turmeric and black pepper
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I know people are joking with the yolks part,

Erm, no, actually.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037012

Eat the whole frikkin egg, ffs.

Exactly! It's no joke! Eat the yolk! Also the yolks contain that fats we need to fully absorb the protein in the whites. They go hand-in-hand. Yolks also contain high quality protein and essential vitamins and nutrients. The yolk also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which help preserve good eyesight and prevent vision loss.

Skipping the yolk is just skipping out on good nutrients. (But to each their own :smokin: )
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    I've discovered the advantages of eating egg whites. I use 4 egg whites and I've been putting in salsa (total calories = 72). I'm getting kind of burned out on salsa so I've gone to a half-ounce of shredded cheese (total calories = 123). What do you put in your egg whites?

i have 5 tbsp egg whites with red peppers and mushrooms, sometimes i will toss in some grated cheese. I also have 1 serving of oatmeal, too, though to fill me up more.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Egg yolk.

Same here!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Egg yellows
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks.

SNAP
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Depending on how you want your eggs to come out, fat free cheese is scarier to me than egg yolks. Just sayin'.

Care to explain why? I'm not knocking full fat cheese, I eat it often actually.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/05/21/why-you-need-to-avoid-low-fat-milk-and-cheese.aspx

I read this article and didn't see anything about fat free cheese that would've been scary. I seen where it's talking about raw and pastureized cheese and the benefits, but I never said full fat cheese was bad at all. I only use the fat free when I want it to fit in my macros, and as long as I'm melting it, it works..
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    the yolks. :)

Here, here!
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yolks. Then whatever spices and veggies are within reach.
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yolks!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    2 whites, one yolk :) sometimes cheddar cheese with turkey bacon and whole wheat toast with strawberry jam :) or in a tortilla with pepper jack cheese, salsa, chorizo
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Currently - 5 egg whites w/1oz cheddar cheese, a whole diced tomato and salt & pepper!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    yolk for me too lol but then I might have the whole egg scrambled with smoked salmon or as an omelette with mozzarella cheese (low fat) and ham/tomatoes/mushrooms etc depending on what is in the fridge.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Egg yolk.

This.
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Three egg whites scrambled with 1/4 cup of oats and usual seasonings. Although I've been on a pizza topping seasoning lately lol. Great protein/carb combo.
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon, laughing cow cheese, fat free cheddar.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg, 1-2 egg whites, lots of spinach and seasonings. I'll also add 1oz of cheese if it is a post-workout meal.