one else needs to chime in with yolks. I am looking for a total calorie breakfast of under 300 calories (including juice). Yolks have 61 calories in them and I don't want 180-240 extra calories from the yolks of 3-4 eggs. I'd rather get these calories from somewhere else at some other meal.

Mushrooms and onions, sounds good.
    Spinach, sounds good
    Feta, yes, I can see it.
    Peppers, too bad I'm not a big fan of peppers.
    Ketchup, ummm...will try it.
    Srirracha sauce, will probably try it.
    Cottage cheese? Do you fold it in with the egg whites in the pan?
    Tomatoes, onion and spinach, sounds good, plus I have fresh tomatoes coming in the garden
    Broccoli, yeah, I could see it.
    Peanut butter and jelly? Ahhn no.
    Mashed bananas, well, I might try it.

200 calories:

one whole egg 78 cals
    one slice center cut oscar meyer bacon 23 cals
    Jalapeno Stew - Stewed Tomatos, Jalapenos, Onions, Garlic .25c 20 cals
    coffee with 1tsp coffee mate 20 cals

So far you have 59 calories left over to use
    -more egg whites, I think you can fit the other 3 or 4 you like to eat. OR
    -smart balance for cooking OR
    -olive oil for cooking OR
    -half a fajita tortilla OR
    -moar bacons!
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    I've discovered the advantages of eating egg whites. I use 4 egg whites and I've been putting in salsa (total calories = 72). I'm getting kind of burned out on salsa so I've gone to a half-ounce of shredded cheese (total calories = 123). What do you put in your egg whites?

I hope you cook your egg whites because if you don't you can get salmonella from drinking them raw, If you like uncooked egg whites then buy the ones that come in a carton that say pasteurized on it, that way you won't get sick.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    egg yolks!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Let me guess...LOL...the "study" was probably performed on some obese individuals who generally ate **** and didn't really do any kind of exercise or anything...
    Frid adds that there are external factors, which Spence and researchers recognized, that could influence cholesterol levels....“It may be that people who consume a lot of eggs also consume a lot of other fatty foods,” he said.

Why these "studies" as so full of ****...
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    200 calories:

one whole egg 78 cals
    one slice center cut oscar meyer bacon 23 cals
    Jalapeno Stew - Stewed Tomatos, Jalapenos, Onions, Garlic .25c 20 cals
    coffee with 1tsp coffee mate 20 cals

So far you have 59 calories left over to use
    -olive oil for cooking
    -OR moar bacons!

Jalapeno stew sounds an awful lot like salsa. Your post just gave me and idea--Canadian Bacon. And I need more than 1 egg for breakfast. That's why I eat 4 egg whites.