No photo = no add!

Options

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    Change it to Marlon Brando.

Wait, if I changed it to something like this, then I might get lots of FR's I can ignore!!

giphy.gif

May wanna try this one

tenor.gif
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    Change it to Marlon Brando.

Wait, if I changed it to something like this, then I might get lots of FR's I can ignore!!

giphy.gif

May wanna try this one

tenor.gif

And there goes any focus I had at work for the rest of the day.....
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    I just like how this thread immediately attracted people who don't use a profile picture and put them on the defensive.

soYEUUS.gif

Lol. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'm thoroughly confused by this gif. Maybe a thousand and just one more would be more helpful.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,504 Member
    Options
    I just like how this thread immediately attracted people who don't use a profile picture and put them on the defensive.

VALIDATE ME

wrong verb
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options

soYEUUS.gif

Lol. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I'm thoroughly confused by this gif. Maybe a thousand and just one more would be more helpful.

Thats an "on the defensive" dance. Its widely used in popular mfp cultures. I saw it on Tru Tv, and also National Geographic.

Ah, you kids with your MTV. Thanks! I must be getting old.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    So long as we can wear this together

i6k4g8c7laaq.jpg

But who wore it better?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    xxtonixx87 wrote: »
    Is it just me who wants to see who they're talking to or who you're sharing information with?
    A lot of people add me who seem lovely but why don't they have a profile pic?, I have started automatically deleting because I'm not going through the whole, "are you male or female?, why have you added me?" conversation every time.
    It should be a rule to have a pic on these kind of sites.
    The last thing we're here to do is judge, we just want to see who's on our page, agree??

You can do what you want but you are somewhat naive if you think a photo on the internet shows who a person is.
    I don't assume you are the person in your profile picture who appears to be a particular gender- or even human- at this point. It is the internet. People do misrepresent themselves often with regard to age, gender, job, marital status, etc. You might want to have some more caution than just seeing a photo if you plan to share a lot with MFP friends.

I don't use a photo or my real name for privacy reasons. I chose my profile image of a cheeseburger fairy carefully to create a certain impression. My "rule" for MFP friends is that if the person hasn't posted on the boards, does not have any info on their profile, if we don't seem to have anything in common, or they have collected 100 friends that they may just be wanting to sell something and I decline. It doesn't matter much though as I am not chatting with them or sharing anything super personal.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I don't care if a FR has a profile pic, a real person, a cartoon or the default.

I ignore all of them 100%.

Truth. @tacklewasher is an equal-opportunity ignorer :disappointed:

I think I ignored you twice :)

But we have our super-secret group so we are good.

8cbraxcs6ghb.jpg